PVC IC piping

kamil

87T Targa
Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Sure you're entitled to it but can you back it up? The only "ghetto" thing about this mod is that it doesn't look as pretty as steel/aluminum piping. Its function is on par or in some cases, better. I could call steel piping ghetto too if the welds are all splayed out and the pipes are all dirty. Its all about presentation in this case and PVC can be made to look damn good so theres really no reason to call it names... cheap does not equal ghetto.

John Lunsford

Don't Bother Me
Mar 30, 2005
Asheville, NC
www.JBLMk3.com
Idealsupra said:
while i see what youre saying.... and thats fine... and believe me i have the utmost respect for you because i know you know your shit...

BUT we are all different....so ill continue to stand by my words...and think this is a ghettomod and i would never do it with my car....but thats just MY opinion and i think im entitled to it.

Hey do what you want, everyone is entitled to their opinion but remember, it is just your opinion. I've never once had anyone point out that my intercooler pipes were PVC or even mention them. I know you're not trying to give me a hard time or anything and if you don't like the PVC that's fine I just think you're being a little too criticle about them. If they were just glued with big couplings and the glue was slopped all over them and you didn't paint them then I would agree. Do these really look all that bad?

Attachments

• ic2.jpg
    ic2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 59
  • ic 1.jpg
    ic 1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 75
J

JerzeySlowpra

i personally like the idea, how do u guys get the bov into the system though?

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
I've got a set of HKS aluminum IC pipes sitting in my office at home that I have not put on because the PVC works soooooo well and like John said they run cooler than metal and we all know or should know that a cooler intake charge resists detonation, sometimes cheapest is best

ToySup88

Apr 8, 2005
Twin Cities
Get on with life people! Who gives a shit what Ideal thinks. If you can't afford hardpipes, the PVC is better than stock. Do it, your car will be faster for $20. What can be more simple and appealing than that concept?

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
ToySup88 said:
Get on with life people! Who gives a shit what Ideal thinks. If you can't afford hardpipes, the PVC is better than stock. Do it, your car will be faster for $20. What can be more simple and appealing than that concept?

Agreed, there is video from the last time I dyno'ed from a guys car with stock stuff. I did not see it, but was told the rubber parts expanded like a balloon. That cannot be good.

But then again, Ideal is a mod (god knows how) so he must know best (not).

I paid good money for my hardpipes since I don’t have the skill to fabricate my own. If I did it would be PVC in a minute.

Someone here has the video so please post it.

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
You are definitely allowed to disagree with moderators. It's just how you go about doing it that makes a difference.

(Who is actually right makes a big difference, too.;))

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Why all the hate? Ideal is intitled to his opinion as is everyone else. If you don't like it, you can't do anything to change it because it his opinion.

Drop the hate, please. This is like a thread you'd find on SF.

Put-it-in-your-Mouth

cholo supreme
Apr 4, 2005
@ the Bodega chilling wit Carlito
JD7Monster said:
I cant tell if your being sarcastic or not, so could you explain how it gives MK3 owners a bad name?
It seems like a pretty good upgrade for less than 30$.. for those of us who cant afford 200-300$ for custom metal pipes..

Makes the SUPRA comunity look cheap, ignorant and ricey. You have to PAY to PLAY. Wether it works or not. :nono:

I<3Supras

Drft What do u mean drft?
Mar 31, 2005
Southern, Ca
Maybe so but once they race one and lose then they are the ignorant ones..... plus who cares what other people think about our cars shit i don't care I Love my Supra.

John Lunsford

Don't Bother Me
Mar 30, 2005
Asheville, NC
www.JBLMk3.com
rakkasan said:
Why all the hate? Ideal is intitled to his opinion as is everyone else. If you don't like it, you can't do anything to change it because it his opinion.

Drop the hate, please. This is like a thread you'd find on SF.

I don't see any hate here. Do you not see the smiley faces and "lol"s? He's defending his opinion and I'm defending my idea against his opinion and it's in a friendly way as far as I can see.

Put-it-in-your-Mouth said:
Makes the SUPRA comunity look cheap, ignorant and ricey. You have to PAY to PLAY. Wether it works or not.

That depends entirely on how smart you are. I'd be willing to be that your car runs 15's because it's not "cheap, ignorant and ricey".
The thread is heading in the wrong direction with this type offensive post so you need to ease off.

JD7Monster, if you need any more help on the PVC intercooler pipes, email me directly at JBLMk3@direcway.com.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
John Lunsford said:
I don't see any hate here. Do you not see the smiley faces and "lol"s? He's defending his opinion and I'm defending my idea against his opinion and it's in a friendly way as far as I can see.

I didn't mean to implicate you, John. I hope I didn't come across that way. BTW, my family lives in Brevard & I might be heading that way soon. Where exactly do you live in Ashville?

John Lunsford

Don't Bother Me
Mar 30, 2005
Asheville, NC
www.JBLMk3.com
No problem! I actually live just north of Asheville in Weaverville. Brevard is about 35-45 minutes away. It's not but about 25 minutes or so from Asheville, though. You'll have to come out to the local street gathering there. Be sure to let me know when you're going to be up!

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
If you're worried about what other people think of your car then maybe you should get something with more recognition such as a honda or 240sx.
What matters is that these pipes work, besides they're under the hood, nobodys going to see them unless you show them.

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
I didnt want this to turn into some huge debate/arguement..
i just wanted tips on doing this from people who have/might try..
Oh well..
Thanks for the help John.. I might be emailing you today.. i'll be pulling the stupid lil peice that goes through the fender out today, that way i'll HAVE to finish it in order to drive my car.. lol

JD7Monster

Jul 6, 2005
Orlando, FL
Yeah, I test fitted all the piping today.. and i'm cementing it together.. waiting for it to cure now..
I tried yanking it the other day and i was having a hell of a time..
I'm not afraid to wreck it now.. since the piping is basically all ready to put on, and the car will be sitting til tomorrow night anwyay lol