Masterpower Turbos The Lowdown Straight From The Dealers Mouth!

88supraTT

Oct 2, 2005
around the bend
on your turbos i notice alot of stage II and stage III next to them? is this just for generation identification or is there differances in turbochargers. also any updates on your ball bearing line up?

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
88supraTT;1055285 said:
on your turbos i notice alot of stage II and stage III next to them? is this just for generation identification or is there differances in turbochargers. also any updates on your ball bearing line up?

we currently doing away with that naming system, to answer your question the staged sequence denotes larger compressor wheels

Jimmysmk3

Banned
Apr 6, 2005
Oakhurst, NJ
i am currently running the t70 with a .68 housing and its working great for me. i see 19lbs just over 4000 with a vpc. i know mk3brent also had the t66 and i beleive spool was even quicker for him, maybe he'll chime in.

my question is are you going to be getting anything ball bearing?

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
Jimmysmk3;1055470 said:
i am currently running the t70 with a .68 housing and its working great for me. i see 19lbs just over 4000 with a vpc. i know mk3brent also had the t66 and i beleive spool was even quicker for him, maybe he'll chime in.

my question is are you going to be getting anything ball bearing?

Masterpower is currently testing ball bearing designs no word when they will be available maybe next year.

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
Ive been running a t70 for about 3 years now and i love it. Ive made 551hp with this turbo on pump gas. I should be in the 600 range with race fuel. It is pretty laggy on a intercooler setup like stock but once you go with a front facing intake manifold lke i did you will see extremely fast spool times.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
supra8795;1056026 said:
Ive been running a t70 for about 3 years now and i love it. Ive made 551hp with this turbo on pump gas. I should be in the 600 range with race fuel. It is pretty laggy on a intercooler setup like stock but once you go with a front facing intake manifold lke i did you will see extremely fast spool times.

Im guessing that was a .68 trim, did you notice the power drop off in the higher RPM when driving? i was looking at some dyno maps and they seem to peak quick and start dying off quick at about 5000

supra8795

Feb 26, 2006
Illinois
FullNelson;1056162 said:
Im guessing that was a .68 trim, did you notice the power drop off in the higher RPM when driving? i was looking at some dyno maps and they seem to peak quick and start dying off quick at about 5000

Nope not at all. I have 272 cams so my power keeps going all the way to the revlimiter. If i could get rid of that it would continue to pull till i let off the gas. Ive been running 25psi for awhile now and sometimes ill go to 30 with no problems.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
supra8795;1056382 said:
Nope not at all. I have 272 cams so my power keeps going all the way to the revlimiter. If i could get rid of that it would continue to pull till i let off the gas. Ive been running 25psi for awhile now and sometimes ill go to 30 with no problems.

How much of that do you think is tht cam? Did you ever have the T70 on a stock cam?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
FullNelson;1056162 said:

id like to see these maps if you could link them

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
I have received permission to offer the forum a group buy opportunity. I was wondering what turbos you guys would suggest. I was going to limit it to 3 different models, requiring a combined total of at least 10 orders to qualify for the price break. Any suggestions you might have will be very helpful, I am going to start it today at noon.