Need a whole thread to post my MKIV! Come see why!!! (56K DIE!!!)

tuner79

May 18, 2008
DFW
So if you were to put a number on the cost (over all) of the body work done, what would it be?? Ballpark??

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
i just read this entire thread.. those pictures of drilled spotwelds gave me horrible flashbacks of when i had to replace my rear fender when i first got my car... i can not imagine piecing together the entire doghouse like that! this thread is ridiculous (well, more like the work you guys have put in is ridiculous)

i have a feeling that the only way ill ever have a mkiv is if i do something similar to this. but you guys did it! amazing! especially considering the wreck it was in and the fact that the engine purrs like a kitten!

congrats!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm going to call him right now and tell him he'd better update this thing or we're all going to go on strike and never post in here again..........:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He hasn't been on here in two weeks, so he must be busy with school. I forgot to call him yesterday, but I will today.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I called him today to see if he wanted to go to the street races with me, but he shot me down. Luckily for me, I'm used to rejection............if you guys need me, I'll be in my room crying.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
suprahero;1186251 said:
I called him today to see if he wanted to go to the street races with me, but he shot me down. Luckily for me, I'm used to rejection............if you guys need me, I'll be in my room crying.

free-hugs.jpg

hugs fix everything.. if you need one i think i got a few left today.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
suprahero;1186251 said:

I am too scared to race right now...bad experiences.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nomad, how about me, you and your girlfriend on a group hug.............:naughty:

Ryan, the cops showed up and I made like horse shit and hit the dusty trail.

Scott, I didn't do any racing and I was wanting him just to ride with me. It's a little more fun when you aren't driving everywhere talking to yourself. He had to get back to school though. He lets his education get in the way of a good time..........:3d_frown:

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
Hello again guys! Sorry that I don't get on here much anymore or haven't updated it, unfortunately there just isn't anything to update :( Unless ya'll haven't seen the pics from that Supra meet we all went to.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1187472_1.jpg

p1187472_2.jpg

p1187472_3.jpg

I am on the left in this pic. You can see Mario in that one as well ;)

And this is what I would like my car to look like one day. With a carbon fiber front lip though.

p1187472_4.jpg

Other than that, I am just trying to save up my pennies for some mods now that I am done fixing her. Time to start making it a fun car. 6-speed swap, then boost boost boost. It's EXTREMELY hard though only working part time and having to pay rent and bills and gas and take the girl out, and all that garbage, and I really left with no money to spend every month :(

I am in the process of selling my DD since I got the exact same car waiting to take on the DD driving duties. So no reason to have 2 of them, when I could sell one and have some nice money to spend. Unfortunately the money from selling the car isn't going towards the supra :( Initially at least ;) I am planning on buying a nice expensive TIG welder and getting my own little business going in fabrication. So maybe here soon I will even be able to hook some of ya'll guys up with parts :) But the welder is going to take up all the money from selling the car, but once I start getting some income on some custom parts, it's all getting dumped straight into the supra. I got some crazy ideas planned for it. Can't spill any beans yet though.

But anyways, for whoever asked about it, I haven't really sat down and tallied up how much the project has cost. But for a rough estimate, and this shouldn't be too bad off, I would say:

Initial cost of car: $1700
Parts to fix the car: ~$3000
V160 6-speed: $2200
Rims and tires: $1000
Carbon fiber RMM Wing: $400
Blitz Twin Disk Clutch: $500

So with just the car and the parts, I am right around the $5000 mark. Not bad, I must say so myself. And with the other goodies you can see I am closer to the $9000 mark. But I didn't HAVE to buy those parts, but it's gonna be well worth it in the end.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I like the mock-up you have, great rims.

All the blood sweat and tears you put into that car make it worth ssOOOOOoooo much more than 9 grand... nice job.