Need a whole thread to post my MKIV! Come see why!!! (56K DIE!!!)

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
Well I hope ya'll are as excited as I am because me and my dad actually knocked out ALOT saturday and a little sunday. I just got the pics uploaded tonight, so forgive me! haha. Anyways......

After getting the driver's side what we thought was correct we move onto the passenger side. The side that took ALL of the impact. Well since we couldn't use the firewall, or anything really, on that side to judge where the new parts needed to go, we had to go by the driver's side which wasn't damaged really in the wreck. So in order to do that we used the new engine crossmember that I bought and the bottom radiator support as guides. So I bolt on the new crossmember on the drivers side, and we go to test fit the new parts on the passenger side and low and behold it lines up like pure s**t!!! Me and my dad's hearts sink. There is at least a 2 in. gap between where the fenders mount and the firewall. No matter how we try to fit it or make it work, something else wouldn't line up. We were beginning to think that it was a lot worse than what we had orginally thought or even that the driver's side wasn't correct like we had thought. That was until I got to looking and noticed that we had bolted the new crossmember up backwards!!! hahahahaha. Turned that around and lo-and-behold everything lines up MUCH MUCH MUCH better and me and my dad could both breathe a sign of relief.

Here is what we ended up with in the test fitting stages. (notice my new crossmember! The one that was bolted backwards. lol)

p863727_1.jpg

p863727_2.jpg

p863727_3.jpg

My dad getting a fender ready to test fit

p863727_4.jpg

Went ahead and put the core support on along with the fender to make sure that lined up well, and it did!! Actually starting to look like a car again

p863727_5.jpg

p863727_6.jpg

My dad starting to weld everything together.

p863727_7.jpg

The outside of the framerail. (not the prettiest but won't matter once undercoating is sprayed)

p863727_8.jpg

The welds grinded smooth.

p863727_9.jpg

Test fitting the last remaining parts

p863727_10.jpg

Starting with the body work to make everything look smooth. Fiberglass in this picture.

p863727_11.jpg

Looks like the fender is going to line up pretty well if you ask me!!!!

p863727_12.jpg

With a headlight

p863727_13.jpg

p863727_14.jpg

Welp, that's all for now folks. Be doing the rest of the body work in the bay and prepping it to paint!!! Can't wait!! All after x'mas of course. Everyone have a happy holidays!

Keylan

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
WOWWWWW!!!!!

That is some sweeet progress there Keylan. You guys have been busy. It won't be long and you'll be sanding her down getting ready for paint. How hard is the back going to be to fix? I know the front has to be harder than the back. It's really looking good, that for sure.................::w00t:: ::w00t:: ::w00t::

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
Thanks Jay! And HA, the back will be a cake walk for sure!! Just really gotta straighten that little bit of the quarter panel out, and I am just gonna get a new rear bumper and that one tailight and the back will be done. I am soooo stoked. But I am tired, and gotta get to sleep before santa comes! hahaha.

Keylan

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He knows when you're sleeping and when you're awake. Hopefully he brings bags of supra goodies.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
Very nice! Can't wait to see her done. What color are you going with?

st2b

Banned
Sep 15, 2006
Versailles (Lex) Ky
www.myspace.com
While I'm in Alabama with Jay (Suprahero) I'm hopefully going to see this Supra tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much you've done to it Keylan, and thanks for helping us polish today, your engine is going to look HOTT!!

-Matt

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
Haha. Thanks Matt. And after today I am gonna have to take everything back off and go back over it to get that mirror. And definately go buy some 2000 grit of my own! Make sure you post the new pics!

Keylan

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Holy hell, thats some badass work you and your father have accomplished. looks like it rolled off the factory.