Mk3 with mk4 front cap???

Pikkonslaw

Oct 11, 2013
Drew mississippi
I love the mk3 supras but not a fan of the flip up lights so I had an idea. How hard will it be to put a mk4 front cap on a mk3 I think it would look beast. Has anyone seen or heard of this being done? If so are there any tips or pics you can post. I found a front cap for a mk4 for about 2gs and was just wandering if it was an easy swap

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Don't do it. It won't look right at all.

You don't even see the pop ups when there down.

But may I suggest the soarer front end.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
43252d1072567312-some-cool-funny-interesting-sick-shots-of-soarers-soapra202.jpg

Pikkonslaw

Oct 11, 2013
Drew mississippi
Looks better than original how hard is that conversion and how hard would it be to find the parts I know nothing about a soarer. If it's easier I might go this route but I love the way the one looks In the pic I posted with the mk4 cap

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Pikkonslaw;1987718 said:
Ok well I mean I'm good with body work I'm sure I could do it have you heard of anyone doing this?
Sounds like you have made your mind up to do it, go ahead prove us all wrong and that it doesn't look like total and utter crap and it's not ruining the classic lines of a Mk3...

supalvr

Jan 20, 2014
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
If you want to do it, do it. It is your car, and if it's something that you would like well who are we to stop you. I have had some cars with some weird s^&t done to it and I didn't care what people thought because it was my car.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
front clip.... its a front clip...

it'd be difficult, I'd start with measurements, and a rad support..

plan on cutting; hood, fenders, bumper to start

I would advise against it

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Apparently, NO ONE here thinks that putting a MkIV front end on a MkIII is a good idea, mainly I suppose, because the two cars has very different/ conflicting design strategies.
BUT, as already mentioned, do what you want to do, it's your car.
As already mentioned, it will require heavy metal work and some fabrication.
As already mentioned it will be difficult.
As already shown, it has been done before.

So at this point in the thread, every question you asked has been answered. Good luck with your build, and be sure to post progress pictures.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Only maybe 1 or 2 people tops who have done it. And they are not on here. It's not something people want to hack up there car for.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Hellz yeah! Do that shit, son! Haters gonna hate. Don't let anyone steer you away from your dream. Sawzall , gallon of body filler, and some wire connectors and DONE! Start ASAP, and post pics of progress immediately. You just might start a revolution here. We can all use some good ideas to refresh and update the old style of our cars.