"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
So I made Apple Sauce the other day...

4 fairly large apples
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup water

Peel and chop apples (I cut them into pretty small pieces, means less mashing in the end). Combine chopped apples, sugar, water and cinnamon in small saucepan. Cook on medium heat for about 15min until apples are basically falling apart (if they haven't already by that time). Let it cool for 5min, then go thru it with a potato masher. Enjoy.

Gonna try an apple cake recipe later today. See how it goes and tastes.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
As i ran out of my supply of Asda's Coffee Maderia cake, i decided to make my own coffee cake!

What you need:

16oz Butter
13oz Icing Sugar
8oz Caster Sugar
8oz Plain Flour
3/4 Eggs
3tsp Baking Powder
4tsp Instant Coffee

I did this in a food mixer for simplicity.

Take 8oz of butter and the caster sugar, bung in mixer, mix til creamy.

Now, depending on how fluffy you like the sponge, add the eggs. For mine, i used 3 eggs, but i'd recommend using 4.

Mix again until slightly runny.

Grind 2 teaspoons of instant coffee into a fine powder, and add in a sieve with the 3 teaspoons of baking powder and the 8oz of flour. Sift into the mixer, or if its easier, sift into a bowl first.

Mix again until uniform consistency is achieved.

Grease two 8cm cake tins including the side walls, and put a teaspoon of flour in each. Move the tin around, flouring the tin, making sure you flour the sides as well.

Add half the mix to one tin, and the other half of the mix to the other tin.

Put the tins in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes on Gas Mark 5. Lick the mixer bowl clean. Unplug it first.

After you're covered in cake mix, you want to clean the mixer bowl out, and dry it.

Add to the mixer the remaining butter, and the icing sugar. Whip until creamy.

Now, put the remaining instant coffee in a cup, and add 4 tablespoons of boiling water to it to make a very strong coffee mix. Make sure all the coffee granules dissolve. Leave it to cool in the fridge for a few minutes, then add it to the buttercream you just made. Whip for a further minute and then voila, you have coffee buttercream to ice your cake with!

The rest is kind of obvious. It makes this:

coffecake1.jpg

coffecake2.jpg

OM NOM NOM!

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I dont have pictures at the moment but the other day I made Mac & Cheese Pancakes!

They were surprisingly pretty good tasting. not great but I haven't perfected them yet. I just saw a cook make them on an internet video make them and HAD to try it.

I'll try to do it again soon with better noodles and change some things...see if I can get it to be a great food rather than "meh its pretty good"

anyway, great stuff everybody! Lovin the way your food looks Kai...

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
EOS;1142976 said:
Here’s one of my personal recipes that I developed a few years ago. The recipe is for a fresh lemon glaze cake.

I made this on the weekend... veeeery good!!!

Only things I personally am gonna change next time is: less butter for the glaze and powdered sugar instead of white sugar, also for the glaze.
I made lemon muffins once with powdered sugar glaze and I dunno why but it sure brought out the lemon flavour much better!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Some good pork chops and super easy.

-4 chops cut to your liking
-1 can of apple pie filling
-1 box chicken flavored stuffing

Make stuffing as directed
spread apple fillin in bottom of glass baking dish
put chops on apples
spread stuffing on top

bake at 400 for ~20 mins.

Supradude7mgte

Throttle happy teenager..
Oct 14, 2008
Norfolk VA
super easy awesome fudge recipe.
really good, you will prob have to make another one just for yourself. good for gifts

2 bags chocolate chips, whether white choc, dark, or any combo.
can of condensed sweetened milk.
vanilla drops

melt chocolate and milk, try not to burn.
take baking pan or bowl, put empty milk can in the middle, rub vegatable oil around it all.
put in vanilla, then get chocolate mix to a smooth consistancy,
if you want line the bowl with nuts, or cherries, or anything that would go great with the fudge ring.

slowly and evenly poour the fudge around the can in the pan.
then chill, preferably freeze, then sit out.

then cut and serve.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
BAILEYS ROCKY ROAD FUDGE

Ingredients:

50ml Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
200g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
20g unsalted butter
1/3 cup (100g) sweetened condensed milk
50g chopped unsalted pistachio kernels
75g roughly crushed shortbread biscuits
200g mini marshmallows (or regular marshmallows, chopped)
150g white chocolate, roughly chopped

Instructions:

Grease an 8cm x 20cm bar pan. Line with baking paper, leaving some overhanging.

Place Baileys, dark chocolate, butter and milk in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Allow to melt, then stir gently until smooth.

Remove from heat and cool slightly.

Stir in nuts, biscuit, marshmallow and 100g white chocolate. Spread mixture into pan, then chill for 2-3 hours until firm.

