Radiator nightmare....!!!!

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
Jokervrs;1284861 said:
I think its the same here but idk, i gotta look into it. I just heard you cant add turbos. of course you can do other mods as long as your passing smog.

Well here they don't even have that... They just check if mirrors are intact, seatbelts, muffler noice, lights, horn if windshields are intact... and ur done...

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
SiLeNcE SuPrA;1284863 said:
Well here they don't even have that... They just check if mirrors are intact, seatbelts, muffler noice, lights, horn if windshields are intact... and ur done...

Whisper me your location, im about to move downt the street from you lol

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
Jokervrs;1284871 said:
Woa! how the hell do you get parts shipped all the way out there?

Hollywood my friend.....
I got a address there, everything gets shipped there, from hollywood they ship it here to me. :D

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
SiLeNcE SuPrA;1284884 said:
Hollywood my friend.....
I got a address there, everything gets shipped there, from hollywood they ship it here to me. :D

Nice bro, looks like you got everything planned out. glad to see determination in people.

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
UPDATE UPDATE!!!!

I got the dam Clamp and hose off! I know it sounds rediculous but whatever, it took forever to get that little bastard. Anyways, got the clamp off, replaced the hose along with that pesky pinch clamp with the wormclamps "Thanks IJ!!!" and they went on with no effort at all. And yes, that little tiny 4in hose is what put my car down for 2 days.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Remember that nasty hose that led up to the thermostat housing from page 1? I cleaned that bad boy up as well

Before
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Now that im not spraying water around like its the shamoo show i can proceed to Flush my radiator as i was planning. Ran the engine for about 12 min " not to mention the flush solution with the water was sitting in there for about 2 1/2 days" I undid the bottem hose and let it run into a pan. This is what i found.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thats basically what i found the first time i emptied the radiator. So i ran the water though the radiator to see if it was any better now that it loosened up all that crap and this is what was left

p1286778_1.jpg

Much much much cleaner. i hadnt even rinsed out the oilpan before i dumped the running water from the radiator in there so it came out cleaner than it really is in the oilpan.

So, i got new coolant in there, i had the car running while i poured it in to ensure there was enough in there. I took off to get gas and it starts to overheat again! i pull over, check for any leaks in the engine bay, nothing... coolant on the ground underneth? nothing! wait till it was safe to open radiator and only to find i couldnt even see any coolant. Im guessing it sucked it up and a bunch is in the piping, Not to mention i only used about 1.2 gallons in there when it was full but i dumped another half galon in there untill it was full. So i drove it up home, i think it would have went a little over halfway if it was going to overheat but it didnt. I didnt have the time to drive it around at the moment because i had to pick up my friend in another car but ill know if thats what it was for sure by tormorrow! But im pretty confident its not going to overheat now : D

Last edited:

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I know I'm late but craftsman makes
AAAAAlVesqIAAAAAAKUyBg.jpg

oh and ohio has no smog any more we fought the local gov. to stop it, you caliy's should try and stand up to the stupid laws your state is enforcing. do you really have hight lowering laws?

oh and sweet costco battery, I got one from sams club.

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
staticpage;1286793 said:
I know I'm late but craftsman makes
AAAAAlVesqIAAAAAAKUyBg.jpg

oh and ohio has no smog any more we fought the local gov. to stop it, you caliy's should try and stand up to the stupid laws your state is enforcing. do you really have hight lowering laws?

oh and sweet costco battery, I got one from sams club.

Late, better than never, lol its nice to know for future reference though "Man that woulda came in handy!!!". and what do you mean by hight lowering laws?

Also.... Costco batteries kick ass, 3 years free replacement, cant beat it... Especially since i dont manage to slam the doors hard enough to completely shut it : )

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Very welcome Joker!

You can use the flex driver to undo the clamp and then holding a little sideways pressure on it then use it to wiggle the clamp into the middle of the hose make it easier to remove :) (for any future work)

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I prefer the Mayhew Rigiflex over cheaper cable tools. More money but worth every penny when needed:

http://tinyurl.com/ccq8lf

I also have to agree with suprarx7nut. Worm drive clamps need to be tightened correctly (something the average person doesn't know how to do) and even then they *will* leak over time. Constant tension band clamps are superior and contrary to popular belief don't lose their effectiveness. As he said though...to each his own ;)

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
jetjock;1286912 said:
I prefer the Mayhew Rigiflex over cheaper cable tools. More money but worth every penny when needed:

I also have to agree with suprarx7nut. Worm drive clamps need to be tightened correctly (something the average person doesn't know how to do) and even then they *will* leak over time. Constant tension band clamps are superior and contrary to popular belief don't lose their effectiveness. As he said though...to each his own ;)

I believe the pinch clamps work better but this particular clamp is in an extremely hard to reach area and nearly impossible to remove with the little workspace provided.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
It appears the previous owner used straight water in the radiator.

Next time you need to remove that hose, it is much easier if you remove the water neck first. Even then, it can still be a manageable pain in the arse. Mine have worm clamps on them. You can access the one near the head from the front of the motor, by going just over the water pump. My head on the worm clamps face this direction for that reason.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jetjock;1286912 said:

I did say the CT clamps were superior but in this case I predict there will be further work required so figured the Worm clamp and Flex tool will save him a bunch of pain and frustration.. ;)

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
IJ.;1287185 said:
I did say the CT clamps were superior but in this case I predict there will be further work required so figured the Worm clamp and Flex tool will save him a bunch of pain and frustration.. ;)

Sooo much easier with the worm clamp! Ill leave the rest as the ct clamps. but for those hard to reach places the worm clamp is definatly the way to go.