Indiana Supras (meet June 3rd at IRP - be there!)

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I'm always up for a trip to edgewater. I know I can get quite a few other guys (non-supras) to go also, so it'll be a good time anyway. If you ever want to go, just PM me or post up on the mid-west forum, I check it almost everyday. :icon_wink

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hey, Matt or MDC (or anyone else close to Indianapolis) -- are you batteries bolted/clamped down somehow? If so, would it be OK if I stopped by sometime to see how it's retained? I need to bolt mine down somehow to make it IRP compliant, but I'm not seeing many ways to do so.

I talked to a couple of guys that race in the street legal events -- they told m that you get your cars teched in the staging lanes right before you race. That guy that told me differently must have been smoking crack (or thought I was trying to run in a pro class, since I showed up on a pro racing day). So it looks like IRP is still an option.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Battery tie-down.... wtf? Who uses those? psshhh.... Leave it off and save the 2 oz... Mine's never been bolted down, and I've dragged quite a few times. :icon_mrgr

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
SupraDupra500 said:
Hey I was referred to this thread by Jon B.. on supraforums I was trying to get a meet put together for the weekend of the 3rd or the next weekend. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278282
If anyone's interested in making this a 2 day event just say so. I'll check back often. Thanks!

Sure. How does racing Friday and food on Saturday sound?

I would not be able to attend any meets the week before or the week after June 3rd (unless they were on a Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday).

SupraDupra500

Apr 29, 2005
Terre Haute, Indiana
Hey it sounds good to me.. I'm just itching to meet up with a bunch of Supras in general. Ihavent been to a supra meet in over a year. I have a couple of people that might go with me on Sat. since I will be going home Friday night. (cheaper than a hotel)

Lets set a date guys! Lots of people are interested in this on SupraForums and want a date! We can make this a decent meet.

Josh

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
I've never been to a Supra meet. :)

Friday the third and Saturday the fourth are fine with me.

Is there anybody that would like to race, but hasn't been planning on it because of IRP's rules? (besides Grant... he's too far gone) ;)

I might try to fabricate some battery clamps... if I can't figure out how the stock ones work, I may try to have someone fabricate a couple of brackets that would bolt into a couple of holes in that metal piece that runs across the front of the engine bay.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
BTW, Grant -- you were right, that thunking is my carrier bearing going out. I can move my driveshaft about half an inch in every direction from center.

Hmm....
-replacement bearing, $130
-one-piece aluminum driveshaft, $450
-one-piece carbon fiber driveshaft, $740

Decisions...

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hmm... If it'll get more people to show up or race, I'd be up for it.

I really just want to hear as many MKIII exhausts as possible, so I can get an idea of what I like. :)

BTW, is there any disadvantage to a one-piece driveshaft over the stock setup? If not, then why didn't Toyota make them that way to begin with?

I've been looking at this driveshaft: http://www.suprasport.com/product.asp?itemid=267 and this one: http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/vie...ts~Suspension~Driveshafts~TITA_CF_DS_MK3.html .

Do you know how much Bob would charge, and how his driveshaft would compare to those two?

Last edited:

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
My money says that the one Bob can get and the 2 in your links are all manufactured by the same company. Bob is local though, and I know him personally so I'm more comfortable sending him my money. You'll have to email or pm him for pricing, I really have no idea.

The downside to Morocco is there's nowhere to eat after about 7pm. Easily enough solved by bringing a cooler full of lunchmeat, pop, and bread though. Oooh, or the grill and some burgers! lol!

I'm just anxious to get to the track as I have some DR's sitting here and should have the trans swap done very soon.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Eriol, SupraDupra500-
Are you guys coordinating this meet? Reason I'm asking is that I'm setting up a meet in Louisville KY/Southern IN which is about 2hrs or less from Indy. Was thinking about Mem day weekend but June 4th looks like it would work out better. How about putting both together for a larger event. You guys set up the details with the Drag strip up in Indy & I will continue with the Dyno, Show & Shine & BBQ on this end. Make a weekend out of it. I'm sure the turn out will be good LMK what you think.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I like where this is going.....
Racing in Indy Fri night.... Hotel..... Get up and cruise down to KY.... With enough people (anything over 5 imo) would make an awesome trip... Damn sounds like a blast.

Plus, this being my last attendable meet until Chi2k5, got into school so my free time is going down the crapper as well as my cash flow... but I guess once I'm out I can get my MKIV in a year or two.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
that was meant to be year or two AFTER graduation... $17/hr startin wont be bad.

I have sworn to beat U and Floyd to MKIV greatness, lol. It will be done, even if I have to steal that pimp-ass black one from Arvins... It'd be worth every second in jail.

What are the chances of me getting my interior, BTW? lol

OK, one last line. So the other day, my key gets locked in my car ( :eek:wned: ) and when the nice officer popped the lock, the alarm went off... now all I can do is push start it.. when I turn the key it's like the battery is dead. I drove it from Columbus like that but when I turned it off it did the same exact thing. Does the alarm screw with the computer when it gets set off or something, or just a coincidence (sp?)?

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Steve: HMMMMM... we don't have a dyno. :) I wouldn't say this meet is really being coordinated... Matt (MkIISupraMan) set the date and location, and I've been kinda noisily reminding people of it because I really want a meet in my hometown. SupraDupra happened to be coordinating a meet on about the same day, so I think we're kind of converging on a serious meet.

I wouldn't mind driving down to KY on Sunday.

Matt: that's crazy. My Supra has a "Python" security system (horn honks and lights pop up down and on and off). Once the alarm has been set off, I can't start the car until I've unlocked the door from the outside with the key.

It's kind of cool because I can leave the car parked in Broad Ripple with the top down and the windows up, and if anyone tried to unlock the door from the inside to get into the car the alarm would go off and draw attention.