jdmfreak's A NEW BEGINNING (BUILD THREAD)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Hello all,

So to start at the beginning, long story short
I got my first supra in trade for my 1991 toyota 4-runner (3vze 35" tires)

the runner :

first supra 88 targa turbo:
p1969416_2.png

after fixing enough of the previous owners stupidity(such as using a air compressor regulator as a boost controller and punching the cat "out" or rather into the muffler)and having it running good got dreaded rod knock!!!! so i planned on rebuilding the 7mgte with the help of my roommate who then stole my build money .

luckily i had recently met someone who was building a mk2 supra with a 7m. He was bored with the project and parting it out, so i purchased from him a fresh 7mgte longblock,mpt70 turbo,t4 manifold,exhaust pipe, wastegate, bov, intercooler with pipes, walbro255,aeromotive fpr,and ss clutch line. I then purchased a maft-pro and with the help of charles (gottadiesel) got her running good (still had stock injectors so i wasnt running much boost)

Then ..........while boosting up a hill the vacuum line popped off my wastegate (supra hit warp speed) and i melted a piston:( I did drive it for a couple months unsure of exactly why she was smoking soo much

So there i was..... wondering where to go from there ...i had already dumped heaps of money under the hood of this car that had a salvaged title,thrashed interior, and bondo starting to pop my paint around the door handle.........

i purchased a $600 DD (94 eclipse) and began looking for a clean shell

i found my clean 90 turbo shell in march of 2011 and began planning. I knew i wanted to overbuild this one. so the planning began...

when my eclipse was on its last leg i sold it and purchased a 7mge engine off craigslist and began driving the 90 supra

I am currently N/A So this is the new beginning...............

current picture

the current plan is

mpt70 turbo (purchased)
t4 manifold (purchased)
wastegate (purchased)
tial bov (purchased)
large intercooler+2.5in pipes (purchased)
plan on making my own exhaust
walbro 400 lph fuel pump (purchased)
eagle rods (purchased)
je or wiseco forged pistons
hks mhg
arp studs(purchased)
clevite bearings
ID injectors 1000cc w/clips
clutch ???not sure which one
megasquirt 3xtra w/mapdaddy 4(purchased)
wiring harness (purchased)
Knock module for ms3 (purchased)
iat sensor (purchased)
innovate wideband (purchased)
boost solinoid (purchased)
ss one peice DRIVELINE (purchased)
bc 264 cams
cry02 intercooler sprayer(purchased)
Megan track coilovers
valve springs and retainers
Oil squirters
Freeze plugs
larger oil cooler (purchased)
ls2coils(purchased)
Ffim(purchased)
longer throttle cable
sealed battery box and welding leads
bracket to drop alternator enough to clear intake while retaining ac......

Last edited:

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
u5a9u8ej.jpg

Tonight I got the ms3 board built to the "basic level" I would be ready to test it except they forgot to include one resistor :-\ so I might have to try and find one tomorrow

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Yeah i've been enjoying watching you build that thing in the what have you done to your supra today thread. the wheels look nice. I'm subscribing now. Don't leave me hanging in 6 months ;)

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
atmperformance;1969422 said:
Yeah i've been enjoying watching you build that thing in the what have you done to your supra today thread. the wheels look nice. I'm subscribing now. Don't leave me hanging in 6 months ;)
I have held off on starting this thread until now when everything actually feels like it will become reality :p i will definitely be keeping this thread updated

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Are you going to make a patch harness?

Might be better to just make a whole new harness with. 12' one from diy.

Then run seq fuel and ign using 1zz smart coils.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
I am going to order a 12ft ms3 harness and a 12f ms3x harness so I could go that route very easily

Where is the best place to pick up some 1zz-fe coils? Local parts store??

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Well I've been working on getting all the kinks worked out.. Tracked down my power steering leak to the flexible section of the high pressure line... Replaced it with one off my parts car which turned out to have a hole in the same freaking spot :-\ anyway I noticed my 90 doesn't have a steering damper while my 88 does why did they do away with it?? Or am I supposed to have one? It doesn't have anywhere to mount???

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Received my wiring harnesses today as well as my boost control valve, intake temp sensor, tuning cable, and my knock control board for the ms3

I installed the knock control module and closed the megasquirt case should be good to go:)