I picked up a 1997 SC300

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
ForcedTorque;1912138 said:
Damn it! I was hoping you'd pull your motor and sell the shell. I was prepared to offer $100 per coat of paint, but I wasn't sure I could afford it.

Seriously though, if it drives anywhere near as smooth as Ken's, I wouldn't touch a thing
They both drive exceptionally well. I think that's what I like about it. It looks great going down the road and it runs smooth. It also runs smooth, because it doesn't have the power to pull a greasy string out of a cat's ass, but I'm o.k. with that..............for now.

bhmsupra;1912155 said:
An end of an epic era...the blue Supra decomissioned - all I can say is WOW!! Makes me kinda sad.

Great looking new ride though Jay. If you need help with the paint let me know... but it looks pretty darn good in the photos.
...oh and I will go ahead a vulture. Whatcha gonna do with the equips?
I'm probably going to sell the car as it sits. I don't think I'm going to touch the motor or anything. I've got to paint my front bumper, clean it all up and then make a for sale thread for it and all the thousands of other things I have piled up.

IJ.;1912158 said:
Going for the "Iceberg" theory that 75% of the ugly is below the surface huh?? ;)

BZZZZZZZZZZ wrong!

So by your math, I'm better looking than 25percent of other ugly dudes..............I can live with that.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1911644 said:
"It's not how you stand by your car" ;)
Ooh, an obscure F&F line. Well played sir...

As for the Lexus Jay, I am digging the stance with those wheels. Normally they look kinda "meh" to me, but I think now I'm starting to believe that they just need a set of good wheels. :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
A bud picked up a Mint SC400 for $1500 AUD the other night so I towed it back to his place while I was in Melbourne with the trailer (it had a broken diff)

His car seems to have a target on it and to fix the body was going to be a minimum $5000 so we'll build 2 cars one with ALL the good/nice parts the other a bit of a turd and sell it for whatever it will bring.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I must say, the FandF line went over my head. I've seen all the movies, but I didn't remember that line. I just figures it was IJ telling me how gay I looked.............lol

I like the sc400's. I drove Ken's when he came and visited and it seemed like a great car. It's also black on black which I love almost as much as Renaissance red..........lol

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
suprahero;1916267 said:
I must say, the FandF line went over my head. I've seen all the movies, but I didn't remember that line. I just figures it was IJ telling me how gay I looked.............lol

I like the sc400's. I drove Ken's when he came and visited and it seemed like a great car. It's also black on black which I love almost as much as Renaissance red..........lol

I was interested to see how you were going to extend the shifter housing back since you didn't have a Soarer trans, but you're going auto. I'd probably be fine doing auto, but I already have a factory 5 speed.

The SC300 has such little support that it irritates me; I wanted the early Soarer shifter housing pieces and a swan neck shifter, but they're too rare. The only other options are to pay 225-250 plus core charge for a Tig welded extension or to hack up the shifter. I think I may just hack and weld the shifter...

Where are you planning to place your after market gauges?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I don't how I've managed to miss an opportunity to be a post whore in this thread especially since I'm mentioned in it a few times.
I'll vouch for this car. It is absolutely f**kin stunning in person, just like its owner hehe. I still love my SC400 although the suspension has been a bitch at times. Ive spent big $$$ replacing worn out stuff. Thats these cars only downfall but otherwise It's a great GT car and I've been to eleven states in mine.

Jay I still think you need to just drop a stock 2JZGTE and an MKIV LSD diff in it and call it good.
I think anymore hp than that and then you'll have to start spending a ton of cash on other upgrades so that the chassis can handle it. Then you'll lose that Lexus feeling. I've put mkiv control arms and shocks/springs on mine. It's firmed up the ride some but is still comfy cruising at 85 mph down the interstate.

This is my favorite pic I took of it.

p1981483_1.png