Metal Heads Unite!

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

I am and always will be a metal head. The top band is
Iron Maiden got number of the beast in 1984. Saw them for the first time with WASP in Houston in 5th grade and just saw them last this summer. I saw 3 inches of Blood on Saturday and Dethklok last month. My tastes range from NWOBHM ( look it up) to Norwegian Black metal to crossover and punk. In my Top Playlists are

Ghost
Tsjuder legion Helvete
The Hookers Comp
Mastodon The hunter
Watain
Witchery
Turbonegro
Judas Priest screaming for vengeance

This is just the tip of the pitchfork. Horns Up.

Slayr504

Aug 16, 2012
Murica
mattsplat72;1900506 said:

I am and always will be a metal head. The top band is
Iron Maiden got number of the beast in 1984. Saw them for the first time with WASP in Houston in 5th grade and just saw them last this summer. I saw 3 inches of Blood on Saturday and Dethklok last month. My tastes range from NWOBHM ( look it up) to Norwegian Black metal to crossover and punk. In my Top Playlists are

Ghost
Tsjuder legion Helvete
The Hookers Comp
Mastodon The hunter
Watain
Witchery
Turbonegro
Judas Priest screaming for vengeance

This is just the tip of the pitchfork. Horns Up.
You saw Dethklok...therefore, I hate you -_-
Just kidding, I'm just super jealous xD

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Jayhall;1900487 said:
...I could probably go on and on all night about metal that I like, but one thing I really recommend for anyone reading this is a documentry called "Metal: A headbangers Journey" If you havent seen it already. Its done by an anthropologist Sam Dunn and hes actually almost local to me. But it is a very, very well written and exicuted film and I think it might be on netflix. He also did a follow up called Global Metal and has done two features one is called "Flight 666" and he goes on tour with Iron Maiden and the other is a special on Rush called "Beyond the lighted stage" Oh and if you want to see a great Ronnie James Dio interview, Sam Dunn was invited to Ronnies house for a follow up (headbangers journey)

Its worth mentioning that I am also a huge fan of hip hop too. Crazy combo but, it is what it is.
I've been meaning to watch that Flight 666 for a long while now. Girlfriend tends to like good documentaries too, so that might be a good movie night.

Nothing wrong with being a fan of hip hop either Jay. If you saw some of the shit that has made its way into my hard drive over the years. I might be musically schizophrenic. :rofl:

I am and always will be a metal head. The top band is Iron Maiden...
Of course Maiden is the top metal band ever. I still want to teach a history class using their songs as the basis/introduction to each period somewhere in time...

And for some reason, I always thought I was a bit older than you, but if you bought Number of the Beast back in 84, then I am very much mistaken.

...other stuff...
How was 3" of Blood? I friggin' love those guys. Odd to see the tiny little guy in the band being the one with the really deep growling voice haha.

Also, good to see someone else has heard of Turbonegro, was beginning to think my buddy made them up. :p

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
te72;1901797 said:
How was 3" of Blood? I friggin' love those guys. Odd to see the tiny little guy in the band being the one with the really deep growling voice haha.

I had that feeling when I saw danzing haha

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
BoostMonger;1901804 said:
I had that feeling when I saw danzing haha
[video=youtube;Ha1EcvliqZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha1EcvliqZQ[/video]