I picked up a 1997 SC300

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
HMNGSupraMKIII;1901255 said:
Yea thats a nice SC, only if SC came in 5-6 speed instead of auto. But I dont mind rocking the auto
They came 5-speed from factory with the W58, just very hard to find.

Very clean and nice looking SC, I was contemplating selling my supra and buying one to put a 1jz or 1.5 in it. Good luck with it!

MightyAl

Jun 5, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Gmelo30;1901331 said:
They came 5-speed from factory with the W58, just very hard to find.

Very clean and nice looking SC, I was contemplating selling my supra and buying one to put a 1jz or 1.5 in it. Good luck with it!

The SC300 was available with a manual but the SC400s were all autos. The manuals are rare as hen's teeth.

They are cool cars and the chassis is almost identical to the Mk4 supra.

I have always likes the SC's

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I actually bought it for the auto. I have a built auto sitting in my garage ready to be installed once I do the 1.5jz swap.

Poo, I started the clay barring today. I will finish it tomorrow and try to get some pictures if it's not raining all day.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
There clean my buddy has sc400 exhaust xpipe coilovers 5zigens auto but fast and smooth. Idk why they put the gas tank right behind the rear seats though.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
dubsupra209;1901494 said:
Idk why they put the gas tank right behind the rear seats though.

^so no fold down rear seats? armrest pass-through?

The 95 - Q45 was like this, probably helps stiffen up the rear structures around the c-pillar/strut towers....

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Might be an issue running the 340 in this J, carefully check the input splines and TC dimensions.

SC's are an amazing long distance cruiser/GT car, done a few interstate trips in my Bud's car!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'll check them Ian, but the tranny that I have came out of a 1jz so I'm hoping it's the same. It didn't come out of a 7m.

I noticed the gas tank was behind the rear seats today as well. I was adjusting my coilovers and saw the gas tank. I must say it surprised me seeing it there.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1901157 said:
Spent a lot of time in a Buds SC400, very nice car and as you've found the Mk3 chassis has a useby date after xx amount of years over 500rwhp...

Mine was totally shagged by the time I crashed it and while I "could" have repaired it I just didn't want to.
Is there really any way of preventing this? I know for a fact my setup is going to strain the car, got all new bushings, and probably going to reinforce the subframe in the rear as well, just in case. Would a full cage help? I mean, I don't especially like the idea, but if it will help keep the car nice, I'll bite and buy myself a couple helmets for the car.

dubsupra209;1901494 said:
Idk why they put the gas tank right behind the rear seats though.
Ahh, these are that way as well? Was surprised myself to find this was the case with the LS400 too. On the plus side, you could eat off the tank in my car...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Mine is the same way Brad. When I saw it, I was like.......Damn that thing is clean looking. All shiney and silver, but eating off of it never crossed my mind. Maybe it was because I'd just had lunch.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I ordered two new front calipers and rotars from an LS400. The brakes on this thing leave a lot to be desired. My supra has the front brakes from a gt500 on them, so I guess I'm spoiled.

I'll be checking into the AEM V2 next week to see if that will work better for me than the suprastick auto controller. The suprastick may not work at all and it will be easier to sell it if I don't cut up any wires. Hopefully the AEM will do everything I need it to do.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So, when are we gonna see some Soarer badges on this thing? I mean if you're sticking your 1j in it anyway... close enough, not to mention that's a badass looking badge.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Never thought about it or seen one that I can remember. I'll have to check into it. I'm kinda fond of the Lexus badge though.....lol

aka paco

Nice sc!

I was into SCs before mk3s oddly enough lol..

First toyota/lexus i ever had was a bone stock 95sc300 I did a 1jz swap, suspension, wheels..
Then sold it got a 5 speed black interior sc, eventually picked up a 97 RSP sc300 with black interior car was NA-T.

Since my 3 scs ive had 3 mk3 supras now lol..

Do love my scs, for dailys much more comfortable, I dont daily my supra though so it feels more fun to drive and sporty then the sc,
Also seems to get more compliments.. id like another sc one day though, most comfy coupes ever..

Congrats on the new car though im diggin the stance & enkeis with the "big win" lip?

Think I seen it on club lexus fs but might be confusing it with another

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No, it was the same one for sale on CL. I flew to Chicago, bought it, and drove it home.

IJ, I told Ken to take the picture from my neck down. I thought the abuse would be easier that way, but he doesn't listen very well.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
After driving this thing for a month, I think I've decided to keep it stock for a while. I love being able to drive it without any worries about anything breaking due to too mucking fuch horsepower. I may decide to put a turbo on it later, but for now, I'm happy with the way it is. I think I'll redo the interior and make it all perfect some time this spring.

Now I just need to get my car cleaned up and on the market.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Damn it! I was hoping you'd pull your motor and sell the shell. I was prepared to offer $100 per coat of paint, but I wasn't sure I could afford it.

Seriously though, if it drives anywhere near as smooth as Ken's, I wouldn't touch a thing

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
An end of an epic era...the blue Supra decomissioned - all I can say is WOW!! Makes me kinda sad.

Great looking new ride though Jay. If you need help with the paint let me know... but it looks pretty darn good in the photos.
...oh and I will go ahead a vulture. Whatcha gonna do with the equips?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprahero;1911688 said:
No, it was the same one for sale on CL. I flew to Chicago, bought it, and drove it home.

IJ, I told Ken to take the picture from my neck down. I thought the abuse would be easier that way, but he doesn't listen very well.

Going for the "Iceberg" theory that 75% of the ugly is below the surface huh?? ;)

BZZZZZZZZZZ wrong!