maftpro is working

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
turbobob said:
Ok, with V out1 mode = 0
and the V out 1 setpoint = 2.500 then you should have 2.5 volts on the brown wire (10 pin harness) all the time which feeds the ECU.

V out 2 setpoint should be 3.6 volts for the HAC sensor.

Are you setting stored codes, or are you seeing the Check Engine light turn on?

B

I checked the codes and I got 24, 32 is that the answer your looking for?

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
DRJ,
as far as my two codes

I have the Green wire from the 10 pin connector(Mpro) going to the Light green/red wire on the 24 Pin connector (ecu) and its placement is (looking from the front of ecu plug) Bottom 3rd wire from the right

I have the brown wire from the 10 pin connector(mpro) going to the Light green wire on the 24 pin (ecu) Its placement is Top 5th wire from the right

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I got a question:
Why does the maft harness' purple wire go to the VF connector? If that for the auto tuning feature?
Also, I never got the boost sensor for my zt-2, can I use the gm boost sensor's output?

Last edited:

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
I think all my stuff is hooked up right but the lack of help from the other Mpro user's has me thinking that That I could have saved money not doing all this, as I cant seem to get it to work. I cant seem to get anybody at FTS to respond............ I ask a question only to get a answer that the wire's are wrong but I cant seem to get a re- as far as how to make it right....

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jkbmkiii said:
DRJ,
as far as my two codes

I have the Green wire from the 10 pin connector(Mpro) going to the Light green/red wire on the 24 Pin connector (ecu) and its placement is (looking from the front of ecu plug) Bottom 3rd wire from the right

I have the brown wire from the 10 pin connector(mpro) going to the Light green wire on the 24 pin (ecu) Its placement is Top 5th wire from the right

no idea of your orientations, etc. make sure it's hooked up like this:

'89+
p199076_1.jpg

'87-'88
p199076_2.jpg

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
bigaaron said:
I got a question:
Why does the maft harness' purple wire go to the VF connector? If that for the auto tuning feature?

because you can log Vf then.....if you so desire. it's not required.

bigaaron said:
Also, I never got the boost sensor for my zt-2, can I use the gm boost sensor's output?

no idea. ask zeitronix or however you speeelll it.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
jkbmkiii said:
I think all my stuff is hooked up right but the lack of help from the other Mpro user's has me thinking that That I could have saved money not doing all this, as I cant seem to get it to work. I cant seem to get anybody at FTS to respond............ I ask a question only to get a answer that the wire's are wrong but I cant seem to get a re- as far as how to make it right....

i fail to see where the difficulty is. you have a mountain of resources at your disposal:

-you have 50 pages of q+a here
-you have the thread on SF
-you have the FAQ on MKIIItech.com
-you have the instruction manual
-you have the online TSRM
-you can get in touch w/me personally

installing and using the MAFT pro is no more difficult than installing any other piggyback. there are no secrets, no magic. if this install is out of the scope of your abilities, you should seek help- whether that be a local supra guy or a qualified shop.

i've reposted the install images above, they've been on this thread and the FAQ on mkiiitech.com for months....your wiring MUST be as above, if it's not then that is your problem.