Megasquirt thread: Megasquirt and You

Sparky33

Sep 13, 2010
NJ
I know anti-lag will not work with the edis setup, im assuming it also will not work with the 24-1 cps mod either?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
From my research the some JZ's (i think its NA's and VVTI's) use a 36-2 crank trigger wheel. Would megasquirt be able to read this signal? I know 36-1 would work, but I dont know if the extra missing tooth would complicate things.

This is the trigger wheel I was hoping to use.
p1000648wm8.jpg

Also, has anyone been able to use the stock ignitor?

speedfreak426

Mar 31, 2008
Brighton, MI
I completely eliminated the OEM ignitor(because it's a garbage design) and I made my own coil ignitors inside the megasquirt case, works amazing.

My setup:
-7M-GTE from 91-92 Supra swapped into a 1977 Celica GT (RA29)
-MS2 V3 board, not the DIY PNP, I built this one myself.
-OEM coilpacks driven by 3 transistor ignitor circuits in the MS case, waste spark like factory.
-Working IAC valve, changed from unipolar to bipolar to make it function properly.
560cc EVO IX injectors, batch fired, wired directly to megasquirt using PWM to control. no added resistors even though they are LOW Z
-12-1 (24-2) CPS mod, works great. worked as 24-1 also
-57 trim CT
-Pump 93oct

I just did a quick n' dirty tune of the base VE map, and took a conservative guess at what the timing map might look like, never actually put any dyno work into tuning the timing... well not yet anyways, I have to wait for next spring.

After getting it all driveable, I went to the track and ran a 11.51 @ 122mph, and I never used the 2-step, so I should have a lot left in it, especially after I set the timing and up the boost some more!

Chef Jr

Apr 16, 2012
Virginia Beach Va
hello im new to the forms and yes i have used the search option but could get a real answer. Im using the 22re "VAST" set up for the stock 2jzge set-up.

The question is what is the batch firing order for the injectors on MS2 v3.0. From what ive gotten there all fired at once witch makes no since seeing as the friing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4.
What i was thinking is to firer the on two different batches/banks 1-5-3 6-2-4. Before i hook up the MS2 to the car this is the information i need.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Yes , I'm firing mine the same way too . Two stages, 1-5-3 / 2-4-6 . iirc.
You can do them either way - all at once or in batches . I think you could do them in three batches , but not sure what the Benefit would be if any.

ca91mkIII

May 23, 2012
Franklin
I know this thread was started over two years ago so I am not sure how much you guys know about MS3, but did the newest version take care of some of the issues of running MS2 on 7M electronics?

worm611

I am also interested in knowing this as well. Has anyone upgraded or installed to the MS3 or MS3 Pro?

I am also running a 7M and would like to not get into a total electronics swap if not needed. I would however like the option of the 2 step available.

Thank you!

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Actually you bring up a good point. I know the stock fuel injection system fired the injectors in pairs. Is there really that big of an advantage to full sequential firing? I didn't think it really made THAT big of a difference firing in batch vs sequential. But I could also be wrong.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
Ok im lazy so i didnt want to read all 4 pages (yes i know)....so i'll ask my questions here. I want to run my 2jzge-t on some 7m electronics. So i'm thinking of going with megasquirt. It needs to be a simple install so i would like to run a modified cps + edis6 + stock coil pack...is that a good idea? Also would ms1 be able to do this? Or is ms2 a must?

I was going to also modify the stock harness but it'd be best to use a diytune harness. Either way thanks in advance!

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
You can't run edis with cps. Edis is meant to read a 36-1 wheel driven off the crank. Cps is 24 teeth and driven at can speed. Edis will work with ms1. To run edis, you need to mount a ford trigger wheel on the harmonic balancer and the vr sensor as well. Megasquirt manual will talk about how to do it. If you are gonna run ms1, I would run the msns-extra code. It gives you a lot more options.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Best bet would be to run a all new harness from DIY. Make you own and use all the factory sensors.

Ms3 pro is out now as well. Same features as ms3x but in a smaller water proof box with water proof connectors. Can make a patch harness or run a new harness. I will be using that on my 91.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
I agree. You can buy per made harnesses from diyautotune.com for a reasonable price and then just hook your own sensors to them. Tuner studio even has the cal files for the Toyota coolant temp sensors. For intake temp on mine though, I'm using an iat sensor from a late 90s caddy with the north star v8. Found it in a junkyard and took it and the wiring harness for the sensor. They didn't even charge me for it. But yeah, every iteration of megasquirt is even better than the last. Especially since you can connect to with with your phone via Bluetooth now!