Natalya has a 1JZ! (56K Go Home)

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
bigaaron;1086184 said:
Are they a shipping company or a fuckin smog check station?!? :biglaugh:
What do they care if it smokes? If it can drive on their trailer and off, what's the difference?

It really pisses me off because I told them about it before I signed the damn contract. Fuckers.

Expect it Friday, Aaron. Just let me know what it needs. :D

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Reasons why your engine went out, was because of the Fuel system you are trying to use. Stock Injectors, High speed runs, Walbro or Denso pump= disaster! I killed two engines the same way. Also Stock twins dont like that kind of heat. You need to understand that Walbros and Denso pumps supply no more then 50 psi of fuel pressure for a short period of time. Both of those pumps will keep the engine happy for a little bit, but if you had a fuel pressure gauge in the car, you could see the fuel pressure jump at the sign of boost and slowly back down to 40ish psi of fuel pressure.

Look at all the big wangan cars, they all have overkill fuel systems. Most have pump(s) that supply 400 lph @ 75.5 psi of fuel pressure. If one of those pumps with 440 cc injectors where used, today your engine would still be alive to play another day. A 2jz will not solve the problem, find a solution to it first.

I'm not coming down on you or anyone else, I rather see people do it right then to see this kind of thread happen over and over again!

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
soapra;1088175 said:
Reasons why your engine went out, was because of the Fuel system you are trying to use. Stock Injectors, High speed runs, Walbro or Denso pump= disaster! I killed two engines the same way. Also Stock twins dont like that kind of heat. You need to understand that Walbros and Denso pumps supply no more then 50 psi of fuel pressure for a short period of time. Both of those pumps will keep the engine happy for a little bit, but if you had a fuel pressure gauge in the car, you could see the fuel pressure jump at the sign of boost and slowly back down to 40ish psi of fuel pressure.

Look at all the big wangan cars, they all have overkill fuel systems. Most have pump(s) that supply 400 lph @ 75.5 psi of fuel pressure. If one of those pumps with 440 cc injectors where used, today your engine would still be alive to play another day. A 2jz will not solve the problem, find a solution to it first.

I'm not coming down on you or anyone else, I rather see people do it right then to see this kind of thread happen over and over again!

Awesome tips here Jose. This is one thing I don't fool around with is fueling for a car. If I don't have enough capability, I just keep things civil in my car and enjoy it longer. I picked up a twin set of Walbros for my car a few days ago in preparation to make sure I have an overkill before the car goes on a dyno.
Thanks for posting this.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah twin pump setups are quite common in big boost cars.
Alex does have a gauge on his AFPR though and it was even in this thread he was keeping a good eye on it, trying to set the pressure at the required psi, but then again its underhood. Kinda hard to monitor when you're driving and boosting. Thats why I want to get an in cabin gauge for mine. BTW, how was the UEGO reading? Weren't you quite rich?

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Huzzah! Flying out Wednesday to get my car back. Quick rundown of the problem:

Tiny fuel injectors, too much boost over extended period of time, eventual complete failure of engine.

Solution:
Install another engine, turn down boost, and be happy until I can save enough to raise it properly.

big yoggz

well i somewhat new here i just mostly come in to see whats for sale and to get some tip/knowledge. well im basically done with my 1jz swap and happen happen to so up to dm for same last parts and saw ur supra. it sounded great when dave did a couple last checks. well hope this one lasts u lol. no over boosing!!!:x:

even i know that!!! :3d_frown:

i read the whole thread