Melt remaining 50g white chocolate as before. Drizzle over fudge, leave for 3-4 minutes to set, then cut into squares. The fudge will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.

NOM NOM NOM!!!!!!!

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Uber Awesome Stuffed Shells

Sauce:
2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
2 cans (6 oz) Rotel tomatoes - yes, the kind with green chilies in it
3 large chicken breasts, diced
salt, pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, and rosemary to taste

Shells:
2 containers (15 oz) whole ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons dried chives
1 tablespoon parsley
1/2 cup Italian 5-cheese blend
1 teaspoon (ish) garlic powder

Bake chicken breasts at 350 for about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly after cooking.

In a large sauce pan, combine sauce ingredients, minus chicken. Cook over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes, until evenly heated. Add diced chicken breasts, continue to cook over low heat until shells are done being stuffed.

Combine all ingredients for stuffing of shells. Stuff the shells (previously boiled, obviously) with mixture. Layer on top of pasta sauce in a baking dish (I use a large cake dish, but then I'm feeding 5 people here).

Cover shells and sauce with remaining cheese blend. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and slightly golden.

Enjoy!!

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
^^That sounds awesome!

Hamburger Soup
(definitely feeds 2)

1 lb. Ground beef or pork
1 cup Onion
1 cup Celery
1 can diced tomatoes (2 cups fresh cut tomatoes will do too)
4 cups Beef broth
1 cup Water
1 cup Carrots
2 diced potatoes
Pearl Barley
Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Parsley to taste
Cheese (optional)

In large frying pan brown the ground meat. Add onions and celery, cook until tender. Add the rest of the ingredients... add as much pearl barley as you wish. Simmer until barley is tender. Enjoy with some cheese on top.
I occasionally add peas or corn.

And for dessert: Orange-Lemon-Cake

3/4 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
4 Eggs
1 1/4 cup Flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt

Icing
1 - 2 cups Powdered sugar
Juice and zest from 1 to 2 oranges and 1 lemon

Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one after the other. In another pan mix flour, baking powder and salt. Combine flour mix with butter, sugar, egg mix. Grease and fill into bread form. Bake at 375° F for about one hour.
Mix sugar and fruit juices and zest. While cake is cooling, poke a bunch of holes into it, then pour sugar/ juice mixture over cake. Let soak and cool. Enjoy.

jo7mge

ENIGMA
Jul 19, 2007
Anaheim
bumbs Taco Dog

1 krafts yellow cheese
1 any brand hot dog sausage
1 tortilla

heat warm up tortilla so its soft enough to roll place yellow cheese on top
add sausage wrap in takito flute status and heat in micro wave to melt cheese and presto really quick snack for the kids or for the lazy college student enjoy!

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Valentines dinner! :)

Nothing too special. Fettuccine Alfredo, which I dyed pink for my sweetheart. Add some mushrooms, and salmon fried up in some teriyaki sauce. Simple, and sooooo good.

Random&

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
More chicken pot pie than you know what to do with:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
2 cans condensed cream of potato soup
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
bag of mixed frozen veggies
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 large onion, chopped

4 pie plates
8 pie.... sheets (tops and bottoms)

Combine chicken, soup, garlic, onion, and as much veggies as you want.

Spoon into pies. Follow pie dough directions for assembly.

Bake covered with aluminum foil at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake another 30 minutes.

Proceed to mouth joygasm.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
That looks like you took pasta and added pepto bismol :p

My recipe of the day: Split Pea & Ham Soup.

Ingredients:

5 shallots
4 small new potatos
1 leek
olive oil
3/4 mug of dried split peas
1cm thick slab of cooked ham (i use gammon ham)

Get a large heavy bottomed saucepan (pref stainless steel) and add about a tablespoon of olive oil to it. Place on a low heat.

Finely chop the shallots, i used a food processor for speed purposes. Add the shallots to the pan, and lightly season. Ensure you put a lid on the top of the pan so the steam can't escape.

Top & Tail the leek, and chop it the same way as the shallots. Put into the pan, remembering to put the lid back on.

Add the new potatoes (skin off) as well and leave it to steam for about 10 minutes, just make sure you keep it from burning onto the pan, adding more olive oil if necessary.

After 10 minutes, add the split peas, with a small amount of water, and leave for a further 5 to 10 minutes. Add more seasoning, maybe some parsley if you fancy it.

Add a litre and a half of water, and turn the heat up a bit. Bring it to the boil, and then turn the heat down enough to simmer it for a good 30 minutes. This softens the dried split peas.

After this, take the pan off the heat and use a hand blender to make it nice and smooth. Make sure there are no lumps!

Add the ham at this point, i prefer decent sized cubes of it, but theres no rule to say what size/shape it has to be, just bung it in.

Reheat, and then serve with some hot buttered toast :)