Indiana Supras (meet June 3rd at IRP - be there!)

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
His Supra is an '88, IIRC... though I think he might have said he had an '89+ motor.

How much you want for the gas tank? Does it have any surface rust on the inside whatsoever? And what do you mean by "related hardware?" If brackets and fill tube are included in that, that would be nice.

I put a brand new fuel pump in about 7 months ago... I flushed all the rust out of the tank at that time, which is why it depresses me that the sieve is clogged already.

Are you a business (9-5 on weekdays) or an individual (weekends)?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Mild is fine with me, I wanted to get it powder coated anyway. Cheap is also good. :) Next weekend (16-17) be OK? its a 89 Turd. Any idea on a round-about price? Will the $3.34 in my life saving cover it? :( I'm sure the money I'll save on gas will probably be well worth it anyway. $2.39 my ass..... I remember when people thought $1.98 was too much. Let's keep complaining ppl, it's really seemed to help. :rolleyes:

Hey Grant, U still interested in that MKII, I'm about to tell someone to come pick the damn thing up, I'm tired of looking at it. I know if you wanted it, it would be in good hands. Nobody wants the auto.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Nice Matt:
A local supra fabby rightdown the road from you with 2.5" 409 stainless mandrell bent 90 tubes and you go all the way to Grant in chicago to get mild steel ones.

You are such a hoser eh.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Grant:
Im just jacking with him and you.
No worries.
Matt has another ex supra owner named Matt. He's the type of guy that knows I am down the street & have the item in stock.... but yet will go to jegs and mail order the damn thing, pay shipping and be way over $$$$$ than I was to begin with.
So...
I tease this Matt all the time about crap like this.
Nooooooo worries.
Btw Chicago boy...
You never told me about the washer???

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Grant, who's that chick in your avatar...... I've wondered that forever. Just figured I'd ask... I know its been awhile since Chicago, but I don't think that SHE was with you. lol

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
*hands everyone a beer and encourages them to relax*

Thats the first time I've seen your mkiii, Matt - looks pretty all-right.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
pretty all-right? Could have atleast gave me some BS. She needs a lot of work, but she'll be purdy one day. I think I'm gonna stick w/ the white, it's grown on me. :greddy2: <-- I don't really get it, but figure it's the only time I'll be able to use it.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Nah, I only give BS when it's earned.

Unless I'm talking trash during some competition, that is. :D

I'm just surprised how well those rims work with that body -- I've been passing over those types of rims in my browsing because I don't think they would look good on my '87, but they do look pretty good on the '89.

Boy, '87s are hard to shop for rims for.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
So I re-dyno'd the MKII, 160.2 this time. Can't say that I'm not happy, I just need to get a few more before Vegas. :x: Me and my buddy figure we can do somewhere in the 180-ish+ range, fairly easy. I just need to bore that throttle body out, and switch intakes.... again.

Edit:

Last edited:

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Cool - where did you get that done at? I'd like to get a before and after dyno when I install my divorced wastegate downpipe.

Looks like IRP might have to get canned -- I went there today to get my car tech-inspected, and the guy told me they only did that on certain days -- not days when events are running.

I'll be getting my car teched on May 1st, I'll ask then about tech provisions for the meet.

My g/f's stepdad was telling me they don't require tech inspections for the TNSL events, so perhaps we'll get lucky and that will carry over to FNMM.

I'll find out in a couple of weeks and get back to you guys.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
What about that "other" strip? I'm willing to drive there also. If not, I'll just go to Edgewater, all alone. Maybe the d00ds from Sincinatti Supras would show up also...

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
I'll go either way -- I think they're both probably about the same distance from Indy. Maybe find out if one is flatter than the other, or something? Or since its a meet, perhaps pick the one with more food options around it.

Should I edit the IRP bit out of the title until we figure this out?