maftpro is working

SuprAng

Garage Queen VV
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, ON
any timeframe on when the timing control will be implimented, or does it seem unlikely at this point?

slightly o/t but is a crank angle sensor the same think as a CPS?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
timing control ETA is unknown....timing monitor will be tested this afternoon.

crank angle sensor isn't the same thing as the 7M's CPS. they perform the same function, but the CPS has 3 sensors in it vs. 1 crank angle sensor....

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
This just in..........

Timing monitor is running on Dr Jones car.

In his usual fashion he wants to do some in-depth testing, take a bunch of pictures and put it thru its paces.

But, we are very close. It will be in the next version software which will get released in a week or 2.

Bob

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
turbobob said:
This just in..........

Timing monitor is running on Dr Jones car.

In his usual fashion he wants to do some in-depth testing, take a bunch of pictures and put it thru its paces.

But, we are very close. It will be in the next version software which will get released in a week or 2.

Bob

yessir, the timing monitor is nearly done!

yup, i'm anal and want some more testing time w/it.... :) very soon!

toml

Jul 24, 2005
Adelaide, Australia
... I got to page 8 and got sick of reading. :p

This is awesome - Great work to all involved and thanks for all the incredibly informative posts, Doc + turbobob!
Can't wait to see the timing monitor finished...

Couple of quick questions:
- My car is starting from stock, so I don't currently have a wideband - is there anything you guys would recommend as the 'best' to pair with the MAFT Pro?

- Any distributors / potential distributors in the Australia region?

- My car is just being rebuilt - would there be any advantage of adding the MAFT Pro, MAP sensor, IAT, boost controller, etc whilst rebuilding the engine - or is it just as easy/beneficial to add later, after its running again?

ps. Dev PICS of the timing monitor! :p

Last edited:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
toml said:
... I got to page 8 and got sick of reading. :p

This is awesome - Great work to all involved and thanks for all the incredibly informative posts, Doc + turbobob!
Can't wait to see the timing monitor finished...

thanks!

toml said:
Couple of quick questions:
- My car is starting from stock, so I don't currently have a wideband - is there anything you guys would recommend as the 'best' to pair with the MAFT Pro?

innovative's stuff works pretty well and fullthrottlespeed sells them too...

toml said:
- Any distributors / potential distributors in the Australia region?

not in AU directly, but i'll ship to AU. ;)

toml said:
- My car is just being rebuilt - would there be any advantage of adding the MAFT Pro, MAP sensor, IAT, boost controller, etc whilst rebuilding the engine - or is it just as easy/beneficial to add later, after its running again?

i don't know that there's specifically an advantage to adding it now, other than being able to easily run wires, etc. no problems installing it and running it @ start up.....since it's just a piggyback, leave the corrections @ 0 and it's just like stock.

toml said:
ps. Dev PICS of the timing monitor! :p

in good time. i'm out of state for a week......vacation!

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Ok Doc I know that it has taken much longer than I expected but I'll be soon ready to purchase the maft pro, maybe even next week. I will be buying a wideband o2 sensor too and after having double checked with Bob I know that the Zeitronix unit will be compatible. My question is if you actually sell the Zeitronix ZT2 with the LCD unit? Or if you don't who would you recommend?