Masterpower Turbos The Lowdown Straight From The Dealers Mouth!

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
I have noticed many threads lately pertaining to Masterpower Turbochargers so I feel that it is necessary for you all to receive a definitive answer.

Let me first begin by introducing myself so you can understand how I know all this history. My name is Robert and I work for Masterpowers' US distribution center in Miami, FL.

Masterpower Turbos (MTs) are made in Brazil, this is also where there corporate headquarters is located.

Myth #1 the ebay scammer,
A good while back there was a man who shall remain nameless due to legal reasons that ran an ebay store by the name of SSAUTOCHROME. I'm sure you have seen it. Well this crook used to be one of MTs dealers, and this is why he is no longer a dealer. He took our best selling turbo the T-70 sent it to china had some crappy ass bottom of the barrel plant replicate it and then started selling it on ebay for half price all the while calling it a Masterpower Turbo. To this day we are still fighting hard to earn back the reputation we once had before this A-HOLE ruined it in a matter of a year. These turbo had unbalaned wheels, glued together compressor housings and where made with the wrong metallurgy which caused them to fail 99.999999% of the time. FYI he know calls them Super T-70's BEWARE!!!!!

Our state of business today,
We now have very stringent rules for all of our dealers, you act like a crook you don't get our turbos! Masterpower has now purchased its own warranty center located in Miami near the US distribution center. We are working hard everyday to develop new lines of Turbochargers, so you can have the right turbo for your combination without spending an arm and a leg!

Basically when you buy a Masterpower here is what you are getting: An affordable alternative to a Garrett, a 1 year warranty, and most importantly a great turbo that won't break the bank.

Moderators please read: This thread was not posted with selling in mind only to clear the name of my brand. Please do not delete.

Sincerely,

Robert J
call if you have questions about Masterpower or if you have a turbo that needs warranty work 252-562-3899.

Last edited:

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
If you are looking for a masterpower dealer well you just found him, 252-562-3899 call me I am glad to help you with your setups, I am available 24/7 I will spend as much time as it takes to get you the right part the first time

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
ModularTurbo;1040650 said:
If you are looking for a masterpower dealer well you just found him, 252-562-3899 call me I am glad to help you with your setups, I am available 24/7 I will spend as much time as it takes to get you the right part the first time

...can you get ahold of the compressor efficiency maps for everything that cranks between 300-600hp?

--BillyM

BillyM

MK2 + 7M = FUN
Mar 3, 2006
Greenville, SC
As much as I would love to call, I would rather EVERYONE benefit from the information (thus asking publicly). Compressor maps in your compressor housings would be a very nice start to proving masterpower to be a logical choice when picking between turbos. I'm a fan of cold hard data, and I for one like to plot my engines' needs across a compressor map before chunking down any change.

I'm not trying to put you between a rock and a hard place, and I'll understand if you can't distribute your compressor maps, just say so. I only ask because I think it would be benefitial to us as a community, and you as a distributor/seller.

--BillyM

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Any chance of becoming a supramania vendor and listing your appropriate turbos for the supra engines? I'm sure your t70's alone would sell well..:icon_bigg

ModularTurbo

MasterPower Rep
May 4, 2008
Homestead, FL
www.modularturbo.com
wiseco7mgt;1042040 said:
Any chance of becoming a supramania vendor and listing your appropriate turbos for the supra engines? I'm sure your t70's alone would sell well..:icon_bigg

As for the compressor maps, I talked to masterpower a month ago about them and they had just received the airflow dynamometer. They had assured me that as soon as they test their entire industrial turbo line that they would start measuring their performance turbo line. As soon as they are released you all can expect a full write up posted in this board.

In response to the question about becoming a vendor on this site I tried they said that they already have enough vendors I even tried to do a group buy for you guys and they said I didnt have enough posts. T70's normally go for 605.00 shipped I was ready and prepared to do a 10 man group buy at 565.00 shipped oh well :cry:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
ModularTurbo;1044256 said:
In response to the question about becoming a vendor on this site I tried they said that they already have enough vendors I even tried to do a group buy for you guys and they said I didnt have enough posts. T70's normally go for 605.00 shipped I was ready and prepared to do a 10 man group buy at 565.00 shipped oh well :cry:

*EDIT+UNDO* *EDIT+UNDO*

Damnit! why isn't this working!

BTW, do you have anything more around the size of a T66 with a .68 V-band housing