MK3 Classic Car Insurance for $12.50 a month

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Jspec7m88 said:
I pay about $80 a month.:nono:
153 a month for me... but i dont blame them. im still underage(im 17), my own policy and in ontario. we get raped by insurance co's. But classic plates here i come. i dont car if i dont get clasic car coverage, as logn asi can have them plates. or maybe i shoudkl wait until antique plates :evil2:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Proficio said:
I included the classic car in the $100(liability, 88T Supra). What details would you like? I have the policy in front of me.

so that is all it is, liability?

thanks but i will keep full coverage with my 250/500/250 coverage and 100 deductible. :)

Proficio

Better eat your Wheaties!
Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
figgie said:
so that is all it is, liability?

thanks but i will keep full coverage with my 250/500/250 coverage and 100 deductible. :)

As I stated before, I could upgrade to full coverage for $29 a month. I hardly drive the car at all right now(not finished) so liability is all I need.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
yea Curtis you suck..... freakin light car.... rebuilt motor.... low ins.... yup you suck :) now we need some track times and dyno numbers and your set!

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
I called my state farm agent yesterday about this, confirmed everything said here, especially the only driving it to car shows part. Said an adjuster would "investigate" the circumstances of your driving at the time of an accident and if you were found to not specifically coming from or going to a car show, your claim would be denied. So I would be real careful about just saying "yeah, only to car shows" to get coverage and then think that down the line you can just say you were heading to one when you get into an accident. I'll just keep paying the $60 a month for full coverage, and I only drive my car like 10 miles every other weekend right now. This would be more appropriately called "show car" insurance

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Red Dragon said:
I called my state farm agent yesterday about this, confirmed everything said here, especially the only driving it to car shows part. Said an adjuster would "investigate" the circumstances of your driving at the time of an accident and if you were found to not specifically coming from or going to a car show, your claim would be denied. So I would be real careful about just saying "yeah, only to car shows" to get coverage and then think that down the line you can just say you were heading to one when you get into an accident. I'll just keep paying the $60 a month for full coverage, and I only drive my car like 10 miles every other weekend right now. This would be more appropriately called "show car" insurance

thank you!!

THere is a reason insurance comapnies make hand over fist money and it is not because they are a bunch of dolts :)

Proficio

Better eat your Wheaties!
Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
Red Dragon said:

Excellent info!!!

My agent did not know enough about the coverage to be so specific. I'll take the risk though..........because I don't feel like there is any. I don't think I will have any issues with the adjuster if I ever get in an accident.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
I pay $11/month. That is FULL COVERAGE. I am not required to drive only to car shows. My agent said "drive a reasonable, occassional amount". I specifically asked about car shows and parades, that I would NOT be doing that, but that the car is my "toy" and I would be driving it in the summer mostly. I estimated 4k miles a year. That was ok with my agent. It is 250/500/250 with a 100 deductible, and value of car is placed at 4000, which is cool because I paid less than that. I understand people being hesitant, and reluctant, and that's cool. But I'm happy with my set-up. I have my Supra along with my '01 Celica, wifes Hyundai, my sport bike, my quad, my homeowners, and fire all with state farm so maybe I get a good break. Also 19 years with no accidents or tickets *knocks wood three times*. So I consider myself lucky as I don't have to pay out the schnozzola for insurance on my toy.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
bdashrad said:
unless you have a perfect driving record, you'll pay a TON more in insurance. competitive systems mean that they can deny you coverage if they feel like it, in massachusetts they can't. My dad is an insurance agent and we've discussed this, so i'm not just bs'ing. for example, if i was to move to new hampshire, the best i could do would be 7000/year, that's over three and a half times more than i pay now!

7000?? that's horrible, my cousin in NH pays 1400 for his Yukon, with not the best record. I've had no speeding tickets and 1 accident over 2 years ago. I know comp insurance will benefit me. I don't think it will skyrocket any higher than it can be now.

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
bdashrad....you pay $2000/yr now?!!! Holy Crap!!! With full coverage on all 4 of my vehicles I am still under $1000 a year. I'm counting my blessings right now. Maybe it is an advantage living in the boonies even if I am constantly dodging road apples from the Amish buggies! (everyday) and mud from farm equipment and deer and, well you get the picture.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
grsupra87 said:
bdashrad....you pay $2000/yr now?!!! Holy Crap!!! With full coverage on all 4 of my vehicles I am still under $1000 a year. I'm counting my blessings right now. Maybe it is an advantage living in the boonies even if I am constantly dodging road apples from the Amish buggies! (everyday) and mud from farm equipment and deer and, well you get the picture.

Lucky, I'm well over 4,000 a year with 2 vehicles, I'm probably paying more a month than you are a year.:cry:

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Hey guys,
Heidi here. Just thought I'd share the email I just got back from my state farm agent.
Hi Heidi,
I came up with some quotes for you for the supra. If we rated the value at $8,000 full coverage, it would be $12.38 per month, $9,000 with full coverage, $12.94 per month, and $10,000 full coverage it would be 13.49 per month. You can look those over and e-mail me back and let me know what you would like to do. Also, if you do decide on going through with one of these amounts i need a little information on the car to fill out the form.
First, they want to know about the condition of the supra. I know that in the pictures it looks like it's in excellent condition, but they require us to have you rate these items.

Please write either: needs repair, fair, good or excellent by each of these items:

paint:
Body:
Interior:
Tires:
Glass:
Engine:

Finally, we need to know if the engine is the original.

So go ahead and look over the rates and fill this info. out if you would like to go through with it. You can get back to me whenever is convenient for you. Look forward to hearing from you! Have a great day!!
That was all the info that they needed. I did not have to swear on my life that I would only drive it to shows and such. I told them it's a pleasure car and I only drive it when the weather is nice and when I hang out with other Supra freaks (i mean people, but don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about :naughty: ). For anyone who cares, these prices are for my 250/500/250 policy with a $500 deductible. Just thought I would share. I am extremely happy with my new policy and with State Farm. I would definitely recommend them to anyone with a clean enough record!
kyle87t said:
Does this apply to us Canadians?

Not looking so good for you guys...:3d_frown:
Proficio said:
Joel W said:
i thought the definition of a classic car was 25 yrs old? wtf?

I believe 20+ is classic and 25+ is antique.
Actually...it varies from state to state. Here in Oregon, 10 years old is considered a classic and 20 years old is an antique!
~Heidi

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
IHI-RHC7 said:
....I would definitely recommend them to anyone with a clean enough record!....

What would constitute a clean enough record? I have 1 speeding ticket early last year, 1 illegal u-turn ticket in october, and 1 at fault accident that happened last August

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Yeah, they definitely rock!
Hmm...I received two tickets about 1 1/2 years ago. One for speeding and the other for passing in a no-pass zone. Those two are the only tickets I've ever gotten (knock on wood) and they didn't affect my premium at all or my chances of receiving the classic car insurance. On the other hand, my brother got a ticket for speed racing and they promptly dropped him. The only thing I would be concerned about would be the at fault accident you had. It's definitely worth checking into though, in my opinion.