Do you plan to Dyno at INDY2K10?

• Total voters

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
suprahero;1552014 said:
Houston, we have a problem:

I went to the dyno this weekend. I make 616 rwhp @ 22psi.....I make 635 rwhp @ 24psi.....I make 640rwhp @ 26psi......I make 640rwhp @ 28.5 psi and now my car is smoking. I've undoubtedly reached the limits of something on my car because it straightlines from about 5200 to 7200 @ 640rwhp. It's dead nuts straight across just like the boost graph. I've heard it can't be my 1jz head because some people have made 900 rwhp on a stock head. Mine has the crower 272 small core cams with upgraded springs and retainers. It could be my turbo maxxing out since it's two years old, but I don't know. It could also be a boost leak somewhere, but it was very very consistent if it's is a leak. Now my car is smoking while idling and cruising around. It doesn't smoke under boost.....not that I can see anyways. I can also take the oil cap off and smoke will come out of it. I was told this is a cause from bad rings. Maybe my rings didn't like the 28 pounds of boost.

Any suggestions or reasons why my car isn't making any more power than it is. I will say that it my next to last pass it made 633rwhp and 636 rwtq, but on my last run of 640 rwhp, it only made 609 rwtq.

jay-

you def have a restriction somewhere. 20hp for 2psi, then only 5hp for 2psi more and 2.5psi more. do you have a sheet i can look at for the last 2 runs? and to refresh my memory you are running the old style pt67?

from my experience, yes, if you have puffs of smoke coming out from the oil filler you have some blowby. i'd do a quick compression test. dont forget to warm the car up and block the throttle plate wide open. after the initial test, add a bit of oil to suspected cyl and retest. that's how we found the cooked ring on chris's car.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
How's everyones cars looking? :)

I can't believe it's this close.... I'm way too excited!
Winged Warrior is going to be KILLER this year and I believe we're going to have some competition on the ol' dynamometers. :biglaugh:

Jeff

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
Mine is finally at the paintshop :D

will be done next week so atleast ill have a decent looking car instead of 3 diff color junk lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Dave, I did a compression test. I have 161 in four of them, 159 in one, and 163 in the other. There is no oil on any of the plugs. I think it has to be the turbo seals. It won't smoke at all on startup, nor for five to ten minutes, but once the exhaust gets hot enough to burn the oil, it smokes. I've been thinking about getting one of the new borg warner turbos. I still don't know where my restriction is, and I don't know if it could be the turbo since the dyno did read the extra boost. I do know that is what's causing my car to smoke though..........as for the blowby, I've had that a long time.

I'm trying to get George's 2jz running before next weekend. Once I get it running, I may just ride up there with him in his 92.

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
^^not completely, but ben needs a ride lol

I finally got my starter situation figured out, now the next step is to get the MAP wired up and see if this thing will run.

smokedmustang

Mar 1, 2010
Greenfield Indiana
You guys like this place???

p1555490_1.jpg

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
what time are we meeting up on may 7th for the meet n greet?

I will arrive in indiana around 2 ish and thats when i check into the hotel!

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Boost Lee;1554928 said:
How's everyones cars looking? :)

I can't believe it's this close.... I'm way too excited!
Winged Warrior is going to be KILLER this year and I believe we're going to have some competition on the ol' dynamometers. :biglaugh:

Jeff

Interior is wrapped up. Should be running this weekend. Then just a couple of trim pieces to install and front bumper.
Would have been done this weekend but Wifes been having medical problems the last couple of weeks. Shes going into hospital in morning for outpatient surgery. She takes priority even though sometimes she pisses me off. :icon_eek:

Like they say, take the good with bad and hope the good outways the bad. :rolleyes: Till death do you part...........OH CRAP !!

I will snap some pics tomorrow. Hopefully it quits raining.

Rich

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

If thats the big freakin hill we were on last year, no.

Flat is better.
smokedmustang;1555490 said:
You guys like this place???

p1555706_1.jpg

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
i believe the hill we were on last year was to the left of where we may be this year..... hill is in pink i think...

but i remember last year there was a bit of traffic coming and going on the road below the pink area.... will us being at the spot you designated be in the way ?

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
suprahero;1555049 said:
Dave, I did a compression test. I have 161 in four of them, 159 in one, and 163 in the other. There is no oil on any of the plugs. I think it has to be the turbo seals. It won't smoke at all on startup, nor for five to ten minutes, but once the exhaust gets hot enough to burn the oil, it smokes. I've been thinking about getting one of the new borg warner turbos. I still don't know where my restriction is, and I don't know if it could be the turbo since the dyno did read the extra boost. I do know that is what's causing my car to smoke though..........as for the blowby, I've had that a long time.

I'm trying to get George's 2jz running before next weekend. Once I get it running, I may just ride up there with him in his 92.

George said *I* was going to be his bitch :(

j/k..I may be able to bring a car after all..

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
ZoomZoomZoom;1556068 said:

LOL, great. Just great. ;)

Well, I hope you're able to make it up!!!

Also, I'll kill the disappointment now before it's too late and say it...
My Supra is 97% chance NOT going to be there this year. :(
Too many little things to work out to get it in a maintainable condition....Although it runs/drives now.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!

Jeff

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
ZoomZoomZoom;1556068 said:

LOL, great. Just great. ;)

Well, I hope you're able to make it up!!!

Also, I'll kill the disappointment now before it's too late and say it...
My Supra is 97% chance NOT going to be there this year. :(
Too many little things to work out to get it in a maintainable condition....Although it runs/drives now.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!

Jeff