MkIIIs Invade Las Vegas (aka - Supras Invade Las Vegas 2005)

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Hmm when's the RSVP date?? I'd REALLY like to show up, but with the car I'm buying, I'm not sure (50/50) that it'll be done by October 12...money issues :(

Do I need to do anything special if I just fly down and come hang with y'all?

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
not at all. The RSVP list is just to give us an idea on how many people to expect. It does help speed up the registration process for the Show-and-Shine though as anyone on the RSVP list just has to check in and get their number assigned. If you have not RSVPd you have to complete the entire registration form before getting your #.

92MKIII

Aug 9, 2005
Tucson Az.
so i just show up no intrance fees, whats this rsvp everyone was talking about. ive got a 92 mkIII turbo needs some work,

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
You can RSVP at http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v05 - click the RSVP link in the left-hand column.

Why RSVP? Besides telling the world that you plan to party with us in Las Vegas this year, your RSVP can save you time getting into the Show-and-Shine. How you might ask? Every Supra that enters the Show-and-Shine must be registered. You can either fill out your paperwork sitting in your car in line OR you can simply RSVP online and save time waiting in line.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Yes... This is not your typical "uptight concourse" show. This is a show of force for the Supra community. We are there to celebrate Show Cars, Race Cars, Daily Drivers, and Project Cars - no matter what condition.

92MKIII

Aug 9, 2005
Tucson Az.
sweet ill be there hopefully, i want to find someone to go with me though cause vegas would suck alone, being tucsons not that far away i figured folks would be begging to go but nobody wants too

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Just a little reminder that our special group rates expire in just under a month now. Other properties that usually have cheaper rates are now higher than our group rates. Sure... you can save some money by staying at the low-end properties but will you be parking with more than 100 Supras? Will they be redirecting their security cameras to watch the Supras all day and night? Will they step up their patrols to your parking area? I don't think so.

The Luxor has all of those. I have even seen security show up within minutes when we were out tinkering with the cars one day.

Besides... it is VEGAS! Supras all day... non-stop parties all night!

And sure... there are hotties all over the place. But they ALL come to Vegas to PARTY! At the Drag Showdown there will be a Naughty Schoolgirl Contest. hmmmm... I wonder if there will be anyone in the stands during that time. :)

Did I mention the booze?

Just trying to cover all of the interests Supra guys seem to have. :)

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
In 1987 (when I was a young lad) my mom was going to buy a 280z (or was it a 300z by then...doesn't matter). Anyway, as an avid reader of every car magazine at the time I informed her that the z car was a p.o.s. and that if it were me I'd be looking at a Supra. I even told her what color I liked the car in (dark taupe). Needless to say when she drove up the driveway the next day with the exact car of my dreams I was filled with excitement and jealousy. I made her promise that if she ever sold that car that I would have first shot at it! I finally pried that car out of her greedy dream car stealing hands (just kidding mom) last Nov. It only has 78k on the odometer and I spent the last 10 mos getting back to near new condition. The next 10 months will be spent doing the mods I've always dreamed of doing to this car. So yeah...I rsvp'd and very much look forward to being in Vegas and getting some fresh ideas for modifyng my Supra and meeting other MkIII owners. See ya there!

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Oh man... That's such a great story. We look forward to meeting you too - and bring a bib. As a fellow MkIII owner I can guarantee that you will be drooling over quite a few cars there.

KeithH

92MKIII

Aug 9, 2005
Tucson Az.
ill be up there that week but probably way before the stuff starts and just before the end of that weekend...... hope i get to see some of you guys up there

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
OK... it sounds like everybody here wants MORE!

Announcing the "Fantasy Schoolgirl Contest"

That's right. LVMS and Euro Entertainment are throwing a Super Tuner Car Show in the dragstrip parking lot the night of the drag racing. They will have a DJ and at 10pm the Schoolgirl contest. The lucky winner will receive $500. So bring out your GF, SO, Wife, or just the stripper you met at the club the night before and come on out to the Drag Showdown.

More information as it becomes available.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
WOOHOO! We're still ahead - but not by much.

