MAP ECU 2 Is it right for my setup goals???

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
pln;1399210 said:
I think the logging function on mapecu2 is very good.. and about 2million times better then on mapecu1

yeah the logging looks pretty decent. Looks like the HP dip was from a boost dip, any idea why?

In any event keep up the good work! I hope to crack the 500rwhp with similar setup as yours.

Edit: also curious what was your ambient temp during the run?

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1399226 said:
yeah the logging looks pretty decent. Looks like the HP dip was from a boost dip, any idea why?

In any event keep up the good work! I hope to crack the 500rwhp with similar setup as yours.

thank you! i have some ideas i will test tomorrow. I dont think its related to the mapecu though. For me.. this is how far i will go with a piggy. I dont think its safe to aim for 500rwhp, i will go for a stand alone system when i disside to continue.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
IJ.;1399238 said:
Maybe spark blowout as it comes up to Tq peak, spark goes out and you drop boost and AF's change losing power.

hmmm interesting idea. Im not sure what kind of sparkplugs i´ve got. But i belived this could be an issue on much higher boost.. 1.5-1.6?

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
pln;1399234 said:
thank you! i have some ideas i will test tomorrow. I dont think its related to the mapecu though. For me.. this is how far i will go with a piggy. I dont think its safe to aim for 500rwhp, i will go for a stand alone system when i disside to continue.

I agree to a certain extent, I wouldnt do it with just any piggy back, but the MAP ECU2 is pretty advanced compared to a lot of piggybacks. Several MKIV's run them well past 500, but thats a slightly different case I suppose. If (more like when) I want more than the 500 I will upgrade to a standalone. Until then I think this will be right for me. I will be using the switchable map feature to run a hi and low setting and will run it at a much lower hp most of the time.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Try pulling the gaps down to 22 thou and see how it behaves.

I had this issue and had to drive the coils much harder on boost to get it through the miss zone, if you run good enough fuel adding some spark advace around there helps as well.

I don't really buy the boost controller solenoid over heating theory.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1399242 said:
I agree to a certain extent, I wouldnt do it with just any piggy back, but the MAP ECU2 is pretty advanced compared to a lot of piggybacks. Several MKIV's run them well past 500, but thats a slightly different case I suppose. If (more like when) I want more than the 500 I will upgrade to a standalone. Until then I think this will be right for me. I will be using the switchable map feature to run a hi and low setting and will run it at a much lower hp most of the time.

ok. Yes it would be fun to se someone make that number with mk3. I hope you make it.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
IJ.;1399243 said:
Try pulling the gaps down to 22 thou and see how it behaves.

I had this issue and had to drive the coils much harder on boost to get it through the miss zone, if you run good enough fuel adding some spark advace around there helps as well.

I don't really buy the boost controller solenoid over heating theory.

okey .. so you had simular dip as me. What boostlevel did you have then? Do you have standalone?
About the overheatingtheori, there was more to it. The last 2 runs the boost flatlined at 14psi.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Yep been fighting that dip since day 1

Standalone here

Probably heatsoaked everything by the last runs and the ecu may have been pulling some timing re the AIT's?

Go over your logs carefully and see what happened compared to earlier runs, pouring cold water onto the solenoid then a wet rag on it for the next run would have confirmed/dismissed the heat theory.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
IJ.;1399257 said:
Yep been fighting that dip since day 1

Standalone here

Probably heatsoaked everything by the last runs and the ecu may have been pulling some timing re the AIT's?

Go over your logs carefully and see what happened compared to earlier runs, pouring cold water onto the solenoid then a wet rag on it for the next run would have confirmed/dismissed the heat theory.

air temp where 31-32 all time. and watertemp (stock meter) where ok all time... but it gets warmer offcourse.
here is my last dyno on 4th gear and superflatline on 14.7psi. Same duty that resulted in 18psi the first run.

Attachments

• flatline.logg.jpg
    flatline.logg.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 11