Atlas

You call this a sandwich?
Aug 22, 2012
Clovis CA
87' Factory grey

Not the best pics

14231627301_012a12da5b_z.jpg

13922273187_a509ee4308_c.jpg

Tried on another Nardi, this time a 350mm instead of the 365mm I had on.
16801332206_4b0aba9220_z.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Trainwreck, I'm digging the cleanliness of it all. Between the 10k tach, seats/harnesses, and the fuel cell I have to think something must be special about this car.

Speaking of fuel cells, may have to go that route myself, but I'm pretty unwilling to modify the rear floor areas. Wanting to keep it as it came from the factory, so I can retain spare tire storage on the inside. Still, your install looks really nice man. :)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
GC89;2067170 said:
Rodel, did you find a pristine set of original seats or are those recovered? Interior looks immaculate.

It is original shadow grey. I did have the driver seat reconditioned, it's still the original leather.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Thats what I suspected, I have yet to see anyone put out new skins that look as good as factory leather.

Bummer because I would be willing to pay what it would be worth if I could ever find an interior like yours, but the chances of finding that is getting slimmer and slimmer.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GC89;2067261 said:
Bummer because I would be willing to pay what it would be worth if I could ever find an interior like yours, but the chances of finding that is getting slimmer and slimmer.

Look at the numbers there bud. Total production worldwide for the Mk3 in 91/92 wasn't super high to begin with. I'd have to get out my book or dig a bit, but if memory serves, you're looking at around 3000 or so? Figure how many of them had leather? Now figure how many of them had the shadow grey. You're right about the odds of that just falling in your lap being slim.

My advice? Set aside a decent chunk of money for the day you DO find it. ;)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
te72;2067294 said:
Look at the numbers there bud. Total production worldwide for the Mk3 in 91/92 wasn't super high to begin with. I'd have to get out my book or dig a bit, but if memory serves, you're looking at around 3000 or so? Figure how many of them had leather? Now figure how many of them had the shadow grey. You're right about the odds of that just falling in your lap being slim.

My advice? Set aside a decent chunk of money for the day you DO find it. ;)

Seems to me a full set of shadow grey, not including seats is around $1000 in average condition. More if it's pristine. And again, that doesn't include the seats so throw in another grand for getting those recovered.

trainwreck

Apr 4, 2005
doylestown, pa
te72;2067204 said:
Trainwreck, I'm digging the cleanliness of it all. Between the 10k tach, seats/harnesses, and the fuel cell I have to think something must be special about this car.

Speaking of fuel cells, may have to go that route myself, but I'm pretty unwilling to modify the rear floor areas. Wanting to keep it as it came from the factory, so I can retain spare tire storage on the inside. Still, your install looks really nice man. :)

If thats your goal, and you need a cell for an external fuel pump, i suggest adding a sump to the tank

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
suprarx7nut;2067363 said:
Seems to me a full set of shadow grey, not including seats is around $1000 in average condition. More if it's pristine. And again, that doesn't include the seats so throw in another grand for getting those recovered.

Yep, that's seems to be the going rate and about what I expect to pay DOC if I do find one eventually. Wish someone was at least making a quality set of leather seat skins for the mkiii, all the ones I have seen just don't come out like factory.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprarx7nut;2067363 said:
Seems about right, from what I remember when I was on here a lot more frequently. Personally if I ever grow tired of the stock seats (mine are cloth, and I could use all the support and grip I can get, so they'll stay that way), I'll end up putting in a set of Brides.

But the black door panels and dash always look nice. :)

trainwreck;2067367 said:
If thats your goal, and you need a cell for an external fuel pump, i suggest adding a sump to the tank
Car is a street car, being set up to be track capable (think Z06, Viper ACR, that sort of thing), so the fuel and oiling systems have been planned out with that in mind. If I am able to get a fuel cell setup that I like for my setup, it will most definitely have a sump. Nobody likes to starve a hungry engine, after all. Appreciate the suggestion though, thanks!

GC89;2067376 said:
Yep, that's seems to be the going rate and about what I expect to pay DOC if I do find one eventually. Wish someone was at least making a quality set of leather seat skins for the mkiii, all the ones I have seen just don't come out like factory.
Have you sat in any recovered seats? I have seen some nice ones over the years, but I can't say I've sat in them. If nothing else, if you can find a high end upholstery shop... they could likely do a seat even better than they were from the factory.

You make a good point though, they are really nice seats to begin with. Figure though, this was Toyota's top dog back in the day, so it's no surprise that the quality was there. :)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
GC89;2067376 said:
I think leather reupholstering has a lot to do with the fitting process and using new padding. The leather seats. Com stiff can turn out awesome, but you need to pull it tight, use adhesive and new padding. Lots of people just take the leather and throw it on, making it look less than stellar.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk