My BPU'd 1jz swap/build thread....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I know what the numbers are.........I can't wait to see the video though. All I can tell you is ....................nothing

Aaron would kill me and I can't live with that.............:biglaugh:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
No, time for some race gas and more boost. It's only got 440cc injectors. I would say 426whp is pretty good for just slapping a turbo on a bone stock 2.5L longblock on pump gas. It has more in it, but it's not my car, and the last thing we want to do is replace someone's engine because we pushed it too far.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
We modified the MDC turbo. The rear half is Turbonetics, the front half is now Garrett with a 360 thrust bearing and billet backplate.

p546152_1.jpg

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Neat and tidy!!!

How big is the AR on the exhaust housing... And the 360 bearing, is that a ballbearing or standard?

BTW: Mark, I know a guy who is REALLY good at polishing compressor housing, if you wanna talk to him, look in the mirror, lol... ;) That guy did a KICK ASS job on mine...

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, it wasn't intentional. I'm real pleased with 426 hp, especially 426 SAFE, 20 psi & on pump gas hp. The rear a/r is .58 IIRC. Happy days!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Reign_Maker said:
BTW: Mark, I know a guy who is REALLY good at polishing compressor housing, if you wanna talk to him, look in the mirror, lol... ;) That guy did a KICK ASS job on mine...

Thanks for the props Jake, but if I go for the bling look, I'll have someone else do it. I live in an apartment now & all of my polishing stuff/tools are in storage. No time either.... :icon_neut