38584230014_large.jpg

38584230015_large.jpg

38584230017_large.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Koenigturbo;1661656 said:
Rodel, everyone has there own taste..............

LOL. In this case, taste is not the issue.

On the other hand, the location of the owner is Kuwait. Perhaps the car took the toll of battle.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
dashti;1661186 said:

Damn! Looks like Freddie Krueger had an acid trip in there. ;)

Reminds me of how my interior looked before I swapped it all out. At least your seats and door panels are shadow gray. Did you swap them in? Because they don't match the year of your steering wheel, nor the climate control.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
rodel;1661669 said:
LOL. In this case, taste is not the issue.

On the other hand, the location of the owner is Kuwait. Perhaps the car took the toll of battle.

for got,.. It is a tank of a car. He probaly just hopped this tank and mistaked it for his other tank.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
MarkIII4Me;1661058 said:
If you think the interior and doors had a lot of work put in, that's nothing compared to the engine bay. The interior was cake compared to what I had to create in there. The firewall and entire undercarriage of the vehicle is coated in 2mm of sound deadener as well.

Did you use B-Quiet for the engine bay as well? I'm torn on the idea of isolating engine noise... I kinda like hearing it, but I guess for my car it's gonna end up being a nice weather car anyway, could always roll the windows down if I want to hear things. :)

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
te72, what have you done so far wrt sound deadening? I'm VERY happy with just doing a couple of layers inside. I can still hear the engine & exhaust, but now its more tame. IMO, very much what a Supra should be like

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
te72;1662010 said:
Did you use B-Quiet for the engine bay as well? I'm torn on the idea of isolating engine noise... I kinda like hearing it, but I guess for my car it's gonna end up being a nice weather car anyway, could always roll the windows down if I want to hear things. :)

Used Second Skin on the firewall, just like the rest of the car. In retrospect, I should have used their liquid ceramic deadener on it, however, my ddp is ceramic coated so it shouldn't be an issue. Even with the deadener sandwiched throughout the vehicle, from the interior it should still have a nice "grumble" at idle and "roar" at WOT. The deadener will keep it under control though and allow me to enjoy my sound system.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
rakkasan;1662022 said:
te72, what have you done so far wrt sound deadening? I'm VERY happy with just doing a couple of layers inside. I can still hear the engine & exhaust, but now its more tame. IMO, very much what a Supra should be like
I lined the inside of the doors (skins and the frame below the interior panels) with Dynamat Xtreme, and the rear hatch, wheel wells, strut towers, and parts of the back seat area with Stinger Roadkill (bit denser than Dynamat). Does alright, but nowhere NEAR as quiet as my old 88 was. Difference between the cars, 88 was hardtop, 89 is targa. Does that make a difference, as far as interior noise levels?

dashti;1662446 said:
:(
i love my supra
As well as you should man. Don't take it too personally, we all poke a little fun here and there. You should have seen what I started with...

MarkIII4Me;1662410 said:
Used Second Skin on the firewall, just like the rest of the car. In retrospect, I should have used their liquid ceramic deadener on it, however, my ddp is ceramic coated so it shouldn't be an issue. Even with the deadener sandwiched throughout the vehicle, from the interior it should still have a nice "grumble" at idle and "roar" at WOT. The deadener will keep it under control though and allow me to enjoy my sound system.
Good to know man, I've subscribed to a couple of your build threads, I'll read through them once we get the motor out of my soon to be shell and decide where to go with it from there. :)

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
te72;1662496 said:
I lined the inside of the doors (skins and the frame below the interior panels) with Dynamat Xtreme, and the rear hatch, wheel wells, strut towers, and parts of the back seat area with Stinger Roadkill (bit denser than Dynamat). Does alright, but nowhere NEAR as quiet as my old 88 was. Difference between the cars, 88 was hardtop, 89 is targa. Does that make a difference, as far as interior noise levels?

Not sure about the differences between hardtops & targas (I think that's what you're asking), but I'm convinced that hitting the flat pans of the car, IE the hatch & floorpans, more than the rest is the way to go. Maybe the transmission tunnel too.

I wish I would have done a before and after decible level check, the results stunned me