lol

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
7MGTEJoe - gooood call, my friend! i stand corrected. :)

-shaeff

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
not to jack this but just as gay as someone saying "intercooled turbo" is when people brag about having a "twin-cam", like the older what are they camry's?? with teh bigass sticker on the side that says "twin-cam", the stock sticker.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
americanjebus said:
not to jack this but just as gay as someone saying "intercooled turbo" is when people brag about having a "twin-cam", like the older what are they camry's?? with teh bigass sticker on the side that says "twin-cam", the stock sticker.

My Corolla has a Twin Cam! WOOT LOOK AT ME! :)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
IJ. said:
<looking at Jeff> ;)

Look, I even got new door decals to replace the old ones when I paint the car: I like bragging that my car has Twin Cam ;), it's what makes it the "good" Corolla ;). It's not that it has Twin Cam that makes it good, as there were poopy newer Corollas with Twin Cam, but an 86 GT-S is quite the car ;).
door_decals.jpg

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Heh... the other day I saw an "GT-R" sticker on a Civic.

As for the heat you get when you compress air, it's a pretty simple principle. Say you have 90 degrees worth of energy for every cubic inch of air. Now say you cram twice the air in that same space -- boom, twice the energy (*temperature*).

I know that's an oversimplification, but don't look at me -- I'm not a physicist. ;P

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
IJ. said:
LOL whoo hoo go Jeff there's a couple a tenths in the 1/4 for sure!

(would be faster if they were V-Tec ones though) ;)

LOL

I'm restoring the car, I couldn't not get them to put back on. Then it would just look like an SR5, and I couldn't have that ;).

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
My Sister had an 87 AWD wagon that was damn fun to drive until I rodknocked it on a Freeway on ramp ;)!

If it had 100 more HP it would have been a killer as it hooked up so well!

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Heh, I'm hoping to have a bit over 200hp out of my Corolla once I get the engine swap done, but that's a long way off. (It's getting a 4A-GZE -- 170hp stock, and upping the boost should put me up even more, combined with intake/exhaust and cams, it should go pretty well. :))

Here's a pic of my car right now, it looks a bit better in this pic than it actually looks, but it'll look better than that pic in a few months (hopefully, lol):
exterior1.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i like the wheels. i bet a set of mkII wheels would look good on there, too. jeff, you have two beautiful cars. aaaaaannnd the thread has lost direction. :)

-shaeff

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Jeff Lange said:
Heh, I'm hoping to have a bit over 200hp out of my Corolla once I get the engine swap done, but that's a long way off. (It's getting a 4A-GZE -- 170hp stock, and upping the boost should put me up even more, combined with intake/exhaust and cams, it should go pretty well. :))

Here's a pic of my car right now, it looks a bit better in this pic than it actually looks, but it'll look better than that pic in a few months (hopefully, lol):
exterior1.jpg
Goddamnit, Jeff! How many times did I tell you to stop hijacking threads with talks of you Corolla! LOL
Hey at least we are using the tread as it was intended: humor (it is titled lol).

I wonder who mentions their other machine more: Jeff mentioning his Corolla, or me mentioning my bike -- there, I just did it again! -- I said bike.
Well that's all, but I will leave you...with my sig to look at:p

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
IJ. said:
What do they weigh?

Mine weighs a bit under 2400lbs.

As far as wheels go, yeah, MK2 wheels look pretty good on these cars, but it's okay, I'm not going that direction. I'm getting these wheels reconditioned then picking up new center caps from Toyota.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this thread belongs in OT. I'm moving it ;).

L

lanky189

i can't beleiv i just read all of that.

also.. Dodge has quite a few non-intercooled turbo'd cars. Rampage, Lebaron, Town Car, all of these where turbo'd minus intercooler at one point.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
lanky189 said:
i can't beleiv i just read all of that.

also.. Dodge has quite a few non-intercooled turbo'd cars. Rampage, Lebaron, Town Car, all of these where turbo'd minus intercooler at one point.

I'll always have a warm place in my heart for the mini-mopars -- I learned to drive in an '88 Turbo II (intercooled) LeBaron.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/22t.html

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/the_reliant.html <--LOL! Watch the vids! He races a MKIV turbo Supra in one of them.

I'm still trying to convince my dad to let me run his LeBaron at IRP.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Jeff Lange said:
Mine weighs a bit under 2400lbs.

As far as wheels go, yeah, MK2 wheels look pretty good on these cars, but it's okay, I'm not going that direction. I'm getting these wheels reconditioned then picking up new center caps from Toyota.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this thread belongs in OT. I'm moving it ;).
Be real nice with 200 :)

Another Q: is it rear or front drive? (watch me get flammed for not having a clue about what seems a very popular car)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
IJ. said:
Be real nice with 200 :)

Another Q: is it rear or front drive? (watch me get flammed for not having a clue about what seems a very popular car)

RWD. It was the last RWD Corolla before they went to totally FWD. (Well, 87 was the last year, but it's the same car).