mk3 sbc swap

thorpedo

Apr 30, 2009
Wolfville, Nova Scotia
The tach will actually run if you connect one of the wires that went to the original coil to your distributor. I never tested to see how accurate it is or if it would burn anything up but it did temporarily appear to work great. (me and another guy I've been talking to have done it) I personally will be trying to sneak another tach in the factory tach location. The MSD lazer gauges look pretty nice...

As for the other gauges I have hooked the factory sensors into the appropriate locations and they all work just fine.

What are your engine specs svnmpwr?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
IJ.;1489414 said:
I could do a Geo Metro and people would still ahh and ohhh :p

It's NOT me it's the demented things I do :runaway:

Notice I'm NOT bagging the OP's build, I'd help out in any way I can as it's "different", if he want's need's my advice/help I'm here!

Tach should be easy enough for an instrument shop to get working again, please DON'T put 37 Monster tachs in it ;)

By looking at your avatar, and knowing some of your history with chevy motors, one can assume you are for this build, if done correctly.

OP: What are you revving out to, ~7k?
BTW, 377s are beautiful motors, my friend has one with a 6-71 on it in a little S10 truck.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Are those pictures of the finished motor mounts?

Sorry man, but those mounts do not look like they will hold up to the constant rotational stress of the motor trying to tear itself off its mounts. That single gusset just doesn't look big enough or strong enough... nor does the whole unit look up to the task of keeping the motor stationary during an catastrophic accident.

Sorry if those are the mockups or work in progress, if they are... forget I said anything at all ;)

Otherwise, looks pretty cool.