• SS Y-pipe
  • Lightened flywheel
  • aluminum hard pipes
  • Tial BOV
  • 24"x12"x4" FMIC
  • Koyo radiator
  • Emanage (blue) with injector & timing control
  • Profec E01 boost controller

Unlike my 7M that I had built, this will be anti bling. It can't look non stock due to inspections, but it will be a clean install. I have 99% of the stuff I need, so hopefully, I'll start the install this weekend.

Last edited:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
mattjk said:
Do you have the original oil filter?

Also, does the y-pipe clear the motor mount?

I have a 2j oil filter mount I'm putting on, is that what you're asking?

As for the Y-pipe, I have the BIC mounts, and the Y-pipe clears it......Barely.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
Hmm, reason I'm asking is if you have any sample of the original oil that was in the motor, I would recommend getting it analyzed. Check to see if it had dino or synthetic in it. If it had dino in it and you start to use synthetic, gaurenteed it's going to shrink your valve stem and turbo seals and it's going to smoke. That's unless you change the seals :)

Can you describe the process of installing the y-pipe? Did you remove everything or use some kind of shortcut?

Thanks

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
mattjk said:
Hmm, reason I'm asking is if you have any sample of the original oil that was in the motor, I would recommend getting it analyzed. Check to see if it had dino or synthetic in it. If it had dino in it and you start to use synthetic, gaurenteed it's going to shrink your valve stem and turbo seals and it's going to smoke. That's unless you change the seals :)

Can you describe the process of installing the y-pipe? Did you remove everything or use some kind of shortcut?

Thanks

I don't think that is true. In my 1jz, after I got it, I have been using Mobil 1 Full synthetic for more tha year now, and I have no blow by or blown turbo seals whatsoever. If the turbo seals go, that is because they are usually worn out, I don't think it is because of synthetic.

I know I see this information once in a while, but I don't think it is based on any real world tests etc.
But from my own real world experience, I have not seen any issues whatsoever. I even switched to Synthetic in my 7m as well and never had any issues.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
mattjk said:

Thanks

I pulled everything off to put it on, and it's a pain in the ass. I'm bead blasting the charge pipes today to make them look new again, so I should have them back on tonight

suprastanger507mgte said:
Looking good Rak. Its good you threw that y-pipe on there before putting in the engine. Get ready for a smile stuck on your face weeks.

I'm glad I decided to before I put the motor in, because I can't see how it can be done after the swap is completed....

hottscennessey said:
Nice work Mark, I'll make a build thread soon.. your old 7m turbo setup is up and running on my car now. All I need to do is re-tune. :)

So you're the one that bought it! What's it like, how is it?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Well I love the sound of the tubular manifold, it really sounds sick! Spool up is much better than on my SP61GT, even with the bigger A/R. The car feels incredibly slow at 10psi, but I ran the SP61 at 20lbs daily, so thats understandable. I really like it so far, and I cant wait to get a really nice tune and up the boost so I can put down some numbers.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
hottscennessey said:
Well I love the sound of the tubular manifold, it really sounds sick! Spool up is much better than on my SP61GT, even with the bigger A/R. The car feels incredibly slow at 10psi, but I ran the SP61 at 20lbs daily, so thats understandable. I really like it so far, and I cant wait to get a really nice tune and up the boost so I can put down some numbers.

Cool Scott, 10psi isn't even starting to turn the compressor much. Tickle it to 23psi & it should open up quite a bit....

I can't wait to see what your numbers will be, so hurry up! :biglaugh:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
looks good! going to be done by tampa?

you using glass beads? I tried walnut sheels, it didn't work that well.. maybe ill try some glass beads..

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
tissimo said:
looks good! going to be done by tampa?

you using glass beads? I tried walnut sheels, it didn't work that well.. maybe ill try some glass beads..

I'm doing my best to be there, but I might miss it because I'm moving out of state. I have to complete the swap fast, it's time for me to move.

I'm using glass beads, so it should do the trick.

Justin727 said:
BAH! Down with the 1jz!!!

Bite me loser boy :biglaugh: