Post your Pre-89 bumper thread

JB91389

decisions...decisions...
Jun 22, 2006
Ottawa
umm 3 for now...rims, tires, and an energy drink company that provides our team with drinks when we go to shows

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Anybody got any new pics?Come on guys I know there out there.Anybody got good pictures of pre 89 kaminari front bumpers?Please post even if it's not your car

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Here's mine in it's current condition. lol
p1243265_1.jpg

Pic in sig is how it looked last time it was together.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
supra_holic2002;1243346 said:
My stock bumper with fog mod. no key :naughty:

Bumper and car look great dude, but I almost want to GIVE you my coilovers to bring that ride height down a little from 4x4 status... almost. ;)

A70BoosTFienD

A.K.A. Knight Rider
Oct 28, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
got_boosted;1243431 said:
Bumper and car look great dude, but I almost want to GIVE you my coilovers to bring that ride height down a little from 4x4 status... almost. ;)

i was actually looking at lowering springs.... but the real ? is eibach or H&R

this is considering the fact that coilover setups are just too damn expensive :3d_frown:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
supra_holic2002;1243602 said:
i was actually looking at lowering springs.... but the real ? is eibach or H&R

this is considering the fact that coilover setups are just too damn expensive :3d_frown:

Not that much more expensive when you really think about it.

400 for shocks (100 ec) roughly
200 for springs
shipping 50

Coil overs 900 to infinity

Your not that far off. Just save a little bit longer and get a coilover system instead of rushing to get a spring & shock setup that will be OK but not as good as a coilover system. :)

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
BorHor;1243450 said:
I hear someone maybe be getting a pre-89 again o0.

nice.Is it going to be gay blue again??

OneJArpus;1244018 said:
Not that much more expensive when you really think about it.

400 for shocks (100 ec) roughly
200 for springs
shipping 50

Coil overs 900 to infinity

Your not that far off. Just save a little bit longer and get a coilover system instead of rushing to get a spring & shock setup that will be OK but not as good as a coilover system. :)

it also depends on what kind of driving he dose with the car.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
MK3.0dudeman;1244834 said:
nice.Is it going to be gay blue again??

it also depends on what kind of driving he dose with the car.

Depends on two factors

What do you want to do with the car?
How much money can you save?

I still think it would be a better investment in the long run to get coilovers no matter what type of driving if you want to give the car more handling. There are some coilovers that have similar spring rates as aftermarket springs to give it a good feel with out being harsh or too stiff but full adjustability.

If you like to take corners with speed and handle even if its for the street coilovers. Course or autox coilovers.

Only other driving style i'd say to get just springs and shocks would be if you just want to lower the car to make it look better and handle a bit better then stock.

Just my opinion.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Coilovers FTW or some sort of adjustable system with good valving. Next time around I think I am going to make my own custom set up.

Anyways I went to look at a Pre89 the other day. Besides the bumpers being faded and a slight dent in the rear quarter panel the car was freaking clean and running good. It was a pretty good price too. But I decided against it since I don't want to rear quarter panel work. If it wasn't for that I would have a midnight blue Mk3. Oh well maybe next time.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
borhor:it was midnight blue:aigo:What are you crazy:aigo:I would love one of tho's.You just didn't want it cause it wasent homo blue:biglaugh:Well at least your in the market for a supra again.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
So I think that this thread and all of supramania needs more custom one off pre 89 bumpers.I'm changing some things on mine but nothing crazy but I think that I might buy a few bumper skins and have a little fun with them.Any buddy got any new pics?