MAP ECU 2 Is it right for my setup goals???

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
IJ.;1399297 said:
IC is doing a good job then, do you log the Hotside IC temps?
(mine was 77c out of the turbo and 25c out of the IC @ 1bar)

no i have never logged the hotside.. would be interesting.
what ambient temp did you have then.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
IJ.;1399305 said:
20c that day.

It made 362rwhp @1 bar

ok thanks for the tips IJ. I will look in to the spark issue. Wich sparkplugs do you recommend?
I have tried to build with good cooling in mind. 99% of the air the fans sucks in goes through the ic. Have you tried to waterspray ic?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I was running NGK Coppers heat range 7 gapped at 22 thou.

No I try to run my car as I do in the real world and spraying the IC isn't really practical (or needed being a 4" core)

There are limits to what you can achieve using a piggyback as you don't really have full control and who knows what else is going on in the background?

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
"There are limits to what you can achieve using a piggyback as you don't really have full control and who knows what else is going on in the background? "

exactly. That has been bugging me all along on some matters.. i suspect. Cant wait to go stand alone now.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Never been a big fan of PiggyBack's once I learned how they do their thing ;)

Pretty well went standalone from the start and have worked my way through 3>4 different ones as I needed more advanced features

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
IJ.;1399297 said:
IC is doing a good job then, do you log the Hotside IC temps?
(mine was 77c out of the turbo and 25c out of the IC @ 1bar)

I'll second this, thats why I was asking about the ambient temp. Seemd like it was pretty nice IAT's.

IJ.;1399328 said:
Never been a big fan of PiggyBack's once I learned how they do their thing ;)

Pretty well went standalone from the start and have worked my way through 3>4 different ones as I needed more advanced features

:( well I already bought this one and im going to try and get the most out of it. I have seen 500+ hp with less than this, so its not out of the question. Will it be flawless and able to kill your monster....? Hell no, but it'll be enough for me to have fun in :)