Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
Bacon
Cream Cheese
Parsley
Garlic Salt

Rosemary
Black pepper

Beat the the chicken until it's flat. Lay over bacon strips. Mix cream cheese, parsley, garlic salt and rosemary. Line through middle of chicken breast. Wrap and close with toothpicks. Grind black pepper over chicken. Bake at 400 for about 30 to 35 minutes

holy crap, good stuff

i use cream cheese, parsley and garlic salt to make a garlic dip for pretzels
8oz cream cheese
2tbs milk
garlic and parsley to taste

in large bowl add cream cheese and milk and beat until its soft and smooth
add garlic and parsley
you can cheat, by heating up the cream cheese in the microwave

dip pretzels and enjoy

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
We're still playing with the following recipe thinking about replacing certain chocolates with other chocolates... well anyway, here it is:

Crispy peanut-butter chocolate something

Bottom layer:

1-2 tbsp. butter
1 cup mini-marshmallows
2 cups rice krispies
vanilla extract (optional)

Melt butter on medium heat, add marshmallows, add vanilla. When melted, add rice krispies. Mix it up and put into buttered 9x13 inch baking pan. Put in fridge for about 30 minutes.

Middle layer:

1 tbsp. butter
2-3 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
1 cup peanut-butter

Melt butter in pan/bowl above another pan/bowl with boiling water. Add sugar and chocolate. When melted, add peanut-butter. Mix everything together nicely and pour onto bottom layer in baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly and put into fridge for about an hour.

Top layer:

1 tbsp. corn syrup
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate

Melt and mix everything as described above. Pour over middle layer in baking pan. Put in fridge for about another hour. Enjoy.

Looks kinda like this:
2979417084_7e19b490b7.jpg

If you like it sweeter replace semisweet chocolate with milk chocolate and unsweetened with semi sweet. We are thinking about adding a white chocolate layer next time. We also think a thicker crispy bottom layer would be nice but that's just us.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Top Secret, looks exactly like my caramel slice, except with diff ingredients - I'm also going to add it to my list of things to make. Thanks :D

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Shepherds Pie:

You will need:

Four Large Potatoes
1.1lb / 500g Minced (ground) Beef
One Onion
Two Carrots
Two OXO Cubes or similar - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxo_(food)
2oz / 60g Grated Cheese
Butter
Milk

Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 5 / 375*f / 190*c.

Fry the onion in a little cooking oil until it begins to brown. Turn the heat down low, and add the minced beef. brown it off, and when mostly finished, crumble two OXO cubes in. Stir, then leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes until its all cooked through. Chop up the carrots, and add to the mix, but decant it into a casserole dish. Spread evenly.

Then, take the four potatoes, peel them, but leave them whole. Boil until soft.
Once boiled, drain off the water, and get a potato ricer (garlic press style: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_ricer). Get a bowl, and over it put each one in the potato ricer one by one, until you're left with soft mashed potato. Add some butter, ground black pepper, and a little milk to smooth out further, mixing it through thoroughly.

Spoon the mashed potato over the top of the mince, onion & carrot mix and use a pallette knife to get a perfectly flat top on it. Sprinkle with the grated cheese, and put in the oven for 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and started to brown.

Voila - simple as that. Then you're left with:

IMG_1991.jpg

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Homemade Pizza dough

3.5 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 cup warm water

Follow instructions on your yeast product. We have Fleischmanns active dry yeast, so we mix sugar and water, then add yeast, stir and let sit for about 10 minutes.
Mix flour, salt, baking powder. Add flour mix to water mixture, knead for at least 5 minutes.
Leave dough in a warm place for at least an hour.
Once it has risen, roll out dough or form by hand and top with whatever you like. Put into oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 425°F.

Enjoy.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
TopSecret;1471177 said:
We're still playing with the following recipe thinking about replacing certain chocolates with other chocolates... well anyway, here it is:

Crispy peanut-butter chocolate something

Bottom layer:

1-2 tbsp. butter
1 cup mini-marshmallows
2 cups rice krispies
vanilla extract (optional)

Melt butter on medium heat, add marshmallows, add vanilla. When melted, add rice krispies. Mix it up and put into buttered 9x13 inch baking pan. Put in fridge for about 30 minutes.

Middle layer:

1 tbsp. butter
2-3 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
1 cup peanut-butter

Melt butter in pan/bowl above another pan/bowl with boiling water. Add sugar and chocolate. When melted, add peanut-butter. Mix everything together nicely and pour onto bottom layer in baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly and put into fridge for about an hour.

Top layer:

1 tbsp. corn syrup
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate

Melt and mix everything as described above. Pour over middle layer in baking pan. Put in fridge for about another hour. Enjoy.

Looks kinda like this:
2979417084_7e19b490b7.jpg

If you like it sweeter replace semisweet chocolate with milk chocolate and unsweetened with semi sweet. We are thinking about adding a white chocolate layer next time. We also think a thicker crispy bottom layer would be nice but that's just us.

crispY!!! Mmmmmm!

This snack sounds GREAT! Must have missed it on the first go around... but anything with ME in the title... MUST be tasty!:biglaugh:

...SOOO HUNGRY NOW!:cry:

-crisp

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I wish I could contribute to this thread. I am working on many tasty things (from dry rubs to sauces to complete dishes) but I do not measure anything. So far, my challenge has been to find the right mix of things (in parts, not exact measurements as the size varries) to make a rub sweet THEN hot, not sweet and hot at the same time. I will have to post up some when I get home and look at the cheat sheet. I know it may be strange for someone to hear a male loves to cook, but I absolutely love it.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
foreverpsycotic;1489667 said:
I wish I could contribute to this thread. I am working on many tasty things (from dry rubs to sauces to complete dishes) but I do not measure anything. So far, my challenge has been to find the right mix of things (in parts, not exact measurements as the size varries) to make a rub sweet THEN hot, not sweet and hot at the same time. I will have to post up some when I get home and look at the cheat sheet. I know it may be strange for someone to hear a male loves to cook, but I absolutely love it.