After closing to within 1 RSVP of us the MkIVs have slid back one more spot giving us some more breathing room.

There are currently 200 RSVPs on the website but this includes those Supra owners that are flying in without their Supras and Supra enthusiasts that do not currently own a Supra and are coming anyway.

There are 170 RSVPs for Supras actually planning to make the trek to Las Vegas for "The Largest Supra Event on the Planet!"

There are currently 73 MkIIIs RSVPd and planning to show up and only 71 MkIVs. We even have two MkIs that have said they are planning to join us this year.

The T-shirts are still available for pre-order but we have already placed the order so some sizes may/will sell out before we close the pre-orders. We will keep the pre-orders open until some time on September 23rd. At that time we will package up all the pre-orders and hope to get them shipped out on that next Saturday morning so they will arrive in plenty of time to get packed away in your luggage for the trip.

Also, our hotel rooms are going fast. At last check we had sold over half of the rooms in our special block. Several big conventions are coming to Vegas at the same time we are there and that has regular rates going through the roof. Our special group rates are very reasonable. Sure, you can stay at the "No Tell" motel and save a few dollars but are they going to step up their security patrols to watch your Supra? Are they going to turn their security cameras to watch your Supra? The Luxor does.

We are excited to have two MkIIIs in this year's Dyno Invitational highlighting some of the most powerfull Supras on the planet. Both are pushing very hard for that mysterious realm of the 1000+ horsepower mark.

For the most up to date information about this year's event be sure to visit the official webpage at http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v05

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Remember that the group rates at the hotel expire on the 11th. As of yesterday morning we had sold 80 rooms out of our block of 115. We did sell out last year so we added 15 rooms to our block.

There are several conventions in town while we are there and they are driving room rates up.

http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v05/hotel.asp

whitemk3

Mar 30, 2005
east TN
ill be there, im flying in though, A few questions since i wont have my car will there be any way to get a ride to the drag/dyno. I have family there but no car to drive.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
*sighs heavily* I shan't be making it this year. Finances are...low.

Unless I'm mistaken this is an annual event though, correct? If so, I'll be there next year FOR SURE!! We all need like "Hi, my name is: **insert supramania name here** " name tags--lol.

Hope everything goes well guys!

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
WOW! Our second straight sellout at the hotel. Last year we sold 101 rooms (our block was 100). This year we upped the block and sold 116 rooms out of our block of 115. I guess next year we should try for 150. WOOHOO!

The Scenic Drive is going to be a blast! A radical departure from our previous drives through the desert. This year we are headed for the mountains to the NW of town.

The Poker Tournament is shaping up nicely. For just $62.50 you can come out and practice your bluff with other Supra owners and enthusiasts. The more participants the better the payouts and the more places will be payed out.

The Show-and-Shine is always amazing. Nowhere on the planet can you find more Supras lined up in one place! Remember that this is not your average car show. This is a place where magazine cover cars join full blown race cars, daily drivers, weekend projects, and works in progress in a show of force for the Supra community.

The Dyno is going to be a blast again this year. Mike says he is ready for the Supras to finally drop some serious HP. He has upgraded his system to handle more than 1200hp. Who will be the first to pop this cherry? You'll have to wait and see. The Dyno Invitational is shaping up to be the best one yet. Each Supra is aiming well into the 4-digit range and we even have a couple of MkIIIs that will be striving to hit the magical 1000hp mark.

The Drags will feature a Grudge sessin for those that don't qualify for the classes. Set up your own race in the pits and come to the staging lanes together. There will also be a car show in the parking lot as well as the "Schoolgirl" contest - if they will ever call me back I will post more information on both of these.

I know of at least one MkIV that will make its debut in Vegas this year and another MkIV that is being shipped in from Hawaii. We are also being joined this year by a 7M-GTE Soarer owner from Down Under. Please help make him welcome on his first trip to the US.

I SOOOOOOOOO Can't wait. But I have to. There are so many details left to take care of.

See you guys in Vegas in just a few weeks.

Keith Hart