Indiana Supras (meet June 3rd at IRP - be there!)

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
My thinking was have the Drag Racing event up there on Fri night as you guys were talking about. On Sat have the Dyno, Show n Shine & BBQ in Louisville. We only have an 1/8th mile track in our area. I'm working on getting sponsership so I can have a free Raffel & maybe Dyno prizes.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Steve_N said:
My thinking was have the Drag Racing event up there on Fri night as you guys were talking about. On Sat have the Dyno, Show n Shine & BBQ in Louisville. We only have an 1/8th mile track in our area. I'm working on getting sponsership so I can have a free Raffel & maybe Dyno prizes.

I would be ok with that, but I think there might be a few folks that have their heart set on a Hooters in Indy. If you have an SF membership, I would recommend putting it up for question here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278282

The only caveat is that if I don't have my driveshaft replaced by then, driving down to Louiseville might be pushing my luck. :)

Hopefully I will, though, and it won't be an issue.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Glad to hear it man.

That's a bargain on those MKII's -- if I had the cash, I'd go for it. Now if only I could get my hands on a totalled out MKIV TT/6sp without having to sell parts of my body I'd rather remain attached to, we could offer a package deal with your 84 and my 7MGTE+tired R154. :)

mkiiSupraMan18 said:
lol
Thx Eriol, I locked/unlocked it from the outside, fired right up.

We have what, 30 days left, we'll figure something out. :icon_wink

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1338

Someone buy 'em!

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
I think that whomever can go to kentucky should go there. But if you cant make it allt he way down there.. go to indy. Personally i cant make it to kentucky, but I am going to indy on fri and sat. Just post which meet you can attend.
Friday -- IRP
Sat -- Hooters

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I'm doing both, like I said, my last meet for a while, I wanna go out with a bang, not a fizzle.

So I absolutley HAVE to have a friggin battery tiedown? that is so friggin gay.

Anywho, who wants a run at the '82, runs are starting in the low $20's. :icon_mrgr

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Dude, use a bungy on your battery. The car came with a metal holder thing anyway (what did you do with it?)

I am thinking they just want it secured somehow.

Anyway, I have decided to make the track in Indy on Friday, grab a room there and go to KY on Sat.

Looking forward to seeing who ever shows. I do want comfirmation that there will be some Supras at Indy though. I don't want to drive there without having some folks to hook up with.

Dan

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
I'll be here -- I live here! :)

There wasn't a battery tie-down with the car when I bought it. I was going to try to jimmy-rig something out of Home Depot's inventory, but I didn't really see anything under the battery to clamp to. Right now I'm looking at making some clamps that bolt through the two holes in the cross-piece in front of the battery.

That's why I'd like to look at someone else's Supra -- I want to see how the stock bracket works!

Blue87T(Dan) said:
Dude, use a bungy on your battery. The car came with a metal holder thing anyway (what did you do with it?)

I am thinking they just want it secured somehow.

Anyway, I have decided to make the track in Indy on Friday, grab a room there and go to KY on Sat.

Looking forward to seeing who ever shows. I do want comfirmation that there will be some Supras at Indy though. I don't want to drive there without having some folks to hook up with.

Dan

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
oneandgone said:
Hehe, It's not that much fun to change that bearing either. I'd reccomend getting ahold of Bob at www.mid-westsuprastore.com and ordering an aluminum one. Saves weight, no bearing to wear out=good investment in the long run.

Well, Bob's taking too long to get back to me, so I guess I'll prolly order the Suprasport one if they have them in stock. (gotta have it installed by June 3rd, after all!)

BTW, I installed that gas tank yesterday -- TREMENDOUS improvement! Thanks a ton, man. Two wierd things that are different between my old one and the one I bought off you: My fuel pump bracket had a plug where yours was just a long wire, and my fill tube was a little fatter than yours, so that yours doesn't quite fit in my fill-tube hole. The tank fits and works great, though -- thanks!

How's your tranny coming along?

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Bob's in the process of moving right now, so he's really busy. Poor timing on our part I guess.

I had cut that plug off when I installed the Walbro pump a long time ago. I thought I mentioned that you would need to splice it in, but I may be wrong. As for the fill tube I never would have thought they would have changed the design on those. I guess you never know! lol! Regardless, I'm glad it's all working out well for you.

Trans is in the car, I'm just waiting on my drive shaft which should be here before the weekend. Whoot!

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Sorry to hear about Bob moving. I haven't ordered the one from Suprasport yet -- if I knew I could drive up there and pick one up in a week or two, and the price was reasonable, I'd buy one off him. Deadline's approaching, though...

I think you did tell me about the wires, actually, I had just forgotten. That's fine, though -- I just swapped my old one over, pump and all.

This car is starting to get properly fast. Now I can't wait until I can get this installed: :D

Attachments

• IM003297.JPG
    IM003297.JPG
    384 KB · Views: 8

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
oneandgone said:
Hehe, that's going to be soooo loud! lol! Is that uncoated mild steel? If so you may consider sending it in for ceramicoating. Hell, even if it's SS it's still not a bad idea.
QUOTE]

It is uncoated mild steel. I was actually wondering exactly that -- how I would go about getting it ceramic coated.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
oneandgone said:
We have a place in Chicago that does some parts for us. I'll get their # for you asap.

Cool, thanks man!

mkiiSupraMan18 said:
I'm game on the 3rd... anyone been keeping track of the KY portion of the meet? I know I havent.

Yup, they just nailed down the itenerary: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279594&p=3054811

I'm thinking I'm going to attend the dinner at Hooters here in Indy Saturday afternoon, and then drive down to Louiseville afterward.

I'll update the first post.