Hmmm... funny thing... I believe I know more MEN that "love to cook" than WOMEN!:icon_bigg

...I believe you are not alone.;)

(crisp, on the other hand... pretty much just likes to EAT the good stuff!:biglaugh:)

-crisp

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Ok, I finally measured something out, so I can make a contribution to this thread.

Sweet, Smokey and Mild Rub (for beef)
Goes from sweet, to mild hotness slowly, all the while maintaining a smokey flavor.

4 tablespoons Light brown sugar
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
2 pinch of orange zest (dry)
1 1/2 tablespoon Red Chipotle
1 1/2 tablespoon ancho chili powder.
1 teaspoon espresso
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper/

Mix well in a bowl. Apply to beef of your choice.

Remember to let the meat come up to room temp before you rub it, here are some approx times for most meats (1" -> 2.5" thick)
boneless -> 30 min
Bone in -> 45 min

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
7 Cheese Meat Mayhem Pizza

1 Ready Made Pizza Base
Roquefort
Cheddar
Red Leicester
Emmental
Mozzarella
Gouda
Double Gloucester
1 piece Frying Steak
2 pieces Thin Turkey Breast
6 Sausages
3 strips/rashers of bacon
1 Jar Red Pesto

Take half a jar of red pesto and spread over the pizza base, using the back of the spoon. Make sure you get a nice even coat. Sprinkle grated red leicester, crumbled roquefort, grated emmental & cubes of mozzarella onto the base.

Fry the steak with some ground chillies and a pinch of salt, until cooked through. Cook the chicken in the same manner, and cut both into strips about 2" long by 1/4" wide. Place on top of the cheesed base.

Fry the sausages and bacon together if possible, but use NO oil. The sausages will likely produce their own fat, and you don't want either of them to be greasy and swimming in fat. As a precaution, drain them off on a piece of kitchen paper. Cut/Shred these and add to the already heaving base. Finally, top with grated cheddar, grated double gloucester, and cut up gouda into fine slices, and cover evenly. Sprinkle some Oregano over the top, or ground chilli's - your preference - and slam it in an oven at 375*F for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is starting to turn golden brown.

The end result should look something like this:

IMG_2128.jpg

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
This is an awesome thread. Definitely planning on trying out a few of these. Also if I can figure out the amounts I use, I'll post up a few creations of my own.

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
necro thread! go!
Discovered this nifty sauce for topping steak
I prefer it over rib eye but im sure you can put it over a nice filet

you need
3 pieces of bacon
1/4 cup of half and half
4 shallots either minced finely, or diced finely
1tbsp butter

Cook and stir the bacon in a small saucepan over medium heat until the bacon pieces are crisp, then crumble the bacon. Stir in the butter and shallots, and cook and stir until the shallots are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the half-and-half, bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve over steak.

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Steak rub found ( got this from a cookbook but it needs to be shared )

2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic granules (powder)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine and mix well
store in air tight container

To use, brush steaks lightly with olive oil on both sides and evenly coat the steak with seasoning, rubbing it into the meat. let sit for 20mins then grill

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Not sure if anybody has posted up a good spaghetti recipe (I'd be surprised if they hadn't), I'll post up mine.

-1 lb noodles (I use Barilla)
-1 lb sauce (Newman's Own makes some good sauce in a jar if you don't have time to make fresh)
-1 lb of the leanest ground beef you can find
-1 whole clove of garlic, crushed/minced
-3 or 4 big spoons of Country Crock spread
-Cayenne pepper, sized to personal preferrence

Pretty simple here, boil the noodles, brown the meat with the peppers cooking in, melt the butter in a pan along with the garlic. Once the noodles are ready, drain but do not rinse. Pour in the butter/garlic mix into the noodles. Add the sauce to the browned meat/pepper mix, and serve as you like. I prefer to just mix it all together and serve all at once, but I know some people prefer to serve noodles and sauce separately.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
te72;1718055 said:
Not sure if anybody has posted up a good spaghetti recipe (I'd be surprised if they hadn't), I'll post up mine.

-1 lb noodles (I use Barilla)
-1 lb sauce (Newman's Own makes some good sauce in a jar if you don't have time to make fresh)
-1 lb of the leanest ground beef you can find
-1 whole clove of garlic, crushed/minced
-3 or 4 big spoons of Country Crock spread
-Cayenne pepper, sized to personal preferrence

Pretty simple here, boil the noodles, brown the meat with the peppers cooking in, melt the butter in a pan along with the garlic. Once the noodles are ready, drain but do not rinse. Pour in the butter/garlic mix into the noodles. Add the sauce to the browned meat/pepper mix, and serve as you like. I prefer to just mix it all together and serve all at once, but I know some people prefer to serve noodles and sauce separately.

Mmmmmm sounds good. Might give this a try. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MA70witBoost;1726894 said:
Mmmmmm sounds good. Might give this a try. :)

Turned out great. Had to get powdered cayenne pepper as I couldn't find fresh ones. Used Newmann's Own "Sockarooni" sauce. Result? Perfectly spiced spaghetti, tasted like authentic Italian, just spicy enough to be good, but not so much as to ruin the dish for those with milder tastes. :D