Pro EFI StandAlone ECU

suprarick

May 3, 2007
Texas
Would just getting a proefi 48 (map setup) be better that buying a fuel controller, boost controller, lexus afm, and all that other stuff just to get a 7mgte to boost 18psi without fuel cut and other issues?

Also, is the proefi 48 a plug and play standalone? Meaning, is it easy to install?

Can I use the proefi 48 for the 2jz later on if I keep the 7m electronics?

I'm thinking of just saving the extra money and getting one of these that I can tune myself. I'm not sure if the proefi 48 has its own boost controller or not. Anyone have an opinion?

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
You can't use the 7m ignition setup if that's what you mean by electronics. I just wired up a 48 on my 7m a few months ago its really simple.

As for the boost control you have to buy a solenoid($100) and then you can control boost via the 48. It's an amazing system so far very well worth it IMO.

suprarick

May 3, 2007
Texas
I'm assuming its easy to swap over the ignition?

Also, with the proefi 48 is it plug and play and easy to install? Is it easy to tune by yourself or did you feel you had to get an already experienced user to start the car up and tune it?

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
Yes very simple all you need is to run a trigger to your new coil setup. I went with a 1zz coil setup, 1 coil per plug. You should read up on them they're very good coils thus far.

As far as tuning it wasn't very hard to get a base map up and running, Proefi and whoever you purchase it from will provide all the support you need. Of course getting it tuned by an authorized dealer will yield best and safest results.

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
Have you guys got the tach working on the stock cluster? Just got the car back from being tuned and need to get the tach working. Any input is appreciated thanks.

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
I have it to that pin, just couldn't figure out the settings. I'll have to double check the wire, i'm beginning to dohbt my work maybe it's not even the tach cluster wire.

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
I have that a shot and still nothing. It is the black wire on the 11 pin grey plug correct? I tried double checking the tsrm but couldn't find anything. Ill have to trace it back from the dash tomorrow I suppose.

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
You could run the DH61 igniter from my writeup since it is a simple 3 channel smart igniter, and has an output that is compatible with the mk3 tach.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Why when the proefi can do it. Mine works and so does 6+ mkiii supras on proefi. Sounds like a bad gauge/cluster or wrong wire

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
Funkycheeze;1899107 said:
You could run the DH61 igniter from my writeup since it is a simple 3 channel smart igniter, and has an output that is compatible with the mk3 tach.
I wouldn't want for get rid of my 1zz coil setup though. And adding a component when the Proefi is capable is a little pointless tbh.

I'm almost certain it's the wrong wire ill have to check tomorrow though as its pouring atm. The input is greatly appreciated though thanks.

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
Ok so I got my tach working no problem turned out that pin was loose on the connector.

Now I'm helping out a buddy get his tach working, similar setup except he's running a 48. Does the 48 not work?? Albert do any of the guys running the Proefi on a mk3 have a 48?

jotech

Dec 15, 2011
Curacao
Nope you can't you need to use 6 individual coils,i use 6 2jz TT coils whit the original igniter from a MK4.
For me the best ecu in the world pro-efi

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Plus I know someone who killed their engine on lq9s on proefi running the lq9 dwell specs!

Don't run 4.0ms+

I'm running 2.0ms on my 1zzs