Mk3 with mk4 front cap???

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Its a cool show that used to be on the discovery Channel. A guy in Bangladesh would take a car and chop it up, and create a totally different car.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Sweet mother of god! Kill it with fire!

We can now see why it needs improvising.. lol

I strongly vote against, simply because when i think of a conversion of such caliber it reminds me of this. EVERYTIME.

Your ride, your decision dude. But 98% of the population will flame you for it. So don't get butthurt & what not. EXPECT it. Kinda like that Camavette truck thing. The guy that created the abomination definitely does not give a rat's ass about other's opinions. Do as you please. We can't stop you.

Pikkonslaw

Oct 11, 2013
Drew mississippi
I'm really leaning toward that soarer front just don't know where to find one and how difficult would it be that pic the guy out up a few days ago looked good

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
My .02 is that as said before it's your car, I'll never knock it out wright because it's not mine thus my opinion is moot. However I do have an opinion and I think it's a horrible idea, the mkiii is an 80's bruiser, that's what It was meant to be and it's looks make it concrete, changing that will change the personality of the whole car and I'd sincerely hate to see you finish then dislike it, because there's no going back at that point. Now the soarer front, that's some sexy shit! It gives you the non flip ups and still holds the 80's body lines, plus it's muuuuuuuch less modifications.

I'm an extreme lover of the factory lines, I think it's just perfect minus maybe lowering or a lip. I HATE to see someone ruin it, but as I said it's not mine, do as you will and I'll support your decision

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
that MKIII totally has the decals off the eclipse on the first fast & furious! (yes I like that green colour shame on me haha)

TBH I don't think you need a front end conversion, I just think you need a new front bumper.. try shineautoproject.com and find a front lip for the car that will make it look better.

Option 2: find a 89+ front bumper (paint to match) then find a front lip for it as you'll have a bigger selection. This drastically changes the look of any 87-88 supra IMO.

as for the z20 soarer front end conversion, if you really have your mind in completely changing it, just google "soapra" or even search on here their is plenty of pictures of this and even a detailed thread of what he's done to complete it. I've seen someone else copy him on FB as well so it's become more common which means it's fairly straight forward unlike the MKIV conversion.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
that MKIII totally has the decals off the eclipse on the first fast & furious! (yes I like that green colour shame on me haha)

TBH I don't think you need a front end conversion, I just think you need a new front bumper.. try shineautoproject.com and find a front lip for the car that will make it look better.

Option 2: find a 89+ front bumper (paint to match) then find a front lip for it as you'll have a bigger selection. This drastically changes the look of any 87-88 supra IMO.

as for the z20 soarer front end conversion, if you really have your mind in completely changing it, just google "soapra" or even search on here their is plenty of pictures of this and even a detailed thread of what he's done to complete it. I've seen someone else copy him on FB as well so it's become more common which means it's fairly straight forward unlike the MKIV conversion.

Pikkonslaw

Oct 11, 2013
Drew mississippi
Yes I do plan on changing it most definately lol I'm currently in the process of changing the head gasket and it might look good in the pics but the paint is chipped and clear coat is peeling.. I do kinda like the green but not the stickers but I'm leaning to a dark grey in color but before I paint it or anything I want to do all body work and freshen up the motor

Pikkonslaw

Oct 11, 2013
Drew mississippi
I've had a few offers on the car of 2500 and I found one that's running just needs paint and it's a 90s model for only 1500 so I might sell mine and buy it that will open up extra money and i will have a better start

supalvr

Jan 20, 2014
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
I am a huge fan of doing conversions, such as the sileighty, the soapra, even putting a DA front end on a ED9. Currently I am thinking of doing a gull wing conversion on my mkiii. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
You did your self a big favor. Better to start with a unmolested car. Keep a eye on Craigslist. Ive found two of my supras for under $900. Just got to wait for the right one to come along.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Glad to hear that you unloaded that green car. Way too much work to undo some of the issues on it.
Keep us posted on what you end up buying!

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Way to go your other car had a LONG way to go from green to clean haha I think that this new car will be a much better platform for you to modify.

Pikkonslaw

Oct 11, 2013
Drew mississippi
Yeah I just hope it doesn't sell before I'm able to get it haha if so I'm sure I will find another and yeah the green one had a way to go... The intake didn't belong to that car and it didn't line up so the power steering pump was ziptied on.. And the head gasket was replaced but the guy didn't fix the block or head and used a metal gasket so it wasn't sealing right and the windows didn't work and just really too much to name so I think I will be a lot better off with a different mk3 the guy I got it from just had no idea what he was doing and pretty much destroyed it