MK3 Classic Car Insurance for $12.50 a month

Proficio

Better eat your Wheaties!
Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
Some may of tuned in to my original thread on Supraforums about the classic car insurance I have obtained. I choose to revive the thread here on SupraMania because I have sworn off Supraforums because Ive had it with the site......................:icon_evil

Anyways, I obtained classic car insurance from State Farm on my 1988 Supra Turbo for only $12.50 a month, $69 for 6 months. Some were saying its only for limited mileage and this is true. The forms state that the insurance is for weekend usage for travel to and from shows, meets, etc.,. However, it does not state any specific mileage limitation. I choose to be honest and stated that I would be putting between 3-5k a year(not my daily driver). I thought I would be denied the coverage but, I received my policy today............sweet:biglaugh:. Is there a mileage limit? Well Im sure there is, even though they wont tell you. I can say for sure though that the limit is over 5k.

A little more background, this is a new policy, available as of January 1, 2006. It is for limited production vehicles older then 10 years.

EDIT: Oh yea, this is for liability w/ uninsured motorist. I can get the same policy upgraded to full coverage w/10k of coverage for 29 a month.

Last edited:

Proficio

Better eat your Wheaties!
Apr 4, 2005
Houston/Woodville
IHI-RHC7 said:
You are our Hero!!!!!

superman.gif

tomjan87

Apr 18, 2005
Madison, WI
Thank you, thank you thank you! I really hate paying 200 every 3 months just liability. 29 for full coverage, wow. and 12 for liability.

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
/\ don't lie canadians are not even real, ther just a figment of our emagination...j/k mate, any who this is a sick idea my uncle has it on his 73 triumph tr6...def looking into it soon.

bdashrad

Apr 7, 2005
Lowell, MA
supra90turbo said:
LOL. Seriously, that's the greatest thing I've ever heard. I can't wait to get me some classic plates too. hahaha

we can't get them in mass kurt... damn standard insurance rating system.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Ahh I hate Massachusetts. We better be getting competitive insurance here soon because I'm paying more a year that I did for my Supra:icon_mad:

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
hey do you have the exact name of the coverage? I have state farm and went in there a couple weeks back asking about something like this and they asked if i take my car to shows and i was like nope and they were like yea the best we can do for you is 260 for 6 months... thats with me having my dd insured with them as well and i told them i wouldnt be putting much miles on my supra

N

NDBoost

bigal0043 said:
hey do you have the exact name of the coverage? I have state farm and went in there a couple weeks back asking about something like this and they asked if i take my car to shows and i was like nope and they were like yea the best we can do for you is 260 for 6 months... thats with me having my dd insured with them as well and i told them i wouldnt be putting much miles on my supra
should of said yes lol..

i wonder how american family does this stuff.. ill check with my agent today :naughty:

N

NDBoost

grsupra87 said:
I have classic plates as well. Costs me $11 a month for full coverage. I am also with State Farm, but in Pa. Best thing I ever did (almost)
p152957_1.jpg
according to what he said he went to state farm and said id like to file for classic car insurance. They said ok, heres the info to register with the DMV for it and here is your discount.

I think in some states you even get discounts and exemptions on certain things at the DMV. Like dont have to file for emissions, pay a lower amount on registration etc etc..

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i would think u'd hafta go to the DMV first, then to statefarm and tell them u have a "classic car", i guess i can go to state farm and go ask them.

N

NDBoost

i would think alot of your discount is going to be based upon how big of a "risk" you are, how old you are etc..