Let me see your trunks!

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
dirgle said:
It's not a 1900 watt amp. It's an ALMANI PA900.2, it's a bargin basement amp. It can't even produce its claimed 900 watts at 1 ohm. The amp just doesn't have the back bone for that much power at 1 ohm. In the real world the best it can do is maybe 720 watts at 2 ohms of unclean, speaker destroying, bridged power. It's just another SPL special from china. It's only designed to produce sound pressure, not actual sound, at the cost of ruining any speakers you hookup to it in short order. I'm not sure where he got 1900 watts.

like i said before, i have anew amp, i picked that one up until i could get my rockford fosgate in from ebay... i'll try to take some pics of the new system today and post.

just takes time
Dec 16, 2005
n.c.
if you can deal with it u can loose the spare tire and cover panel and fit almost anything u wont in the trunk. the targa top still fits and looks really clean.i used a single 12"

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
audioman81 said:
here is mine. i love the way it sounds, but would like to do more dragracing so i was thinking of selling it. pm me if interested-
yup, the targa fits and it sounds even louder with it back there.
jl audio 10w7 and alpine 1000watt rms amp, custom fiberglass box i made a couple years ago.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p547242_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

That's sick man! First time I've seen a w7 in a supra... That's the sub I'm going to be going with once I upgrade my system (after the motorswap, suspension, after the new rims/tires, after the interior, after the paint)... 12" JL w7 powered by a JL 1000/1 amp. Currently I'm just running a 12"w0 off of a JL e1200 amp in a custom built box tuned for 36hz.. sounds fine for now hehe... running two of those w0's in an isobaric (sp?) setup I hit 136db at 36hz... exactly what I tuned it for on the computer.. fun stuff!

Last edited:

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
its a capacitor in the middle of 2 12's... the capacitor is used to help the strain of power whe it hits hard. ever seen lights dim in a car when the radio is turned up? the subs use the power off the cap so my car doesnt dim. :biglaugh:

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
75lb fiber glass box fits flush in the spare tire well...going to be stuffing them with 2 id max's and a 1000w 2ch amp or maybe 2 monoblocks...and a cap..and itll be recarpeted in black :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
JonnyRedline said:
75lb fiber glass box fits flush in the spare tire well...going to be stuffing them with 2 id max's and a 1000w 2ch amp or maybe 2 monoblocks...and a cap..and itll be recarpeted in black :)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

nice! thats alot like mine above, but I didnt want to have to cut out the spare tire mount. do you have a pic of what the spare well looks like now after removing it? the bottom of your sub box looks flat, did you cut out the whole thing and make the bottom of the well flat?

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
its for 2 10" subs...i dont really like 12's anyways as its a little overkill for my taste...but i think this box should sound very nice with some decent subs and power.

yeah i did cut the bottom mount out with a dremel...i have triple A plus so i dont really need a spare tire if i ever get a flat haha...i tried fitting it into the well but the bottom of the carpeted wood frame touches the back of the trunk..so if you look at the top pic where that little notch is on the bottom right of the box, thats where i need to cut straight across so it can fit perfectly.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
swaq said:
Heh, I meant to phrase that differently. I was going to ask if you had a targa... Anyway, here's mine:

IMG_2399.JPG

Swaq, where is your spare tyre enclosure in the trunk? Or did you replace it for a 'econo' tyre and flatten it all down...???

I'm also going to be doing a setup for my Supra which should be completed approx in 1month. It wont be a crazy setup but I will have the Supra logo in the trunk ;) all made with fibre glass the enclosures, custom back seat side speakers... and all in gloss black, to complement my cars outside.

The way I'll be doing it will give more than ample room for the Aero to slot in, wont have nothing in the way at all.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
vas85 said:
Swaq, where is your spare tyre enclosure in the trunk? Or did you replace it for a 'econo' tyre and flatten it all down...???

I'm also going to be doing a setup for my Supra which should be completed approx in 1month. It wont be a crazy setup but I will have the Supra logo in the trunk ;) all made with fibre glass the enclosures, custom back seat side speakers... and all in gloss black, to complement my cars outside.

The way I'll be doing it will give more than ample room for the Aero to slot in, wont have nothing in the way at all.

It's all stock, I believe. The previous owner set that all up though.

bgrieger

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto
Small woofer -8"-, but everything fits like stock. Spare, targa, tire change tools and all that jazz. It won't push your head intot he windshield, but gives a nice bump that fills the low end nicely. The amp, xover and a relay arrangement are mounted behind the seats in those enclosures. The 2 black spots are a couple of fans to help cool things as they are pretty tightly contained.

Some pics before the battery relocation, some after. You get the idea...
p558137_1.jpg

p558137_2.jpg

p558137_3.jpg

p558137_4.jpg