JT2MA71's Build. Dyno video on post # 1191

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ.;951585 said:
#2 and #4 could use a little extra fuel ;)

Where does your speed sensor read from?
<edit> Ahh I see it's coming off the Mux, was trying to see what was wheelspin and what was road speed, I use all of the Digi's for wheelspeed instead of a Mux.

<edit> Just noticed how rich/fat it was during that run :aigo:

Gonna be a handful when it's leaned out!!

I was talking to Ron last night and sounded like he can't wait to get this on the dyno! :icon_bigg Give me a ring and I will be down to see the car strapped down bud.

Duane

Timma

Jul 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ron, one of the most inspiring toyota builds i've seen, glad to see its coming together for ya, sounds awesome. Time to hook up that wastegate. I'm impressed by those logs readouts, guess you get what you pay for with a motec.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
turbogate;951800 said:
Ron, I just have to ask. Being the perfectionist that you are, which spark plugs do you have in this beast? Or do you even run old technology called spark plugs :biglaugh: I hear with the Motec, you don't need spark plugs anymore, lol j/k

Cant wait to see a full throttle video.

i'm using stock plugs from toyota. As soon as it overboosted, I checked them to make sure they are all intact :) Thanks to the ign map and rich fuel map.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
Timma;951831 said:
Ron, one of the most inspiring toyota builds i've seen, glad to see its coming together for ya, sounds awesome. Time to hook up that wastegate. I'm impressed by those logs readouts, guess you get what you pay for with a motec.

Thank you! wastegate will be hooked up soon :)

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
dyno vid! all this talk about how its coming along and no pics or vids.... dammit I can't read! I need pictures to look at.

sorry still kinda not awake......

jnianekeo

Oct 27, 2005
Mill Creek, WA
Looks even better in person... :love:

Hey Ron, I finally found your thread. muhahaha... I'm not even sure if you remember me, I picked up that 1j from Nate, and you would probably recognize my forum name. But, yah, hope all is well. Again, your work is amazing.

-Josh

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
jnianekeo;953202 said:
Looks even better in person... :love:

Hey Ron, I finally found your thread. muhahaha... I'm not even sure if you remember me, I picked up that 1j from Nate, and you would probably recognize my forum name. But, yah, hope all is well. Again, your work is amazing.

-Josh

Hey Josh, yeah I remember you :)

Anyway, one little change since my last post. Ditched the cf top engine cover and went with painted stock one which I think looks a lot better. Ron

03192008267.jpg

03192008272.jpg

Next post hopefully will have some dyno numbers.

TuRbOdReAmZ87

Supramania Regular
Feb 2, 2007
Southern mass
www.cardomain.com
jt2ma71;949547 said:
lol Duane, you're funny!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Anyway, here's a dash cam video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxLqtVd-7c

Hey that was a good video. I am in love with your supra!! Seriously. :love:

But i had a few questions.

1. What kind of bov do you have?
2. Is the turbo back exhaust painted gold? I saw a pic in another thread.
3. How did you get the radiator to be lower than it normally is?
4. Where did you get those SS Braided lines and hoses? Or whatever they are. I like them a lot.

Thanks. Love your car. Keep up the awesome work! :icon_surp

- Chad aka Turbodreamz..