Recipe Thread.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Next on the SM Food Channel - how to properly prepare kitties.... j/k - the little furbag is fine, i'm too much of a softie to ACTUALLY hurt it. Just scared it.

I will make another tarte tomorrow though, cause its f'cking AWESOME.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Just seen this on 'What to Eat Now' on BBC iPlayer, i've not made it but it sounds fan-fooking-tastic! :D

Sea Bass Tortilla:

Sea Bass Fillets

4 Avocado's
Green Chilli
Red Onions
Olive Oil
1 Orange
1 Lime
Bay Leaf
Peppercorns
Coriander
Oregano
Cumin
Chilli Powder

Thinly slice the red onion and plunge it into some boiling water with some bay leaves and peppercorns for about 30 seconds.

Drain the onions, add them to a bowl and squeeze in orange & lime juice. Sprinkle with dried oregano and salt. Leave it in the fridge for a hour to go kind of electric pink...

Meanwhile, dice up a couple of avocado's & put them in a bowl (slice in half, pit them, skin them, THEN dice them), add a squeeze of lime juice, a whole sliced green chilli (jalapeno), and a tablespoon of olive oil.

Dust the sea bass fillets with cumin & chilli powder and grill for about 5 minutes (2:30 on each side).

Layer the ingredients onto a soft flour tortilla, avocado first, then the cooked bass, then the pickled pink onion - VOILA! :D

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Not really a *huge* recipe, but for you BBQ chicken lovers out there....

Go find a bottle of Stub's Rub in the grocery isle...

Mix it in a ratio of 2:1 (2 parts Stub's Rub Sauce to 1 part orange juice)

Put your chicken in said mix, and let sit over night in the fridge.

Put the chicken on the BBQ and continually baste it with the marinade.

Hands down some of the best damn BBQ chicken you will EVER have.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
TONIGHT we have:

Chicken breasts. In a pan.

Covered with equal parts of chicken broth and lime juice.
Add cilantro and garlic to preference.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
Turn over.
Continue baking for 20-30 mins 'til done.

Serve with rice.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
DsBetterHalf;1303075 said:
Sort-of Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
Bacon
Cream Cheese
Parsley
Garlic Salt
Rosemary
Black pepper

Beat the the chicken until it's flat. Lay over bacon strips. Mix cream cheese, parsley, garlic salt and rosemary. Line through middle of chicken breast. Wrap and close with toothpicks. Grind black pepper over chicken. Bake at 400 for about 30 to 35 minutes

ZOMG - TEH ORGASM IN YOUR MOUTH!!!

p1372542_1.jpg

p1372542_2.jpg

OMG! :drool::bigthumb: made this and its to die for. had to modify the recipe as i didn't have all the ingredients.. substituded the garlic salt w/ garlic powder and salt, and had to leave out the rosemary as i didn't have any but nom nom :icon_bigg wanna try DT's meal from the 24th next :)

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
MA70witBoost;1372542 said:
:icon_bigg wanna try DT's meal from the 24th next :)

:: waggles eyebrows ::

Rice-o-Roni has their "Natural Recipes" or something w/out preservatives, so I like serving the chicken with the Italian herb and cheese variety.

Dessert!

2 packages cream cheese (8oz each)
1 package of oreo cookies
semi-sweet baking chocolate (I suppose chips work, too, since we'll be melting it)
toothpicks

Take package of oreos and crush by hand or put into food processor. (I only used 2/3 package, since I like to taste the cream cheese a bit more)

Soften cream cheese.

Mix together, then refrigerate for a few hours to stiffen (heh heh. stiffen.)

Line a tray or plate or what-have-you with wax paper.

Roll creamchz/oreos into little balls.

Refrigerate again if needed.

Melt semi-sweet chocolate.

Put toothpick in balls.

Dip into melted chocolate.

Refrigerate 'til chocolate is hardened.

Eat.

