Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jtamulis said:
okay let me get this straight, because I may have missed it. The MAFT-PRO
can do timing now too?

Jeff

reading the FAQ on MKIIItech.com is probably the easiest way to keep up to date.

the MAFT pro is the only device in existance that can monitor actual timing real time on the 7M.

timing control may be coming out later this yr....

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
drjonez said:
reading the FAQ on MKIIItech.com is probably the easiest way to keep up to date.

the MAFT pro is the only device in existance that can monitor actual timing real time on the 7M.

timing control may be coming out later this yr....

Do you think that the control will need another physical change (such as the circuit clipping), or just a software update? Or at this point you really couldnt say?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
outofstep said:
Do you think that the control will need another physical change (such as the circuit clipping), or just a software update? Or at this point you really couldnt say?

heh. i still can't understand why clipping ONE resistor is such a huge deal....but i digress...

as it stands now, the timing control will just be software....

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
heh. i still can't understand why clipping ONE resistor is such a huge deal....but i digress...

as it stands now, the timing control will just be software....
Adam I never said that this was a big deal, let alone "huge", all I said was that this mod was not mentioned before and I was under the impression that timing monitor would work without hacking the transistor board. That's all.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
adam-
ive checked fts forum, the manual, and the all mighty mkiiitech and cant find my answer...
when going into the a/f trim table, can you change the rpm setting? not sure why it has such a large resolution below 3k rpm. i would like to have more settings available in mid and high range. if you can change the rpm points, let me know how. i did learn how to move the whole curve + and - w/ one swift stroke ;)
thanks

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
The short answer here is no, Dave.
I had discussed this with Bob from FTS some time ago (before the unit was actually realesed) and he felt that the rpm points were adequate for any user, since the unit would interpolate between points. I had pointed out to him that the HKS S-AFR had the ability to change the rpm points. He felt that between the VE tables and the interpolation, there was no real need for the extra changes in rpm points.

Bob, if you are reading this, please comment.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
Ok The pro is up and running , Idles fine untill you hit the gas a little, than it acts like it wants to die????? Its currently set at the directions settings?????

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
thanks welly.
just seems kinda lame i cant change it around to how i want it. i just dont see the need for 6 of the 14 rpm points being below 3400 rpm. 7k and 7600k i dont need either. so out of the 14 possible bands i really have 6 that i care about.
regardless, im sure i can get it tuned in real nice. there are tons of adjustments otherwise and think it will work out great. just thought if it were possible to alter the rpm points i would.

quicksilver

Apr 16, 2005
owensville mo
I know its been addressed on here but I cant really find it. The BOV wont affect the IAT. sensor will it. I'm wanting to put it about 6 to 8 inches pre BOV.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
Maft P is saying that my tps= .44 volts released and 3.2 fully pressed, I looked everwhere but how or what is the best way to adjust the TPS , I looked at cygnusx1.net/ But that is not helping

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Looks like you folks are having some fun now with this, I hope I get the frequent customer discount plus a free install.

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread but do we have auto tuning using the ZT now? That and being able to monitor timing (datalog) will put me in.

Sorry for being lazy.