Rice Or Not?

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Definitions of rice car on the Web:

The term rice burner or rice car can mean different things, based on the context of its use: * Most of the time it refers to automobiles (usually low-cost factory standard) that have the appearance of a customized / high performance car, but possibly with little or no functional modifications, such as improved engine, suspension or brakes. This is the most common use of the phrase and is the one the rest of this article deals with.

read this for a laugh.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_car

Thats a nice car man...:)

BoostnLoose

Feb 13, 2006
Canada
definitly NOT rice! clear corners kick ass i dont see how they can be called rice they just look so damn good!!!

:)
p164276_1.jpg

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
NOOOOOT!!!! Whoaw that car is secksay!! So damn clean! And I absolutely LOVE the sparco's--those Torino's??

BoostnLoose--What kinda rims are those? Bronze=sex. I'm thinking of respraying my car silver with a black candy under it and bronze rims!

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
NOOOOOT!!!! Whoaw that car is secksay!! So damn clean! And I absolutely LOVE the sparco's--those Torino's??

BoostnLoose--What kinda rims are those? Bronze=sex. I'm thinking of respraying my car silver with a black candy under it and bronze rims!

stock 91-92 5 spokes that have been sprayed it looks like :icon_bigg

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Car looks nice, paint is obviously newer. I do not like the clear turn signals, but aside from that it looks great. Just one problem I saw. You might want to hook up you brake boost manifold vacuum hose.

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
It isn't rice, man, you got a full-blown sushi bar going on! It's awesome! I really like the color as well. This particular guy was probably just too set in his ways to ever change his opinion, so forget about him. His opinion doesn't matter, yours does! Not to mention your car is probably more comfortable, gets better gas mileage, accelerates faster, and will get you more chicks in the end (okay, I don't know about the the chicks part, but the rest is true!)

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
I HATED the way the factory orange corners looked on my red car and like the clears so much better. IMO, on a black supra, factory orange or JDM orange/clear corners look much better than all clear. Initially, I had amber turn bulbs and 'blue' bulbs for the running light section but didn't like the 'hyper white' look of the running section. I switched to amber bulbs for the running section and I this combo looks the best on my setup. Not rice in my book ...

BoostnLoose said:
definitly NOT rice! clear corners kick ass i dont see how they can be called rice they just look so damn good!!!

:)
p164407_1.jpg

Last edited:

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
that car is awesome
damn i got clear turn signals but it looks great with the teal:)

not rice and since he was at your work i take it you overcharged his ass for some detailin huh:)

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:

the seats are sprints< still powered:naughty:

thanks for the replies guys:icon_bigg :icon_bigg
as for the guy, fk-em!!!!
he has no idea the amount of time,money,sleepless nights and ofcourse more time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that has been dumped into this 19 year old car.
his truck was 7 years newer but looked 20 years older:3d_frown: :3d_frown:
so who is he to talk?
i would never say something like that to anyone else, even if they drove a 96 civic w/3ft wing and spinners.lol

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Thats definetly childish...and down right stupid to say to the person who will be working on your car once you're out of sight.:nono:
You're car definetly reflects the cleanliness of a detailer's car, good work.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well, I can see his point of view. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it, I guess. With regard to the Rice comment, anyhow, the jap crap is just ignorance.

He's likely a die hard domestic guy, and anything that's built over the pond is rice to start with, then add the aftermarket seats and clear signals, and his opinion goes from rice to ricER.

Whatever, ask him to meet you at the track. :D