Proceed to mouthgasm.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Malted Mocha Bars
**WARNING: THE FOLLOWING RECIPE IS HIGH IN SUGAR AND CAFFEINE, AND YOUR EYELIDS WILL BE GLUED TO THE BACK OF YOUR SKULL FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER CONSUMPTION. EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK**

Main Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 slightly beaten eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups coconut
3/4 cup chocolate flavored instant malted milk powder (I used Ovaltine, worked fine)
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder -OR- instant coffee crystals
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
1. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside. For crust, in a large mixing bowl combine butter and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Beat or stir in 1 1/4 cups of the flour. If necessary, gently knead to mix. Pat crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 15 minutes or until set.

2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Stir in coconut, malted milk powder, the remaining 1/4 cup flour, espresso powder (or coffee crystals), baking powder, and salt. Carefully spread mixture over partially baked crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Spread mocha icing over cooled bars; let frosting dry. Cut into bars.

Mocha Icing Ingredients/Directions:
IN a medium bowl, beat 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1/4 cup malted milk powder, 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder or instant coffee crystals, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and 4 teaspoons boiling water with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. If necessary, beat in a little additional boiling water until icing is of spreading consistency.

**EDIT - forgot pics**
p1372580_1.jpg

p1372580_2.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
hmm,
quick and easy baked ziti meal thing

1lb ground beef ( or chicken, or turkey, or whatever you want)
1lb ziti
1 jar of sauce
12 oz ricotta
12 oz mozzarella
1/2 clove of fresh garlic

In a large saucepot saute the garlic, add the beef and cook completely
drain the fat and return to the stove,
under medium heat, add in the jar of sauce, an equal part of water,and the ziti. keep uncovered and stir occasionally.
when the ziti is cooked to your liking stir in the ricotta and mozzarella, remove from heat and allow cheese to melt
serve and enjoy

there are some variances in cooking time, depending on how you like your pasta,

the recipe discovered when i realized i really wanted baked ziti, but did not want to clean up the multiple pots and pans normally involved in its creation

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
and for desert
smores cake batter pudding blast

1 small jar marshmallow fluff
3 packages chocolate pudding
1 box graham grackers
1 box choclate cake mix
cool whip (optional)

cook pudding as per instructions on the box, preferably the day before
cook cake as per instructions on the box, preferable in two small circular cake pans and allow to cool
Crumble 1/2 box of graham crackers,
Crumble the cooled cake,
there are varying ways of doing the next part, but i will list my favorite way first
i add the crumbled cake into the chocolate pudding, i do not use the whole cake, usually just about half (its why i recommended 2 small circular cakes)
in a large bowl (i usually use a large salad bowl)
i then layer it
layer of cake/pudding
layer of crumbled graham
until the top of the bowl, I then layer the unbroken grahams on top and cover that with marshmallow fluff
keep cool, or serve immediately
serve with cool whip

different variations
my sister does one with Oreo pudding, chocolate cake, and crumbled Oreos
my aunt does one that's all chocolate, chocolate cake, dutch fudge cookies, chocolate pudding)

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Jay's favorite steak.....

fresh garlic (one clove per steak)
coarse ground black pepper
salt
Balsamic vinegar

Chop garlic into the smallest pieces possible without making mush (my word, may not be real)
Put garlic in a small bowl add pepper and salt to taste, and mash together with the back of a spoon.
Rubb the garlic mixture into the steaks, both sides.
Place steaks in a flat dish and pour vinegar over them, just enough that half the steak is sitting in the vinegar. Lift each steak allowing the vinegar to get underneath. Turn steaks every 10 minutes for 30 minutes. Remove steaks from vinegar and blot dry ( do not rub, or you will rub off the garlic and pepper).
Grill to your taste.

Vonda's Banana Nut Bread

1 1/2 sticks of margarine
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups mashed banana ( use very ripe banana)
2 cups of self rising flour
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts ( we perfer pecans)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease 2 loaf pans with 1/2 stick of margarine.

