Orion's Projekt: Alexis

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Theres 3 pick ups in the cps. Can use them. But i think a trigger wheel on the crank and using on of the cam pick ups with new wires would be better.

Buddy has a 7mgte running on 2jzgte ecu.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I really like MegaSquirt. Much of the Miata world loves running it, including a few local cars, but since Haltech makes a nice plug'n'play ECU for the S2000 for a very reasonable price and I have an F20C that will be swapped in the Miata, I figure I might as well have the same ECU/manufacturer for both since I will be more familiar with each. A good friend of mine's 1JZ is Haltech controlled as well, so I can bother him for Haltech specific questions if need be.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
It's nice and quiet here, and though I'm still quite young, I still very much appreciate it.

As for Haltech vs. MegaSquirt, they do much of the same thing, but Haltech does more, as far as I know. Is it worth the price difference? That depends, but I'm willing to spend a bit more in this case. It's one of the most important parts of a build.

I have all sorts of extra stuff that I want to do with my build, which is why I'm opting for the PS2000 instead. Not quite IJ. deep, but pretty close. I'm going to be trying out all sorts of stuff as well to see what works

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Terrific, thanks for the info IJ. that definitely helps. I looked through some old pics and I'm guessing you never went sequential. Didnt see a trigger wheel off the crank, though it mightve been a different time.

Also, was that an ebay exhaust manifold? Haha

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Orion ZyGarian;1902804 said:
Oh, and a slight delay in getting the Supra back on the road, since I picked this up for my Miata -_-

p1911375_1.jpg

well, isn't that just CUTE!?!?! lol, sry I found it hilarious how dinky that turbo kit looks... I have no doubt it will do the trick, I'm just easily amused, and sleep deprived ATM :rofl:

definitely will be keeping tabs on your build though.... quite intriguing :naughty:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Orion ZyGarian;1911374 said:
Terrific, thanks for the info IJ. that definitely helps. I looked through some old pics and I'm guessing you never went sequential. Didnt see a trigger wheel off the crank, though it mightve been a different time.

Also, was that an ebay exhaust manifold? Haha
Full sequential Inj/Ign, it was an SSAC 321 header.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
89jdm7m;1911375 said:
well, isn't that just CUTE!?!?! lol, sry I found it hilarious how dinky that turbo kit looks... I have no doubt it will do the trick, I'm just easily amused, and sleep deprived ATM :rofl:

definitely will be keeping tabs on your build though.... quite intriguing :naughty:
It's absolutely cute! I dont think it could make as much power as a stock 7M on that setup. I need to sell off the MAF, manifold, downpipe, and turbo since I cant use those anymore. Dont know that I'll use the FPR either, doesnt make sense to.

Anyways, I've always just wanted to get the car running, but at this point I think it's going to be pretty far away and a huge "kind of a big deal" build..
IJ.;1911376 said:
Full sequential Inj/Ign, it was an SSAC 321 header.

Oh cool! I didnt save as much as I shouldve when it was up since I didnt think it was going anywhere. Do you have a zip file of it all hiding away by chance? I'd very much appreciate it, having fun trying to piece it together. I do have that big long mod list.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I dont need anything in particular, it would mostly be used for reference really. I always admired how well thought out your build was, and you clearly have experience and know what you're doing, as shown by your build. I'm figuring out the best parts that I will need to put together the best build, but also will have the fun part of assembling, learning, and eventually figuring out how to tune for myself, though that wont be until after it gets professionally tuned.

The rest is mostly just stuff I have to do/figure out for myself. Dropping and cleaning the gas tank, wiring up a new Haltech flying lead harness with all the little stuff hooked up as well (wideband, oil pressure, oil sump's solenoid, quick spool valve, and so very much more), not to mention convert lots of stuff to AN fittings. I have access to a welder (though I should get my own) and would like to do everything I can myself, even if it doesnt look pretty. The important thing is doing everything right the first time.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Well a friend of mine found an E85 pump locally, which must be newly installed, as this is the first I've heard of it in my area. As such, I was previously not completely certain with which injectors I was going with, but now the plan is 1000cc's. Also, an ethanol sensor of course

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
551346_10151247190861058_127148608_n.jpg

Cool guy by the name of Jonah went for a 4.8 Chevy V8 swap, so I bought some of his leftover 7M stuff. Fidanza cam gears just because, mid timing cover because the previous owner took it off completely, billet CPS cover because yet again, it was never installed as long as I've had the car. I purchased a charcoal canister from someone on the forums, so that should be nice to reinstall. Plan on hiding it somewhere, perhaps around the gas tank since space will be tight with the new manifold, QSV, accusump, catch can, etc.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Holy crap! The overnight parts from Japan thing was supposed to be a joke, but sure enough, I had a big package arrive today!

Tw6tRTM.jpg

2chGpdW.jpg

pqbdpNH.jpg

Pt4yvHc.jpg

zkXVS0M.jpg

MpiyOzA.jpg

Ixktktt.jpg

tumRzyw.jpg

2qEoiTt.jpg

Nobody that was guessing correctly guessed the contents. The correct answer was "RB26 intake assembly." This will make things MUCH easier by the looks of it! No need to track down a TPS, make a runner equalizer manifold, figure out how to mount the throttle brackets, etc., as now I'll need is some short adapter runners.

As a bonus, the throttle plates were coated by Tomei! Sweet! This is a big step forward to getting my car back on the road.

Last edited: