mk3 sbc swap

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nah, didn't disagree THAT much because I knew it wouldn't be some carbed motor from the 50's in the most technologicly advanced car Toyota made at the time.

svnmpwr

BHG Inc.
Oct 16, 2007
Texas
Well how about i bring my car up to kennedale raceway near ft worth and you can meet me there, and I'll run your technologically advanced car with my carbed 50's motor?

svnmpwr

BHG Inc.
Oct 16, 2007
Texas
nick88;1489209 said:
No, I'll race you if you can make it up to the track at Kansas City.

That is, if you don't have to change the jets in your carb to come up here.

Ok, I'll be sure to bring you a couple spare headgaskets i have so you can make it back home.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
svnmpwr;1489223 said:
Ok, I'll be sure to bring you a couple spare headgaskets i have so you can make it back home.

Alright, I'll let you know your searching skills suck, especially when you should click on the link in my sig. to see that I have no use for said spare headgaskets.

svnmpwr

BHG Inc.
Oct 16, 2007
Texas
nick88;1489228 said:
Alright, I'll let you know your searching skills suck, especially when you should click on the link in my sig. to see that I have no use for said spare headgaskets.

Looks good, i love that interior.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
^^ Nice big bag o torque would be a helper :p

Lets stop all the shittalking before it gets outa hand.

And IJ., I still disagree. There are people here with the same level of builds that have not blown up like your threads. You get the attention because its you:p

svnmpwr

BHG Inc.
Oct 16, 2007
Texas
nick88;1489247 said:
Thanks.

How do you plan on running the fuel pump, tach, and all of the other electronics that are dependent on the stock ecu?

I have an aftermarket tach, and i also have a water temp and oil pressure for the pillar pod. Im putting the ecu and a chopped up harness back in the car, just so i can make the oil pressure and coolant temp work. I dont know a way to make the stock tach work though?

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
I can't remember how the guy did it in the car i rode in, but everything worked except the speedo. I should've bought that car.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
svnmpwr;1489198 said:
Well how about i bring my car up to kennedale raceway near ft worth and you can meet me there, and I'll run your technologically advanced car with my carbed 50's motor?

Hot damn Poodles, you just got called out son. I'd like to see this race go down. Vids too please.

svnmpwr: why not 406? You'd get more power under the curve. Would make a better dragstrip motor wouldn't it?

svnmpwr

BHG Inc.
Oct 16, 2007
Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1489329 said:
Hot damn Poodles, you just got called out son. I'd like to see this race go down. Vids too please.

svnmpwr: why not 406? You'd get more power under the curve. Would make a better dragstrip motor wouldn't it?

With a 3800 stall i dont really need low end power, and i wanted a high revving motor :naughty:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
foreverpsycotic;1489244 said:
^^ Nice big bag o torque would be a helper :p

Lets stop all the shittalking before it gets outa hand.

And IJ., I still disagree. There are people here with the same level of builds that have not blown up like your threads. You get the attention because its you:p

I could do a Geo Metro and people would still ahh and ohhh :p

It's NOT me it's the demented things I do :runaway:

Notice I'm NOT bagging the OP's build, I'd help out in any way I can as it's "different", if he want's need's my advice/help I'm here!

Tach should be easy enough for an instrument shop to get working again, please DON'T put 37 Monster tachs in it ;)