Need a whole thread to post my MKIV! Come see why!!! (56K DIE!!!)

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
suprahero;869716 said:
Vonda's motor isn't fubar'd but it's pretty bad. It's a remanufactured motor and now it has six thousand miles on it and the number six rod bearings are royally fuc*ed! One half of the bearing is scarred and chipped and the other half is broken in half. I'm dropping the block off tomorrow to get the crank turned and new bearings installed. This will be the last dollar I ever spend on another 7m.

I would have never bothered Jay. JZ or go home :)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Supraholics;876498 said:
Nice!!! great save on this one. Is coming out great!!!

It will look awesome when he's through with it..........I mean after all, he has me supervising...........:biglaugh:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
TopNotch2JZ;868093 said:
Foreverpyscotic- My eventual power goals after the 6-speed conversion and turbocharging will be 500whp on pump daily driver if need be. But I would like to have more horsepower on tap for whenever I go the track and whatnot. A t-61 will get me the 500, but I don't like to be pushing the turbo too much, so I will most likely be going with a dbbT67. Should be pretty awesome.
Keylan

I like this guy, one of the first people to spell my name right, lol.

GL with the power goals, and a 67 should get you there, provided you use a proper engine management system.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
TopNotch2JZ;876773 said:
Rigghhhhtttt.........right. Couldn't do it without Jay! Lol

Keylan

That's an intranetz Newb right there! Sooner or later you'll have a more entertaining reply than that. Jay deserves better!

The build is coming along nicely, and your pace is at breathtaking speed. You should certainly enjoy this car more than the old DSM.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I just found this thread and all I've got to say is Holy Crap!!! :love: I can't believe the work yall have done. I will subscribe to this for sure! I like the new wheels much better. The others looked too "bling bling". The new ones look good with the yellow. My dad is a retired body man and I've spent many a year in a body shop and I can't see anything that reveals what yall've done. Keep up the good work! So many Supras in Alabama. I'm going to have to go on tour to visit all you guys.

Ken
(The Other Ken)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, he is young and with a little guidance, he'll be o.k................:biglaugh:

He's gone back to school now, so the progress might slow down a little, unless his dad gets motivated and tackles it without Keylan.

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Wow, that is amazing, this has got to be one of my most favorite builds ever. This is just stunning.

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
Thank you all once again for the props and motivation!!!

As Jay stated, I am now back to school which thankfully for me isn't toooooo far away (probably hour and 15 min.), so I personally am not able to make any more progress on the car during the week, but I will be back home practically every weekend and will do what I can while I am there. My dad however informs me that he is cleaning up the suspension and getting ready to put it back on the car and I will officially have a roller!! Woo hoo!! I cant wait!!

Unfortunately it won't stay on the ground, if it even goes on the ground, cause the motor will be getting prepped and ready to go back in. There will still be but one set back keeping me from starting the car though when the motor is back in and that is a wiring harness that I am gonna have to get new unless someone can find me one from a 97-98 car. This wiring harness is gonna cost $1000 and I don't quite have that much right now. Jay owes me some money, so that will help, but I am still pinching my pennies to get the last bit. But after that I could litterally bolt on my parts and drive! Of course it would still need a windshield, taillight, rear bumper, finish painting, and an inspection BUUUTTTTT it will be drivable. Hahaha. And as Jay puts it, "still slow". lol. One day Jay, one day!

Keylan

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
TopNotch2JZ;875506 said:
Well I meant to post these pics up the other day, but forgot! Doh!

Just a bunch of parts including both air bags, 6-speed tranny, wiring harness, both headlights, distributor, etc. (note: box on left and gauge cluster not mine! lol)

p881265_1.jpg

Finished up ALL the welding, it was really only 2 pieces left

p881265_2.jpg

Starting the calking to smooth everything out.

p881265_3.jpg

Now just a couple of goof off pictures showing some polishing I've done on a 2JZ-GTE intake mani. and TB I am getting ready to sell.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Check out that reflection baby!!! (haven't done that back part so ignore that)

p881265_4.jpg

Throttle body

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I can still see myself in it from way back there! lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Keylan

What did you use/how did you polish this? I tried using my dremel and metal polish but didn't get far. I want to do this on my 7m!