My *sort of* build thread. (PIC WHORE)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
zambini;1704476 said:
hey man, i was looking at getting a set of those sc replicas, 9" all around. is your fitment direct bolt on? any issues? thx

They are bolt on, only thing I had to change was the lug nuts, they use a cone shaped lug nut to center the wheel which is different from stock. Wouldn't be a bad idea to run a hub-centric ring, but I didn't and no problems yet. With the car at my ride height the offset is perfect, if you go lower they may be tucked slightly.

slowmedown;1704928 said:
turned out really nice what clutch are you running?

Thanks! It is on a W58 trans so I am running a 6 puck Spec stage 3 non turbo clutch. No signs of slipping.

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
thanks man. where did you have to go for the lug nuts? ...i really want to run the dished 10" rears, which would stick out .5" and a mil further than the 9" ones. would you call this possible if i pulled/rolled the rear fenders based on how your wheels fit? also, what tire size and suspension setup are you running? I'm sitting on eibachs and tokikos.

thanks again!

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Don't know what to tell you on the 10" deep dish ones. Im running a 255/40 on my wheels right now, and the tire is basically perfectly flush with the stock wheel arc. Not sure how much you can pull the fenders as ive never messed with the rear fenders before. I'm also on Megan Racing Track series coilovers, no rubbing whatsoever in the rear but some on the front when turning/going over harsh bumps. Front fenders are rolled.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
No prob, the lug nuts can be had at any automotive parts store. Just make sure they are the right thread/diameter (cant remember off hand what they are).

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
How is the W58 holding up? Im debating if i want to spend the money on a clutch for it or go R154. Right now my setup has about 300+ torque and slips bad. I would hate to get a clutch and have the trans go out.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Well I am making over 350 and I haven't had an issue. Ive taken it to the track once since its been tuned and it felt fine, no full boost launches though, and only on street tires. If you have the money and plan to drive it hard (clutch dumps and full boost dumps) you might as well just go for an r154 but for my purposes i don't see it breaking anytime soon, its my DD.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You will be breaking the W58 above 350HP with any hard driving and shifting. I have opened both gearboxes and I can tell you that the R154 is a lot more beefier in every sense you can think of.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
yoanthonyyyy;1706442 said:
i love build threads with a bunch of pics.

car is real clean, very nice setup too.

Thanks! Heres some more pics from a recent cruise
IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_7736.JPG

IMG_7763.JPG

p1717399_1.jpg

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Beautiful car dude. How do you like the sound on the Blitz Nur Spec? It's the exhaust I want to get when I eventually get another supra, but there aren't any good videos of it on youtube.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
jackmk2mk3;1717408 said:
Beautiful car dude. How do you like the sound on the Blitz Nur Spec? It's the exhaust I want to get when I eventually get another supra, but there aren't any good videos of it on youtube.
Thanks, I really like the Nur Spec besides how it looks, Im not really a fan of the can style mufflers, but I got a good deal on it and it sounds nice, if you look back to post 96 theres a short video of my car.
Zerocool;1717409 said:
The car sounded great Cy, I wish I had gotten better videos of yours and Stu's car.
Thanks Clint, yeah I really need to get a couple videos of my car sometime.
SupaMan;1717416 said:
Amazing pictures! I always loved that color when its clean!
Enraged;1717486 said:
replace your sig picture, it doesn't do your car justice :)
Thanks! :)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Supra28;1721161 said:
One more?! Man, stop it!! Ten more!.....Seriously.

On another note, I'm really liking the way the IC sit, did you leave the bumper support bar on?

:D

Thanks, the IC is right up against the crashbar, didn't have to remove or cut it. I didn't have to cut or remove the latch/horn support bracket either surprisingly.

My white supra had a bad key groove like that. I used some industrial locktyte stuff my friends dad brought back from the Nuclear Plant He worked at.. Said they used it to seal some type of metal cracks or something. He said not to get it on your hands cause it would burn or something....anyways...I was like...WTF?...grabbed some gloves, centered the key, and locktyted it in...i hit it with a hammer, did whatever i could, it WOULD NOT move.... LOL Never had a single problem :D

Get you a crank out of a cressida :p