post pics of your interior

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
te72;2067443 said:
Seems about right, from what I remember when I was on here a lot more frequently. Personally if I ever grow tired of the stock seats (mine are cloth, and I could use all the support and grip I can get, so they'll stay that way), I'll end up putting in a set of Brides.

But the black door panels and dash always look nice. :)

Car is a street car, being set up to be track capable (think Z06, Viper ACR, that sort of thing), so the fuel and oiling systems have been planned out with that in mind. If I am able to get a fuel cell setup that I like for my setup, it will most definitely have a sump. Nobody likes to starve a hungry engine, after all. Appreciate the suggestion though, thanks!

Have you sat in any recovered seats? I have seen some nice ones over the years, but I can't say I've sat in them. If nothing else, if you can find a high end upholstery shop... they could likely do a seat even better than they were from the factory.

You make a good point though, they are really nice seats to begin with. Figure though, this was Toyota's top dog back in the day, so it's no surprise that the quality was there. :)

suprarx7nut;2067446 said:
I think leather reupholstering has a lot to do with the fitting process and using new padding. The leather seats. Com stiff can turn out awesome, but you need to pull it tight, use adhesive and new padding. Lots of people just take the leather and throw it on, making it look less than stellar.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have sat in a few and wasn't that impressed. I remember seeing some really nice covers in a few builds back in the day, (HKS_TRD's maybe?) that were real leather but the ones I have sat in and all the ones I have seen lately have been synthetic.

Your right getting quotes from local upholsters is likely my best bet. I would like to find a shadow grey set first though so I at least know I am actually going that direction. Always something to do on the car.......

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
GC89;2067745 said:
Your right getting quotes from local upholsters is likely my best bet. I would like to find a shadow grey set first though so I at least know I am actually going that direction. Always something to do on the car.......
Heh, don't I know it bud... I've always been of the mindset that a Supra is really never "finished" but rather as far as it will go with a particular owner. Not many folks have the patience to see their vision of their ideal Supra through to the end.

Even with my build, I'm starting to question the value proposition of the car, but I think that will subside once the clutch is broken in and I get to play with the new engine. ;)

3p141592654;2067755 said:
Yeah, black with tan is common on European cars, but rare for Japanese.
Tan is a fairly common color on Miata interiors, and some older Japanese cars, such as the A4x era Celicas and Supras. However, I think it might have skipped the 80's in favor of burgundy.

f63c65e6691c8f77cbed97997c3abf15.jpg
95cddecb639485d108872e4f99ce59c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk