New power!!!! 404HP 405ft lbs @ the wheels CT26 on 17.5lbs

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Enraged;1769273 said:
lets see your external wastegate setup, I'd like something with a bit more control vs the stock actuator.

2 ways you can do it. MAchine off the stock flapper. Weld the hole shut. and weld a flange to the stock manifold, like the HKS manifold.

or Get a BIC DDP. and weld on a flange at the end of the dump. We did this on Stevens Talon with the o2 dump you can buy for their cars.

IT would be nice to have some pics though. I have like 4 housings that are cracked so bad, that the only way I see I can slavage them is to convert it to external gated.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Devin LeBlanc;1769529 said:
well, Had an injector fail and melted no 6 piston. Thats all she wrote.

If it's not one thing, it's another with these cars... sorry to hear that man, bad luck. :(

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Well I think the injector was the culprit cause of the no 2 piston melting too. After the first rebuild I had all the injectors out of the rail so they didn't go back in the same place they came from. Going to hook the scope up and watch the injector to see what it is doing.

Either way all the injectors are going in the trash and new ones will be purchased. Time for fully forged bottom end and head work?

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
What kind of injectors were they? It's very rare to see an injector just fail, it is usually a problem in the electronics. I've got my money on the cause being the old 7M electronics, not the injector itself.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Run forged pistons and rods and get a set of good injectors. Buy the ones you will need now, not just temporary. I never get why people buy smaller injectors and upgrade later. Install and tune and break into low 11's on a CT26.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Sorry to hear Devin.
Stock pistons at this power level are fine,Imho. Forged will also melt and cost 2k more to install and balance .
You had a nice Rocket ship 7m going and it was at a low cost. Forged is great when you are building over 500hp.
I would stay cast unless you plan to go with a 500rwhp + Turbo. Thats just Me I guess and I been there too...:icon_frow

Last edited:

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
eh cost is not an issue, we do all our own machine work and balancing. I am already 500+ at the crank so will be going with a set of forged pistons with stock rods.

It was an RC engineering 750CC Injector. I will be going with a set of 1000CC RC eng's

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
te72;1769608 said:
If it's not one thing, it's another with these cars... sorry to hear that man, bad luck. :(

Not even close to accurate.

"If you aren't breaking parts, you aren't going fast" did not originate in the Supra community. Long long long before the 7M.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick M;1769718 said:
Not even close to accurate.

"If you aren't breaking parts, you aren't going fast" did not originate in the Supra community. Long long long before the 7M.
I think perhaps you worded better what I was trying to get across. This sort of thing is expected to happen in the pursuit of power, it's always a game of "find the next weakest part in the chain" in my experience.

Devin LeBlanc;1769729 said:
The failure had nothing to do with the car or 7M.
Just a stroke of rough luck man, but like I said, it should be expected when you've more than doubled the factory hp, that something is going to give on occasion.

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
i agree on the forged setup : a nice forged setup, headwork, and cams 264 or 272 you wont be melting anything or having failure, 10s will be in the bag with good slicks and a good launch!! props on the setup Devin and we hope to see that 10 second slip :) make the ct26 7m powered mk3's proud!! let us know what cams and build you go with