iamsuprman13's 91' MKIII Build

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
Although I am probably gonna have to check all the valve clearances and shim them...i accidentally dropped about half of the guides out and they got mixed up so the clearances are gonna be off

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
Well all good things must come to an end...I am selling the supra now...i have orders to fort lewis and dont have the time money or space for the project now...i am sad that i have to let it go but what i want is not always what is best for the family so...maybe when i get out there i can buy another one...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The good part is, you can always do it later, better, for less, because you learn more as you go. (if your so inclined).
I waited for 20 years while my kids grew but never let the "own a Supra" dream die.

Good luck!

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
It has been quite a while but as it turns out, I didn't sell the supra, so far it has just been sitting in my driveway here in Washington. Hopefully soon I can get back to work on it.

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
Okay, so I have started working on it again...I will get one massive update and some pictures up soon...Hopefully you guys are still interested...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Always interested in one of my car's relatives being revived. Especially with so few out there :)

Oh yeah.. if you still have oil stains on your driveway from your intercooler mishap... apparently cocacola is a good concrete stain remover... lol. (just popped into my head as I reread your front page...)

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1998908 said:
Always interested in one of my car's relatives being revived. Especially with so few out there :)

Oh yeah.. if you still have oil stains on your driveway from your intercooler mishap... apparently cocacola is a good concrete stain remover... lol. (just popped into my head as I reread your front page...)

I never knew that about CocaCola. I'll have to try that next time I spill something in the driveway.

We are definitely still interested. I just read through your thread and it seems like a cool project.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah with coca cola it's being pretty well interneted about how it's main influence on the human body is to cause calcium deficiency by forcing your stomach to use calcium stores to counteract its acidity.

It removes blood stains and cleans toilets really well also... :D

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1998918 said:
Yeah with coca cola it's being pretty well interneted about how it's main influence on the human body is to cause calcium deficiency by forcing your stomach to use calcium stores to counteract its acidity.

It removes blood stains and cleans toilets really well also... :D

Good thing I don't drink much coca cola, just Mountain Dew... I'm sure it probably does something awful to my body as well... I remember doing a science fair project back in middle school where I used different household items to clean Pennys. I remember using coke, but I don't remember if it actually did anything. I do remember the Tabasco sauce ate at the metal and started taking the copper plating off. Kinda strange. I guess it was the vinegar or something in it.

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
Well I live in another place now, on the other side of the country...lmao
However, before I left I got all the oil stains up, I happened to have some heavy-duty concrete etching acid, that when diluted by pouring it while using a water hose brought all the oil stains right up without cutting through the concrete...
About the coke, I did know that it works really well for cleaning stuff up, you should see what it does to degrease an engine, however, that is super expensive to do...lmao

iamsuprman13

Sep 9, 2012
JBLM, WA
That is pretty crazy. So I will be posting up a list of everything I need to finish the first part of my build. I am breaking it down into phases. And phase 1 is: get it running...basically I am going to do as little as needed to make it drivable on a daily basis