Natalya has a 1JZ! (56K Go Home)

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Supra-K;1074982 said:
why fix stock stuff when you can just upgrade when your going to end up upgrading later anyways, hes already stuck, and has to wait for parts, mind as well just through upgraded parts to save yourself from double work, just an idea :)

Okay. Who the hell are you?

Mod A Needs Mod B to work in Conjuction.

You can't just throw a MLS on a 7M and then a big turbo with a SAFC.

Likewise i don't think it's a good idea to throw a 2JZ block on a 1JZ head and electronics without some kinda control that has more fine tuning than a SAFC. Moe used a 2JZ ECU to get around this. Remember that 6000rpm on both motors isn't the same.

But yea, it's not my car, and Moe has given his advice and I have, too. He's been in the game much longer than most of us; my father never did a single major mod on his supra for this very reason. Mod A needs Mod B.

It's hard for some of you to get into your heads.

Cheers,

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
Zumtizzle;1075060 said:
Okay. Who the hell are you?

Mod A Needs Mod B to work in Conjuction.

You can't just throw a MLS on a 7M and then a big turbo with a SAFC.

Likewise i don't think it's a good idea to throw a 2JZ block on a 1JZ head and electronics without some kinda control that has more fine tuning than a SAFC. Moe used a 2JZ ECU to get around this. Remember that 6000rpm on both motors isn't the same.

But yea, it's not my car, and Moe has given his advice and I have, too. He's been in the game much longer than most of us; my father never did a single major mod on his supra for this very reason. Mod A needs Mod B.

It's hard for some of you to get into your heads.

Cheers,

who the hell am I?! who the hell are you?! First off grow the hell up and give a little respect man thats complete bullshit how you think acting like an ass to a person on a fourm makes you badass, well it doesnt dick so please dont disrespect me and ill do the same for. And another thing, he effin said he found some extra money and asked if he should upgrade and I told him my opinion, if you disagree with that then that fine you dont have to try and be little me because I dont have the same idea, and I didnt say anything involving heads or anything about a headgasket or shit ass 7m at that so where your getting that crap I have no idea. To me it sounded like his turbos took a shit and I recomended a single turbo vs. just putting another set twins just because of the pain in the ass it would be, but with his lower compression numbers, obviously something else majorly is going on that needs to be solved and I didnt know that info at the time of opinion so please take your crap somewhere else cause I really hate to see this fourm be overan with .........:3d_frown: cant even say it.

guess its just hard for some of YOU guys to get it through your head that being an ass on the fourm doesnt make you cool

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Okay Reading comprehension.

He has low Compression and is puffing massive amounts of smoke.

Something caused a failure in the motor, it sounds like rings to me. But could very well be a BHG. He didn't go into much details about what was checked so............

I do apologize for any offense.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah I SAID that it kinda looked like a BHG with the 2 lower compression but even though 2 are lower than the other 4, the other 4 are still lower than they should be so it could be more involved.
Basically it could be several things and whether he brings it to me or Aaron we will both pull the head at first to see if there is a BHG. Obviously if there is, no problem, if there isnt then its time to pull the motor.
And however while they may already have MLS, and forged parts, there are other BETTER MLS's and forged parts out there. Obviously if OEM parts were the end all be all there wouldnt be a need for stronger aftermarket parts. But they are good to a certain degree. You just need to determine if you're goin to be exceding the limit keeping in mind that that limit is also higher than "regular ol' stuff"

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
^I'll agree on every ground, Ace.

I read UPGRADES and thought he was going to slap a 2JZ bottom end on his Supra automatically for some reason. ;)

I just know he better get this Supra home and to you, preferably. You got mouths to feed, know what you're doing, and are the "local" shop to him. ;)

Sorry, Ace. Wasn't aimed at you at all. :)

Alex, Sorry to shit in your thread. Best of luck, bud.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Zumtizzle;1075430 said:
Sorry, Ace. Wasn't aimed at you at all. :)

Alex, Sorry to shit in your thread. Best of luck, bud.
Dude, I know it wasnt aimed at me, and I dont think any shitting occured, lol.

I was just stating reasons as to why you would upgrade the OEM forged parts that everyone already knows, is all.

So whats up Alex, R U still in 'Zona?

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
to quote a famous bald guy that likes to drive with surfer looking guys in orange toyotas:

"now me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried"

sorry had to.....

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Mk3runner;1076174 said:
to quote a famous bald guy that likes to drive with surfer looking guys in orange toyotas:

"now me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried"

sorry had to.....

Bald guy? Are you talking about me? ;)

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Oh dear god. WTF happened in here?

Yes, the car is on transport to Driftmotion. I got love for Ace, but with parts and labor being being a wash either way, transport to DM being cheaper, and Aaron having overall more knowledge of the 1JZ (no offense, Ace), the car went to Pomona. Either way, neither shop could have the car done super quick. I got love for both shops, but the scales just tipped in DM's favor.

Anyway, it'll be a while before I can post any updates. Right now, I'm just going to kick back at the apartment and job hunt. Yee-haw. :(

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
kick back and job hunt.... yay, I'm doing the same thing. big bag of doritos in my hand too.

lol Ace, funny.. :icon_razz

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Didn't feel like typing it all out last night. The shipping company FINALLY got around to picking the car up on Monday (ASAP = a week and a half WHAT!?!?), and the driver refused to pick it up due to the large quantities of smoke, which I TOLD THEM about when they took my money.

Needless to say, I'm not pleased. But, the car is getting picked up today and being delivered to Pomona on Friday.