Let me see your trunks!

Solle

MKIII drift3r
Nov 5, 2007
St.Louis MO
www.driftstl.com
shenronzero;927287 said:
i think i have everyone beat in audio i have four 12'' woofers and four 6x9's in the trunk then i took out the back seat and installed two amps and a spare battery

p937228_1.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!!

thats amazing

you got some junk up in yo trunk

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I have no idea how that Dragonball Z pic has anything whatsoever to do with building an audio system...

I plan on re-doing my hatch soon... Hopefully I'll be able to post pics soon.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
Dan_Gyoba;968364 said:
I have no idea how that Dragonball Z pic has anything whatsoever to do with building an audio system...

I plan on re-doing my hatch soon... Hopefully I'll be able to post pics soon.

its just a funny play on words... the name of the thread is let me see your trunks and that character from DBZ is named Trunks... i dont know i got a good kick out of it.

philly mkIII

Jan 3, 2008
philly pa
here is mine had the spare removed and used the spare well for the sub enclosure. the whole thing sits about 3in about the hatch floor and the targa top fits with room to spare

Attachments

• IMG_0051 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0051 - Copy.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 180
vas85;896154 said:

I will have the amp remounted properly probably relocated, but that's where it is at the moment, it's a 4x100 watt rms amp with the 6by9s which are 100watt rms themselves. I have a 8inch sub im installing with two channels bridged in a fibreglass enclosure.

Here's a pic looking at the rear from the drivers door.

[/URL]

Hi, i am using your set up for my sup...audio set up. I loved it when i first saw it. Ok... I have pioneer speakers the 6by9s now I want to make that setup you have... what kind of wood??? how did you get it to stay where it is now.. wht happened to your cargo cover if any?? I also already have my sub. In a long bazooka... and i also have a nice wood box/case for it also....

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Diana:

That's a fairly simple setup, but it has some drawbacks.

1. The 6X9 speaakers don't seem to be fully baffled, that is, it appears that the rear part of the speakers is just open. I'd recommend putting hte speaker in an enclosed box, for best effect. (This can certainly be done with similar looks, you just need to have a box underneath.

2. For that kind of setup, I'd probably use 1/2" plywood for the board. Inexpensive and simple. The padding and upholstering will make the wood type relatively unimportant.

3. The cargo cover's mounts are visible in the top picture. There's nothing in them, so that's been removed. It does look, however, as though it could be reinstalled, and it would just go over the speakers.

I'm not a fan of rear speakers, particularly not in this car. I spent a lot of time tweaking to get them to sound good, but found that things sounded by far the best when the rear speakers were just removed. Your opinion may vary. 6X9s are nice because of the large cone area. Coupled with a good enclosure they can get decent bass, rivalling some 8" woofers in some cases.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
You guys with the big sub boxes using the spare tire area, a question for you, do you guys all have a really good AAA card or do you all have run flat tires.

I am not hating, have been wanting to do something similar to alot of the really nice set-ups in this thread.

Thought I would need to use the rear seats for some of it and make it a two seater. Waiting for my kids to get a little older so won't need the rear seats.
We are almost there, real close, probably closer since seeing this thread!!!

Wayne

Dutch7m

7m for live
Jun 3, 2007
The Netherlands
shenronzero;969221 said:
its just a funny play on words... the name of the thread is let me see your trunks and that character from DBZ is named Trunks... i dont know i got a good kick out of it.

you are right sir.