Melt 1 stick of margarine in a large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then add sugars. Next add banana in 2 parts alternating with flour, one cup at a time. Fold in nuts. Pour batter into pans. ( You can use 1 pan if you like. I use 2 because my family likes the top of the bread best, and we get 2 tops.)

Bake for 35 minutes and check bread. The top will be golden brown and a knife inserted into the center will come out clean when it is done.

Jay likes it fresh out of the oven topped with butter, served with an ice cold glass of milk.
p1411860_1.jpg

V

Last edited:

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Bit of an update. Thought i'd introduce you guys to a colonial favourite; Kedgerie.

Normally, the recipe calls for smoked haddock, but i use slightly cheaper fish (without bones!).

You'll want:

Two bags of boil in the bag basmati rice (enough for 4 people)
Three eggs
Pollock or Cod fillet
3oz Smoked Salmon
Whole Milk
Cream
Salted Butter
Grated Cheese
Fresh Chopped Parsley
Black Pepper

Boil the rice and the eggs - make sure the eggs are hard boiled, and the rice is soft. Poach the Pollock/Cod in the whole milk by decanting a half a glass into a glass/ceramic bowl, placing the fish in the bowl, and microwaving it for 10 minutes at 800watts.

When finished, mix in the smoked salmon, and the hard boiled eggs (obliterate them), and stir in the rice until it's mixed through well. On top, add several small knobs of butter, a large pinch of parsley, and a drizzle of cream. Microwave for another minute. Stir through again. Sprinkle grated cheese on the top, and microwave for a further minute.

There - it's that easy :D

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 8
Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Theresa's Frighteningly Amazing Meatloaf:

1 lb ground beef
1 lb mild ground sausage
3/4 ish cup bread crumbs
3/4 ish cup shredded "italian blend" cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 egg, scrambled
salt
pepper
thyme
oregano
sage
basil

Mix that shit together.

Put that shit in an oiled loaf pan (I used a 1.5 lb pan)

Sauce:
1 Tablespoon Brown Mustard
1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/4 cups Cider Vinegar

Pour that shit over the loaf.

Throw the whole shebang into a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 95 ish minutes.

I made another batch of the sauce for dipping.

-------------------

The original sauce recipe said 1 tablespoon brown SUGAR. However, my brain read "brown" and then duplicated "mustard" from the line below.

However, I would totally drink that shit.

Also: Because sausage is so fatty, I did have to drain the fat at the end.

Enjoy!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Mocha Chocolate Sponge Cake with Coffee Butter Fudge frosting:

For americans, you need SCALES to make this (none of this cups nonsense).

For the sponge:

6oz (170g) Butter
6oz (170g) Sugar
6oz (170g) Flour
1oz (30g) Cocoa Powder
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon espresso coffee
2 heaped teaspoons of baking powder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baking_powder)

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/375 Fahrenheit/190 Celsius

Use a food blender. Mix the butter and sugar together, and add the eggs. sift the baking powder, flour and cocoa powder into the mixer, and keep mixing it for about 2 minutes. Pour the tablespoon of espresso in while it's mixing. This gets a crapload of air into the batter.

Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper, and pour the mix into the tin.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

Now, for the frosting:

Bar of high quality (ie, not hersheys) Chocolate
3.5oz (100g) Butter
Tablespoon of Milky Coffee
Two Heaped Teaspoons of Cocoa Powder
Confectioners Sugar (Icing Sugar)

Take a 2" square of plain chocolate, and melt with 100g (3.5oz) of butter in a bain marie (glass bowl suspended over a saucepan of boiling water). Add a tablespoon of milky coffee to the melted goo, then add two heaped teaspoons of cocoa powder, and enough confectioners sugar to make a smooth, but thick paste. Don't make it TOO stiff though - if you do, the next step won't work. If you have made it too thick by accident, thin it out with a little milk, just a dribble at a time.

Take this mix, and refrigerate it for approximately 45 minutes. At that point, it should be just right to frost your cake! :D

The end result should end up like this:

IMG_1989.jpg

Do i need to add, slice that shit and eat?