:: OFFICIAL INDY2K10 THREAD - May 7-9, 2010 :: WITH DYNO POLL ::

Do you plan to Dyno at INDY2K10?

• Total voters

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Rich, you're nothing less than motivational!!! Glad to hear you're making great progress and hope to see you here in just a matter of weeks! :D

Guys, I've made a short INDY2K10 PROMO video to help get the word around about THIS meet.
When it's opportunistic, spread this video like the plague, please!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yfMvOVmcY8

Jeff

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
lol, that was sweet jeff, like the supras all coming from behind yours.

i might have a potential HUGE problem guys.. getting off the freeway yesterday in my poopra, it started steaming a small amount. pulled up infront of my shop..and sure enough..small amount of steam..got home and confirmed, radiator is low.

now it isnt runng badly, idle's perfect..buuuut....im gonna do some checking on it and see if i should risk the 2k mile trip. i had a problem with the head stud being loose last summer, but i thought i caught it b4 any damage was done to the mls hg. im so unbelievably PISSED and bummed at the same time... i will keep you posted the next few days guys..

jeff, ill text you whats up.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
BOOSTEDSUPRA;1545402 said:
lol, that was sweet jeff, like the supras all coming from behind yours.

now it isnt runng badly, idle's perfect..buuuut....im gonna do some checking on it and see if i should risk the 2k mile trip. i had a problem with the head stud being loose last summer, but i thought i caught it b4 any damage was done to the mls hg. im so unbelievably PISSED and bummed at the same time... i will keep you posted the next few days guys..

jeff, ill text you whats up.

Ahh! Well, definitely let me know what you figure out. It doesn't sound like anything extreme yet, but the thought of it is horrendous
just because of the infamous "overheating = bhg" mentality........... I think you'll be fine. :)

ben42391;1545585 said:
thanks for including my car again dick jk nice vid

Do something epic and maybe you'll make it...... ;) Actually, videos I have of your car weren't really fitted for quick clips like this.

StiCk3;1545806 said:
glad to see i was useful for once...XD

sick vid...spreading the word as we speak!!

Thank you, Stretch. And yes, you were of good use this time. :D

Jeff

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
i think Ben has already done the epic....i'll let him explain.

In the mean time, im going to crack down and get the car running this weekend.

toytech

Toyota certifed
Feb 10, 2009
Frankton,Indiana
Addison-More work less type! You have 1 month to finish and work out any problems. I talked to Matt. Dissecting 2 r154 gear sets on Monday.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
toytech;1546453 said:
Addison-More work less type! You have 1 month to finish and work out any problems. I talked to Matt. Dissecting 2 r154 gear sets on Monday.

Chris, right? You have no idea how stoked Matt is to finally make some progress with his car. ;) Glad to see you pop in here - Hope you plan on attending as well this year? :)

Jeff

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
Boost Lee;1546962 said:
Chris, right? You have no idea how stoked Matt is to finally make some progress with his car. ;) Glad to see you pop in here - Hope you plan on attending as well this year? :)

Jeff
Of course he is, he worked to get the weekend off for both of us. Chad though might have issues

And now that he works right next to me (literally) he can piss me of online AND at work everyday about getting my car done....what a considerate asshole you are chris!!;)

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
I now have both days off and wont have to be back to work until that following Friday. Been trying to get details completed, car should be in pretty good shape, got some touch up paint, and windshield replaced, also finally a new radio and speakers that work. Now the 3 hour drive wont be so boring. :) Can't wait to see everyone again. Mmmm picnic food, looking forward to it. lol.

Scooter...................

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Anybody want to enter in the Winged Warrior event ? I am entered, but decided not to. Since my garrett isnt going to be done before the event.

$80 entry fee.

Car MIGHT be running this weekend. Waiting on a few parts to show up.

All wiring in (what a pain), all brake lines in, Clutch,brake pedals in. Throwing dash in the morning before the guy comes out to set the windshield and quarter glasses.
Then I can finish installing interior.

Let me know if anyone wants to enter Winged Warrior.
Rich

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Jeff you can count me in :) im coming out this year for sure!

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I would lik to run my car at the strip, how much would it cost to race and whats the price for spectators (my GF)

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
From what I understand, If you enter, your in all events on a team. So you would be participating in most of them. You cannot just sign up for drags.

They will be allowing drags in between competition from what I was told.

madsupra88: So now your running a 1JZ mk3 ? Still have a gm trans in it or?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
dragracer;1548338 said:
From what I understand, If you enter, your in all events on a team. So you would be participating in most of them. You cannot just sign up for drags.

Correct. You enter the competition, your cars performance will be a small piece of the pie for the total score of Team Import. (Ultimate competition is Import vs Domestic). :)

madsupra88;1548324 said:
Jeff you can count me in :) im coming out this year for sure!

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I would lik to run my car at the strip, how much would it cost to race and whats the price for spectators (my GF)

I'm actually not sure on what it would cost to just do a few drag runs. I know it years past, it was like $20, IIRC,
to make a few passes in between class runs. More expensive than your typical Test'n'tune nights, Yes,
But it's for a GREAT cause and you get to have an audience of......... thousands. ;)

Also, I believe this will be two if not 3 years of plans/intentions for coming to this meet.
I have a Terms & Conditions Agreement I've sent to your home address - Sign it saying that you'll be here for INDY2K10........ or receive a PermaBan.
Your call. :biglaugh: Hope you can make it this year!

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
PCguylovesSupra;1547209 said:
I now have both days off and wont have to be back to work until that following Friday. Been trying to get details completed, car should be in pretty good shape, got some touch up paint, and windshield replaced, also finally a new radio and speakers that work. Now the 3 hour drive wont be so boring. :) Can't wait to see everyone again. Mmmm picnic food, looking forward to it. lol.

Scooter...................

Picnic food!!!! :yum:
I'm not sure if we'll do that again.... but long and behold, we'll eat somewhere you've never been or have some good eatin'!
How about we have a Supramania Indy Meet First - Dinner pitch-in! Everyone bring a dish! ;)

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Boost Lee;1548393 said:
I'm not sure if we'll do that again.... but long and behold, we'll eat somewhere you've never been or have some good eatin'!
How about we have a Supramania Indy Meet First - Dinner pitch-in! Everyone bring a dish! ;)

I will bring ice cream:icon_bigg..................Oh wait Im 2 hours away, scratch that.:nono:

Guess I will just have to bring Coors Light instead.

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
dragracer;1548338 said:

madsupra88: So now your running a 1JZ mk3 ? Still have a gm trans in it or?

Nice :)

As of now im running the r154 on my 1J , mid summer i might switch to the gm setup but im still in the process of making plates to fit the gm on the jz :D

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Boost Lee;1548393 said:

Hmmm maybe Korean BBQ LOL. Didn't I read about BBQ during the dynoing?? I could buy a dish, but bring a dish to last that long. But it is a good idea.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
madsupra88;1548439 said:
im still in the process of making plates to fit the gm on the jz :D

SAWEEEET!!!!!! I feel like doing a little automagic swap to my car as well.